News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Aquaman (USA) di Geoff Johns & Ivan Reis

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 12:03:14

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Ikki di Phoenix

Certo che pure il colorista è spettacolare... chi è?

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

Lois Lane

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 27 Settembre 2011, 20:33:07
Aquaman sucks, e intanto è l'undicesimo titolo del rilancio a superare le 100 mila copie:

Citazione· AQUAMAN #1 is the eleventh title in DC Comics-The New 52 with sales of more than 100,000. The series joins the sales ranks of the previously announced titles ACTION COMICS, BATGIRL, BATMAN, BATMAN AND ROBIN, BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT, DETECTIVE COMICS, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, JUSTICE LEAGUE and SUPERMAN.

:ahsisi:
:rulezza: :rulezza: :rulezza:

Captain America

Non riesco a vedere gli Spoiler...

Post Uniti: 27 Settembre 2011, 21:32:06

Ok era google che voleva tradurmi la pagina a tutti i costi xD
Cmq mi piacerebbe leggerlo...

Buddy Baker

Disegni bellissimi, a parte il ringiovanimento del personaggio che trovo un po' eccessivo (Clark, Ollie e Arthur per me sono stati fatti troppo giovani) secnodo me la serie ha tutto per far bene, soprattutto visto che è affidata ad uno dei migliori team creativi del momento

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Carol Danvers

Aquaman sucks, e intanto è l'undicesimo titolo del rilancio a superare le 100 mila copie:

Citazione· AQUAMAN #1 is the eleventh title in DC Comics-The New 52 with sales of more than 100,000. The series joins the sales ranks of the previously announced titles ACTION COMICS, BATGIRL, BATMAN, BATMAN AND ROBIN, BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT, DETECTIVE COMICS, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, JUSTICE LEAGUE and SUPERMAN.

Considerando che parliamo di una serie di Johns con i disegni di Reis e il club è abbastanza affollato non è affatto una sorpresa

*Membro del comitato "PIPISTRELLO ROSA", ente atto alla promozione, diffusione e salvaguardia delle bat-fanciulle.

Un comprimario è per sempre*

Carol Ferris o Barbara Gordon

King Mob

Anche la gente che lo compra sucks.  :lolle:

Scherzo eh, era solo che non potevo mancare.  :lolle:

Ma quanto tempo ci separa dalla prossima estate?

Matches Malone

Green Hankey

Passaggio favoloso dell'intervista di Johns fatta da Newsrama

Nrama: When you were first deciding what books you wanted to tackle in the New 52, I'm assuming you could have tackled just about anything as a new #1. Why did a relaunch of Aquaman attract you the most?

Johns: I've always really been fascinated with the character. I think there's a great world to explore with that character, with the ocean and the mythology that comes with that. And creating new things for that world, and expanding it, was compelling to me as a writer. I thought it was a great challenge.

Ivan Reis and Joe Prado were really fun to work with on Aquaman in Brightest Day, so we kind of wanted to carry that over. And people seemed to really respond to Aquaman.

And everyone's heard of Aquaman. So the people who are looking at the 52 relaunched books, whether they bought comics a month ago, or they're coming back to the store after awhile, or they've never bought before, they at least have a passing knowledge of who Aquaman is. And I thought it was a really great challenge to take on the underdog of the superheroes.

Aquaman's a very different book to write than every other book.

Nrama: Fans are obviously familiar with how you and Ivan work together. But is he bringing anything in particular to the Aquaman title that's a little different?

Johns: The one thing he's told me, and I think it's really cool, is that he sees the water as poetry. So the way he's drawing water is amazing. There's a great scene in issue #2 where Mera uses her powers for the first time, and it's just breathtaking, the way he's drawing. And our colorist Rob Reis is just doing an amazing job on lighting up the book. It just looks spectacular. The art is really the best Aquaman could possibly get.

Nrama: What do you think he means, "water is poetry."

Johns: We talked about it, and he means the way it moves. It has a rhythm. And it's very organic and very beautiful. And even when it's harsh and hard and there's violence in the water, it still has a very interesting way of moving. So it's alive in its own way to Ivan, which I love.

:wub:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Deadpool

Green Hankey

Il passaggio sull'acqua come poesia suggerito da Reis è spettacolare.

