Apache Delivery Service di Kindt & Jenkins

Aperto da HCPunk, 14 Febbraio 2022, 12:55:12

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

HCPunk

Apache Delivery Service #1

Release: 29/12/21
Pages: 32
Price: $3.99

Two haunted men are on a hunt in the jungles of Vietnam, searching for clues to a missing treasure trove of gold that was stolen from all over Asia by a Japanese general during World War II. Eventually they find a series of hidden caves in the mountains near the coast. Bodies start showing up-murder victims and mutilated corpses. There is a rumor that the caves and gold are protected by terrifying witches that have been living in the cave system for thousands of years. As our warriors travel deeper into the mystery, they learn more disturbing facts about each other and become paranoid of one another as they get closer and closer to the gold, while, at the same time, a bizarre serial killer is hunting them down.

The Horrors of War!

----------

Apache Delivery Service #2

Release: 09/02/22

As Ernie and Sobrat journey deeper into the jungles of Vietnam searching for clues to a missing treasure trove of gold, they find themselves caught in-between a vicious firefight between both armies and also uncover a trail of mutilated corpses left by a mysterious killer hiding in the woods.

----------

Apache Delivery Service #3

Release: 09/03/22

Bodies begin to pile up after Ernie and Sobrat make their way deeper into the jungles of Vietnam until they uncover a series of hidden caves leading them closer and closer to the gold they seek and the dangerous witches that protect it.

---------

Apache Delivery Service #4

Release: 06/04/22

Ernie and Sobrat finds themselves pitted between US soldiers, supernatural witches, and more on their hunt for gold in this final issue to the jungle war horror story!
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

HCPunk

Nonostante la semplicità del tratto e i testi relativamente scarni, il messaggio è comunque passato, almeno nei miei confronti. Ovvero che in mezzo alla giungla del Vietnam (ambientazione molto suggestiva specialmente in tempi di guerra) c'è qualcosa che non va.. qualcosa di maligno e sofisticato. Quel "A sign of respect" detto in relazione allo smembramento dei corpi ha un qualcosa di inquietante che rende tutto più suggestivo.
Il navajo protagonista però ha già messo in mostra capacità notevoli adatte ad affrontare la giusta minaccia.
Spero che il tono della mini proseguirà in questo modo fino alla fine :sisi:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

HCPunk

#2/#4

Conclusa la storia. Mi è piaciuta molto! C'è quel minimo di sovrannaturale che alimenta la curiosità ma senza portare la storia verso i soliti titoli già visti.
Kindt riesce a portare l'orrore all'interno della guerra del Vietnam, che già è orribile di suo, facendola passare quasi in secondo piano con qualcosa di ancora più marcio e insensato. Questo mi ha colpito :sisi:
Il finale è abbastanza liberatorio se uno riesce ad immedesimarsi nel protagonista.
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS