News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Immortal X-Men (USA) di Kieron Gillen

Aperto da Man of Steel, 06 Gennaio 2022, 21:53:49

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Secrets From Mutant History Are Unleashed and Vicious Betrayals Threaten Krakoa's Future in 'Immortal X-Men'
CitazioneEarlier this week, Marvel Comics announced the next era of X-Men storytelling: DESTINY OF X. This Second Age of Krakoa will see new titles emerge and existing ones undergo exciting status quo changes as the endless possibilities that await mutantkind are explored! And today, fans can learn more about one of March 2022's launches—Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck's IMMORTAL X-MEN!

CitazioneIMMORTAL X-MEN will focus on the current leaders of mutantkind known as The Quiet Council in an X-Men series ripe with backstabbing, shady alliances, and chilling revelations that will put everything you thought you knew about Krakoa's future into question! Already proven to be a master of the mutant mythos on books like UNCANNY X-MEN and GENERATION HOPE, Gillen makes his grand return to the franchise with an ambitious series unlike anything that's come before in X-Men history. And fresh off his work on TRIAL OF MAGNETO, Lucas Werneck is ready to use his acclaimed talents to bring all the high-stakes action, heated clashes, and intense DRAMA to life in this first-of-its-kind X-Men title.

The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better... or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE, they strive to hold together—no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Take a seat in the room where it happens. "It" being "the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet." Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others...

Here's what Gillen had to say about the new series...

"So, the match is lit, and IMMORTAL X-MEN is a book about the burning. To speak in a Hickmanian idiom, this is the NEW AVENGERS to Gerry [Duggan]'s AVENGERS. This is the book about Krakoa, and the Quiet council, with all its muffled screams. It's about a group of people, some of whom are convinced they're in the West Wing, some who have designs to be in House of Cards and at least one who knows they're in Veep. It's big ideas, politics, fights and fashion, lies, creation and destruction, all told across the widest possible canvas, in time and space. It's some characters I've written before, with the volume turned up. It's me falling in love with some characters I've never touched. It's me somehow talking Marvel into paying me for having this much fun.

"Returning to the Inferno nod, Lucas Werneck is basically fire on the page. He's someone who absolutely nails the tone of the book. When we do quiet and real, the characters have so much charisma it feels like stars are on the page. When we do big and impossible, he makes it real, and takes your breath away. Mark Brooks on covers is another treat. His gifts in creating form and charisma are obvious, but he's throwing ideas at the page with a huge velocity. People are going to be poring over his first cover like it's a piece of art at the heart of a conspiracy, as if every line means something. Which is lucky, because it does."
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/immortal-x-men-kieron-gillen-lucas-werneck-full-announcement
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Arkin Torsen

A Gillen non nego mai una possibilità!
La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Loki

Hype alle stelle. Gillen sui mutanti l'ho adorato e in generale mi piace molto come scrittore.

Man of Steel

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Clod

eh bè, non sarò impazzito per la sua gestione, ma riconosco che con Essex Gillen avesse fatto un ottimo lavoro

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Sarò onesto...essendo cresciuto col vecchio Mister Sinister, un po' (tanto) mi dispiace che il suo Mr.Sinister sia/stia per diventare quello definitivo.
Ha funzionato, ma Nathaniel non è mai stato un pagliaccio e che cazzo. :lolle:

Why? solo perchè un tizio cattivo che si fa chiamare "Mister Sinister" fa ridere? :lol:
PG abbastanza drammatico, Milligan ce lo insegna!

Hellions è uno spasso grazie a lui (ma non solo) tho.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Chocozell

Firma.png

HCPunk

Non so cosa aspettarmi da questo "political superhero book".. ma spero di vedere il caro old school Sinistro e anche qualcos'altro.
I personaggi sono tanti ed avendo tutti moolti anni alle spalle ce n'è da raccontare..!

12 numeri e si salterà di qua e di là.. :mmm: ma Gillen mi pare bello carico :asd:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

katzenberg

Man of Steel

Letto #1
Hickman is Head of X no more.
Inizia una nuova era per i mutanti, una guidata anche da Gillen, anche se tutto rimane (ovviamente) strettamente legato ad Hickman, anche da cose basilari come le charts.

Apro il numero e SBAM, Mister Sinister al centro di tutto, heh...why am i not surprised? :lol:

Però questo numero mi ha ricordato una cosa, @Clod ricordo un nostro piccolo back and forth:
Citazione di: Clod il 17 Dicembre 2015, 22:53:31Sinister non è un mutante

Sono proprio curioso, ma cosa ne pensi di questo nuovo status quo di Sinister sotto Dawn of X? Te gusta? :P

Più che un mutant, Sinister è sempre stato un mutate, come Spidey e Hulk per dire, ma ora...
Nuova era, nuovo gene col fattore X nel suo sangue, always on the winning side, ha! :dsi:

Gillen fa dei callbacks ad Hickman, ma anche alle sue passate storie mutanti, al periodo Utopia, attraverso Sinister ci ricorda che i mutanti, lui compreso, hanno già vissuto qualcosa di simile, ma ora è differente...è migliore.

