Batman: The Court of Owls (USA) di Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 10:14:53

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Buddy Baker

Ottimo inizio, Bruce stavolta sembra proprio nei guai  :sisi:

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Azrael

Download the New, Must-Have "Night of the Owls" Digital Booklet – It's Free

Are you excited to see what happens next in the "Night of the Owls" BATMAN family event? Make sure you don't miss a thing by downloading a free digital booklet that chronicles the entire event. The new booklet, available today, features a checklist of all issues that are part of the event, including BATMAN, NIGHTWING, DETECTIVE COMICS, BATWING, BATGIRL, BIRDS OF PREY, CATWOMAN, RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS, ALL-STAR WESTERN and BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT. The digital booklet also includes the 10-page back-up story from BATMAN #8 that launched "Night of the Owls." Download your free booklet today!

Da Source
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Buddy Baker

Considerate comunque che il booklet contiene le ultime pagine di Batman #8, se avete ordinato l'albetto rischiate di spoilerarvi il finale del numero  :up:

Azrael

Batman #8 Review (IGN)

And so the Night of the Owls begins!

Batman #8 marks the start of the New 52's first large scale "crossover" event with Night of the Owls, and what a beginning it is. And yet, despite it being the kick-off for such a pivotal storyline, Batman #8 feels fairly reserved in comparison to the issues that came before it. That's not a bad thing by any means; I'm simply saying that Scott Snyder and company have taken a more straight forward approach to the title than we've seen thus far. The narrative here is simple: the Court of Owls is staging an attack on Wayne Manor, and it's no more complicated than that. Despite its narrative simplicity, Snyder and artist Greg Capullo once again deliver a riveting chapter of their Bat-saga as the owl poo begins to hit the fan.

Much like Snyder's Swamp Thing #8 that saw him relax a bit on the issue-driving monologue of Alec Holland, here the story's ascent into non-stop action territory yields a similar effect. Greg Capullo takes the reins here in multiple sequences that put Bruce's true badassery on display, as multiple Talons begin to encroach all up on him and he dispatches them with a brutality that is not often as impactful as it is under Capullo's pencil. As jaw-dropping as the action sequences art, Capullo also makes room for some subtlety that lets the true creepiness of the Court shine. Aided by the fantastic color work of FCO Plascencia, Capullo makes great use of the eeire glowing eyes of the Talons, enlisting them as a recurring visual cue to elicit terror from the reader. Not only is their personal familiarity with Bruce chilling, but the visual design that Capullo has come up with for the character pays off in full as we see them flock the house.

However, though Snyder's script takes a back seat once the action begins to unfold, the opening monologue encapsulates the thematic beats of the story incredibly well, getting any remaining new readers up to speed quickly and effectively. This issue also marks the debut of the back-up feature with co-writer James Tynion IV and Rafael Albuquerque. While this feature is completely competent in and of itself with some truly great work from Albuquerque, I'm unsure of why this has been billed as a "back-up," aside from it incorporating a new artist. Indeed, the story is a direct continuation of the cliffhanger at the end of the main feature that simply leads to a new cliffhanger during the exact same scene. While I'm sure the future back-ups will stray from this formula, here it perhaps would've been better suited to have just called Batman #8 "over-sized."

Regardless, Night of the Owls has launched in fine fashion, piling on the action to the already established intrigue, leaving us truly wondering about the fate of the Bat-family.

9 su 10

Da IGN

Bruce Wayne

Batman #12 cover tease

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Notevole...  :nod:

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Bruce Wayne il 20 Aprile 2012, 11:20:14
Batman #12 cover tease

Notevole...  :nod:

Bruce hai letto il #8? Commenti?

Bruce Wayne

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Bruce Wayne il 20 Aprile 2012, 11:25:32

Bobby Drake

Concordo in pieno con l'utente Bruce Wayne, questa serie:

Azrael

ARTIST RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE ON THE "NIGHT OF THE OWLS" CROSSOVER

The wait is over, and the war for Gotham City is about to begin. Pitting Batman and the extended Bat-family against the Court of Owls and their sinister agents, the long-awaited "Night of the Owls" crossover kicks off this week.

A shadowy secret society with deathless assassins known as Talons to execute its malevolent will, the Court has roots that reach back into Gotham's deep past – and now this cadre of killers has mounted an all-out assault to exert its influence on the city's present. It's the Court of Owls versus the Allies of the Bat to determine once and for all who will rule the shadows of Gotham City.

BATMAN back-up artist Rafael Albuquerque discusses his collaboration with writer Scott Snyder, and how their previous work together helped to inform the storytelling behind the BATMAN back-ups.

