News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Spider-Man (USA)

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Giugno 2010, 19:52:17

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

spidergiakimo

Citazione di: Clod il 04 Giugno 2012, 11:13:15
non nego che questa mini mi intrighi: c'è Spidey, c'è Bendis...
spero solo sia fruibile anche per chi come me conosca solo una delle due versioni
Immagino di si, sarebbe un'autogol clamoroso se non fosse leggibile da tutti.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood - Marie Curie
Ma sopra tutto nel buon vino ho fede,
e credo che sia salvo chi gli crede - Luigi Pulci

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Marcus Brigstocke
God is dead, Marx is dead, and I'm not feeling too great myself. - Woody Allen
Reivindico absolutamente el derecho al vagabundeo, a la aventura, a la utopìa y al romanticismo, porque es la esencia del Che - Ernesto Che Guevara

Peter Parker

Citazione di: spidergiakimo il 04 Giugno 2012, 11:41:56
Citazione di: Clod il 04 Giugno 2012, 11:13:15
non nego che questa mini mi intrighi: c'è Spidey, c'è Bendis...
spero solo sia fruibile anche per chi come me conosca solo una delle due versioni
Immagino di si, sarebbe un'autogol clamoroso se non fosse leggibile da tutti.

Credo anche io... :ahsisi:

Azrael

"Amazing Spider-Man Annual" #39 sees writer Brian Reed returning to the character, paired with British artist Lee Garbett. Annuals have become something of a rarity since Marvel decided to put out extra issues of their main series instead. Indeed, recent annuals have focused on providing interlinked mini-crossovers rather than the more traditional oversized one-shot story. However, this issue is an annual in a more conventional mold and it's all the better for it: one story and plenty of space to tell it.

The story Reed tells is surprisingly well-integrated into the "Big Time" status quo, featuring the Horizon Labs characters and other elements of Peter's life that aren't what you'd call mainstays. It's unusual to see someone other than Slott writing so deeply in Spider-Man's world, but any oddness is quickly dispelled by a strong and well-constructed story.

Admittedly, it starts better than it ends, with a solid mystery let down by some fairly weakly-explained plot mechanics that see Spider-Man revisiting his past in a literal sense. The need to attach emotional resonance to the characters is understandable, but the story seems to stall towards the end, letting the emotional resonance take centre stage as Peter mainly rushes from one point to the next so the audience can nod nostalgically. Garbett's style changes to match the earlier periods well, so that nostalgia is genuine -- but there's a problem.

Without wanting to Spoiler the events too heavily, part of the story involves a meeting with a certain deceased Uncle, giving Peter a rare opportunity to talk to him, even if it's a version of him that never knew Peter Parker.

Now, I say "rare." There's a danger with these kind of stories that the impact can be lessened by their sheer frequency. How many times have we seen Spider-Man get the approval of an Uncle Ben from an alternate universe or timeline? Whatever number you come up with, it's too many. It's understandably a tempting beat to use, but it also cheapens Peter's genuine loss. It reminds us that in a world where death can be undone, there's no reason a genius like Peter Parker couldn't fix his mistake if he really wanted to.

That said, this is a well-executed, if increasingly thin story that relies on an emotional core that can only just support the necessary weight. There's a decent concept at its heart, but the execution doesn't quite work. Not bad, but not as good as it could have been.

3 su 5

Da CBR
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Preview: AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

spidergiakimo

Dodson sembra un po' tirato via  :sisi:

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Marcus Brigstocke
Reivindico absolutamente el derecho al vagabundeo, a la aventura, a la utopìa y al romanticismo, porque es la esencia del Che - Ernesto Che Guevara

Azrael

What's better than Spider-Man? Two Spider-Mans! Or in the case of Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli's latest project, Spider-Men (first issue out June 13). But while this book looks gorgeous, this opening issue still isn't quite as spry as you might expect, as the story is hampered by some fairly substantial decompression.
That said, for those who have somehow missed Bendis's decade-long association with Peter Parker — say, if you've skipped Avengers, New Avengers, or even Ultimate Spider-Man to a lesser degree — this issue will serve as a fine introduction for the character. Bendis strings together a surprising amount of action for this book, weaving through monologues and crime-fighting with gusto. But it's when Peter winds up seeing the Ultimate Universe that things start to look different: Considering the Ultimate Peter Parker died at the hands of the Green Goblin, it's interesting to see how "our" Peter might react to that very public news.
The highlight for this book, while not perfect, is Sara Pichelli's artwork. Her take on Peter Parker is very different than the way she's drawn Miles Morales in the past — Peter's a little bit bulkier, in that John Romita Sr. style, and when she and colorist Justin Ponsor are in sync, she reminds me a little bit of Stefano Caselli, with some very fluid linework for a very fluid character. The opening image of Spider-Man swinging over New York City is a great first impression, and even the little bits of body language Peter shows displays an awkwardness that fits with the character. That said, there are a few hiccups to Pichelli's inking, which occasionally makes some characters — particularly their faces — look scratchy, almost in a Billy Tan vibe.
But the real downside to this issue is the pacing and the plot. You'll notice I didn't mention much about Miles Morales, the new Ultimate Spider-Man, and there's a reason for that. This is a very utilitarian first chapter, basically assigned just to get one character from Point A to Point B — and considering this is a two-character story, that's going to leave some people feeling a little empty-handed. As I said earlier, Bendis on Peter Parker isn't anything new, and an issue of monologuing isn't the main draw of this book. The team-up is what matters, and because Bendis eats up several pages with Peter's chattiness, that team-up doesn't really get its just dues in the opening issue.

Considering how many comics are out there on the stands today, that's a hurdle that may be difficult for Spider-fans to overcome. I have no doubt that Spider-Men will read great as a collection, but as an individual issue — or even as an opening hook to draw in readers — I feel that the character focus for this issue was a bit of a misstep. If the art didn't look great, and the voice didn't ring true, Spider-Men would be squashed already. But even now, it's a little disappointing that the crossover to shake two worlds still feels a little bit business-as-usual.

7 su 10

Da Newsarama

Silver Surfer

Citazione di: spidergiakimo il 05 Giugno 2012, 20:27:36
Forse é cosí, ma comunque é sempre un bel vedere.
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.

spidergiakimo

Citazione di: Silver Surfer il 05 Giugno 2012, 22:37:46
Citazione di: spidergiakimo il 05 Giugno 2012, 20:27:36
Forse é cosí, ma comunque é sempre un bel vedere.
Ah si, su quello non c'è dubbio.

Deadpool

Comunque qua Capitan Marvel è disegnata 100 volte meglio che sulla sua serie  :sisi:

Azrael

Preview: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #687 "Ends of the Earth"

Peter Parker

'Ste copertine so una più bella dell'altra... :ahsisi:

Green Hankey

Vai Ragno: niente Ramos in copertina nè negli interni  :rulezza:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Clod

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

spidergiakimo

Citazione di: Deadpool il 06 Giugno 2012, 11:13:43
Comunque qua Capitan Marvel è disegnata 100 volte meglio che sulla sua serie  :sisi:
ti credo la sua seria è disegnata da gente a caso  :lolle: :lolle:

Silver Surfer

This August, celebrate Spider-Man's 50th anniversary as the amazing dream team of Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos introduce someone new to the Marvel Universe that will have everyone asking – "Who Is Alpha?"

But in order to find out, you'll have to be amongst the first to pick up Amazing Spider-Man #692 – the special anniversary issue you've been waiting 50 years for!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #692 (JUN120622)
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art & Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
ON SALE AUGUST 2012!
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.