Jonathan Crane

Disegni bellerrimi. Johns si può giocare la carta Atlantide e tante altre cose, speriamo bene perché vorrei seguire Aquaman.
Fondatore e Leader dell'Anti-Minestrone League

Ho rovinato la vita di così tanta gente, non posso mica ricordarmi di tutti!

(Piccola pausa di riflessione. Ritornerò.)

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring

The King of Atlantis must choose between his life in the ocean and his life on land. Can this book make Aquaman cool again?

It's no secret I'm a huge Aquaman fan. And to me nothing sounds better than an Aquaman book with Geoff Johns writing, Ivan Reis penciling, Joe Prado inking, and Rod Reis coloring.
The Good

Aquaman isn't just battling evil in the ocean. You quickly find out he has no problem taking the battle to the surface in order to save people. Anyone who thought this may have been a book featuring a guy swimming in the ocean with a school of fish following him is incredibly wrong. For years, I, and many other Aquaman fans, have been trying to explain what Aquaman's powers are, aside from "talking to fish." This issue does a great job not only explaining but showing readers what this amazing character is capable of. Let it be known, don't mess with Aquaman.

Aquaman has a bit of a chip off of his shoulder, and rightfully so. The character, personality-wise, had a redesign, and it's 100% for the better. He still cares for his people and his wife, but don't bring up the wrong topic around him because he gets pretty pissed off. He's nothing like the lame version of him on Super-Friends.

What got me most excited about this book was the new villains: They're creepy, malicious, and not a typical villain trying to take over the world. It's also nice to see a collective of villains, and in this case a race of beings, than a singular villain. "The more, the merrier."

Ivan Reis' art is phenomenal. He was one of my favorite artists when he popped in and out of Green Lantern, and I love seeing him work with Geoff Johns again. He's a solid, contemporary, talented guy, and the addition of Joe Prado's inking and Rod Reis' colors really make this book pop.
The Bad

While I loved every moment of this book, there is one element of this book I can see people not liking. This issue spends a lot of time telling the reader that people hate Aquaman. It gets to a point where you become just as aggravated as Aquaman looks. The whole issue really just tries to disprove the statement "Aquaman sucks." At the same time, this needs to be done, since this character has been crapped on for years, even though he's had some outstanding runs.

No water hand. I loved the water hand. Maybe it's under his glove?
The Verdict

I've read all 52 of the "New 52" and Aquaman is my favorite. Is it because I've always been an Aquaman fan and I've been waiting for a series to do the character justice? Yes. Aside from my incredibly biased opinion of the character, is this a good book? Hell yes. It's about time someone revamped this character, and there's no one else better at DC than Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis. The character's personality has been redesigned, and his powers explained, so this is a great jumping on point. I love the new villains and the art, but the whole Aquaman disproving why he sucks bit got a tad redundant. I highly recommend this book. I

5 Stelle su 5 (Aquaman #1)

Da CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Ikki di Phoenix

Vediamo CBR, comunque 5 su 5 per questa serie è un botto. E' anche vero che il tizio ammette di essere un grande fan del personaggio, ma la cosa potrebbe essere sia positiva sia negativa, perché:

- da fan, potrebbe voler decantare le lodi del personaggio ad ogni costo

o

- conoscendolo in ogni sua precedente incarnazione fumettistica, potrebbe essere ipercritico sul nuovo Arthur

Le mie aspettative comunque sono alte.

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

Green Hankey

pure in vari forum Aquaman sta spopolando  :ahsisi:

Qui una minirece da bleeding cool

This comic has a mission, and it's one it wears on it's green glove. To tell the world that Aquaman is no longer to be regarded as a joke character. Which it does, quite literally. By saying it over and over again.
We get a demonstration of strength, speed and more importantly willpower, as his actions belie the voices of those around him. And yet as serious as he is in the face of insult, he retains a sense of humour and perspective.And this reversal of how Aquaman is perceived is mirrored by the reversal from a threat from the deep which seems to be fishing for me. And all with touches of widescreen comics and a style that recalls Bryan Hitch's work on The Ultimates. a mixture of grandeur, kineticism, individual detail and a sens of space and place on the page. This could well be Reis' best work to date.

The conclusion? Aquaman rocks. And he eats fish and chips. What's not to love?