I have been collaborating with Scott [Snyder] for a while since we have teamed up to do AMERICAN VAMPIRE, so when I was invited to draw the back-ups for Batman I thought it would be a good opportunity to bring that "Vertigo flavor" to the most popular comic in the business. We did our basic game. Used different art styles to improve the storytelling and I can say that, besides all the pressure of drawing a BATMAN book, I believe this is one of my favorite works along with Scott.

Art by Rafael Albuquerque for BATMAN #9

The "Night of the Owls" begins this week in BATMAN #8 and NIGHTWING #8, exploding across the rest of the Bat-books in May. Stay tuned to The Source all this week for more insights from the architects of this epic event.

Da Source

Deadpool

Azrael

EDITOR MIKE MARTS ON THE "NIGHT OF THE OWLS" CROSSOVER

The wait is over, and the war for Gotham City is about to begin. Pitting Batman and the extended Bat-family against the Court of Owls and their sinister agents, the long-awaited "Night of the Owls" crossover kicks off this week.

A shadowy secret society with deathless assassins known as Talons to execute its malevolent will, the Court has roots that reach back into Gotham's deep past – and now this cadre of killers has mounted an all-out assault to exert its influence on the city's present. It's the Court of Owls versus the Allies of the Bat to determine once and for all who will rule the shadows of Gotham City.

With the "Night of the Owls" already underway, BATMAN Group Editor Mike Marts promises plenty of action still to come.

Here we are. "Night of the Owls" finally kicked off this week with BATMAN #8 and NIGHTWING #8, and it kicked off in a big way. But this is still just the beginning. There's so much more story to tell – too much to be contained in these two series. The Owls have declared war on Gotham, but they're going to have to contend with all of the allies of the Bat if they want to wrestle control of the city. So if you think things are hot already, just wait until the story spills into DETECTIVE COMICS #9, BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: #9, CATWOMAN #9, BATWING #9, BIRDS OF PREY #9, RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #9 and BATGIRL #9. We've seen first blood, but we've got a lot more to be spilled before we're done.

Da Source

Azrael

Azrael

Scott Lobdell to Scott Snyder: "I SALUTE YOU!"

On this, the eve of the NIGHT OF THE OWLS crossover event, I would be remiss if I didn't salute the maestro behind it all, Mr. Scott Snyder.

While certainly the key to the success of a runaway hit like BATMAN can only come through that perfect union of writer and artist -- and Scott has been blessed by Greg Capullo's sheer awesomeness -- I can only speak to my experience on the crossover through my dealings with Mr. Snyder.

For everyone who wonders if this kid is the serious, thoughtful, generous genius that he's portrayed as so glowingly in the press... the answer is yes. It should surprise no one at all that Scott would be the first writer out of the DCNu gate to explode with a story that simply could not be contained in one monthly title! (Heck, even five bat books weren't enough! Ten?! I can't keep track!)

Trust me when I tell you I've had more than my fair share of crossovers in my career -- from the position where another writer would essentially hand me a synopsis of my chapter in the larger story, to the times I'd be the guy in front of the room writing maniacally on the dry erase board while everyone else squinted and asked each other "What the hell is he talking about?" So when I say Scott has been a consummate professional throughout, know that I know of what I speak.

From the very first "Hey, Guys!" email where Scott threw wide the metaphorical gates of Gotham and invited any and all of us to join in, he meticulously laid out the whole world or the Court of the Owls for us. He explained the history of the Talons but then made it clear that involvement in the story wasn't mandatory:

He wasn't dictating, he was welcoming. He was never intimidating, he was encouraging.

(It was no coincidence that every other Bat-writer at the company -- and then some -- hurled ourselves into the Owl mixing bowl! And even less of a coincidence I was the one who shyly asked "Can I have Mr. Freeze for my story?!" No fool am I -- despite what you may have read on Tumblr!)

But don't think he stopped there -- despite a workload that includes SWAMP THING and Vertigo's AMERICAN VAMPIRE, Scott looked at every page of plot and script and pencils that came in and gave helpful and supportive notes on everything from a Talon's back story to their speaking patterns to insights into their individual back stories. Because I am one of those writers who writes plot first and then scripts only after the page arrives, Scott had to do double the work on my RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS entry. Through it all he was never anything less than gracious.

So this is me, one seasoned comic warhorse giving a shout out to a fellow writer who month to month kicks ass on his own title while also sharing his time and talent with the rest of us. (Now I hope you've all saved up your pennies! Because NIGHT OF THE OWLS starts next week and you are not going to want to miss a single issue!)

Scott Snyder, thank you!

Scott Lobdell

Los Angeles

Occasional contributor Scott Lobdell can no longer abide an Internet determined to cut everything down. So keep an eye on this spot somewhat regularly as he writes about people and things in comic book industry that he actually likes!

Da CVine

Green Hankey

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.