Gillen riprende certi plot-points di Inferno, o meglio...è credo proprio che sia stato Hickman a settare lo stage per Gillen, anyway, come era anche prevedibile Magnus
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Gillen/Sinister flamboyant come sempre e tremendamente BASED. :asd:

Dai, bella partenza, il numero era molto godibile, ora io non mi aspetto un cazz lo stesso, probabilmente a breve la testata diventerà una specie di Road to Judgment Day, forse ci saranno dei crossover con Eternals, spero di no, anche il twist finale pur essendo moooolto interessante è...insomma, mi sa che non faranno un cazz alla fine, così come 2 anni di build-up e worldbuilding di Hickman non sono serviti a un bel niente alla fine.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Clod

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 03 Aprile 2022, 20:33:48Però questo numero mi ha ricordato una cosa, @Clod ricordo un nostro piccolo back and forth:
Sono proprio curioso, ma cosa ne pensi di questo nuovo status quo di Sinister sotto Dawn of X? Te gusta? :P

Più che un mutant, Sinister è sempre stato un mutate, come Spidey e Hulk per dire, ma ora...
Nuova era, nuovo gene col fattore X nel suo sangue, always on the winning side, ha! :dsi:

Gillen fa dei callbacks ad Hickman, ma anche alle sue passate storie mutanti, al periodo Utopia, attraverso Sinister ci ricorda che i mutanti, lui compreso, hanno già vissuto qualcosa di simile, ma ora è differente...è migliore.

in generale non mi fa nè caldo ne freddo, considerata anche la mercurialità del personaggio.

Fa piacere venga comunque usato, già negli Uncanny era sicuramente uno degli aspetti che avessi maggior gradito della gestione. Gestione che, come in questo caso, si affacciava a un mega-evento, in quel caso AvX.

Vedremo se la storia si ripeterà; spero di no, visto che comunque lo status quo Destiny of X mi intriga, ma il rischio c'è.

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Già anche a me non dispiace affatto, poi qua proprio come in Hellions, è uno spasso. :asd:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #2
Fuck! Finito sul più bello!
Ho divorato questo numero, molto bello, leggere Hope era :meta: Gillen l'ha usata bene ed è riuscito a dire molte cose anche su se stesso...errr i guess? Almeno io ho visto questo.
Vediamo che cazz ha visto Destiny...

Letto anche il FCBD di Judgment Day
Anche questo scritto da Gillen, prologo a...beh, all'evento-X dell'anno e dico solo una cosa: The Eternals Must Die.

C'è anche un'altra storia scritta da Duggan, molto interessante anche questa, prologo al secondo Hellfire Gala del cazz, questa volta però la minaccia sarà Moira, hanno ovviamente stuprato il suo pg dopo il lavoro di Hickman, ma non possiamo farci più niente e diamine...forse è meglio così...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

HCPunk

IMMORTAL X-MEN #1

Release: 30/3/22
Pages: 44
Price: $5,99

PART ONE: THE LEFT HAND
IN THE QUIET COUNCIL, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM! The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better... or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE / X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE they strive to hold together, no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Writer Kieron Gillen (UNCANNY X-MEN, ETERNALS, The Wicked + The Divine, Die) returns to the world of X with artist Lucas Werneck (X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO) to bring us all into the room where it happens. "It" being "the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet." Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others...

---------

IMMORTAL X-MEN #2

Release: 18/5/22
Pages: 28
Price: $3,99

PART TWO: ALL MANKIND'S WOES
EMERGENCY COUNCIL MEETING! Magneto leaving the council means big shoes need to be filled. Selene demonstrating her foot size by crushing the whole island beneath it is unorthodox, yet compelling. Can the Quiet Council resist?

--------

IMMORTAL X-MEN #3

Release: 22/6/22

THE DESTINY OF X! Over one hundred years ago, Irene Adler wrote twelve books. A sequel is long overdue.

---------

IMMORTAL X-MEN #4

Release: 13/7/22

A GALA PERFORMANCE! Emma Frost will do anything to protect the children, including the metaphorical child that is the Hellfire Gala. Last year's was a fantastic success. She would not like it if someone ruined the second. She would not like it at all. But don't worry, I'm sure it'll go fine.

-------

IMMORTAL X-MEN #5

Release: 3/8/22

THE BOOK OF EXODUS! Bennet du Paris was born in the 12th century. Exodus marched forth with a sword in his hand and a shield in his heart to protect what he believes. It's now the 21st century. What's changed? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And the Eternals who dared attack Krakoa are going to discover what that means.

A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY TIE-IN

--------

IMMORTAL X-MEN #6

Release: 14/9/22

STAND FOR JUDGMENT! Judgment comes and the Quiet Council grows suspiciously quiet. An exception: Do you think a man so devoted to the Hellfire cares one jot? Let's find out.

A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY TIE-IN
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

HCPunk

Secondo me hanno giocato un po' di astuzia nel richiamare Gillen. In passato ha fatto molto bene, imho, con i mutanti, ha gestito altrettanto bene la "sua" versione di Sinister, sta conducendo gli Eternals su strade interessanti e qui già butta la pulce nell'orecchio per Judgment Day. Poi proprio Essex è stato un pg notevole per questo nuovo corso mutante per via di quello che ha portato avanti di nascosto, difatti basta guardare cosa ha tirato fuori parlando dei singoli poteri mutanti dei gene X e di
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
. Cioè potrebbe essere lui il fulcro del futuro prossimo degli X-Men! Quante cose sa?? Quante cosa sa fare?? Le note con i suoi segreti.. madò può scoperchiare un vaso di Pandora gigantesco!! :dyo:

Molto bene anche per quanto riguarda gli altri componenti del Quite Council e le loro dinamiche, essendo il #1 ha piazzato tanti elementi che creano l'hype facile.. :pazzia:
Ho parecchie aspettative su Magneto e il suo trasloco.. spero in bene.. :sisi:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS