Flashpoint Beyond (USA) di Geoff Johns, Jeremy Adams & Tim Sheridan

Aperto da Man of Steel, 14 Gennaio 2022, 20:10:01

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

LMFAO, pazzesco! :lolle:

Quando una chiacchierata fra amici riporta speranza nel DCU.... :dsi:

IL RITORNO DEL RE, bitcheeeees!!!! :pazzia: :pazzia: :pazzia: :dyo: :dyo:

Flashpoint Beyond Resurrects DC's Most Important Alternate Universe
https://www.ign.com/articles/flashpoint-beyond-preview-geoff-johns-batman?utm_source=twitter

CitazioneGeoff Johns revives his alternate DC Universe as Thomas Wayne confronts the most important case of his costumed career.
The DC multiverse is full of alternate universes and variations on iconic heroes like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, but perhaps no alternate reality has made more of an impact on DC Comics than Flashpoint. The original 2011 crossover introduced a war-ravaged world where Barry Allen's time-meddling has caused sweeping changes, eventually paving the way for the New 52 reboot. And even though the Flashpoint reality was seemingly wiped away when the New 52 was born, it's returning with a vengeance in 2022.

IGN can exclusively announce that original Flashpoint writer Geoff Johns is returning to this world in a new limited series dubbed Flashpoint Beyond. Along with co-writers Jeremy Adams (The Flash) and Tim Sheridan (Teen Titans), Johns will delve deeper into the world of Flashpoint and continue the story of its most tragic figure, the Thomas Wayne Batman.

First up, Johns is teaming with Flashpoint: Batman - Knight of Vengeance artist Eduardo Risso for Flashpoint Beyond #0, which focuses on this twisted Dark Knight and the circumstances surrounding his return to the Flashpoint reality. From there, each issue of the series will feature the three writers working with Injustice: Gods Among Us artist Xermanico, as Batman hunts for a mysterious villain known as the Clockwork Killer.

Check out an exclusive preview of the first two issues of Flashpoint Beyond in the slideshow gallery below, and then read on to learn more about how this new series builds on the legacy of Flashpoint.

The Origin of Flashpoint Beyond

With 2021 serving as the tenth anniversary of the original Flashpoint, and with the upcoming Flash movie apparently borrowing heavily from that storyline, it's not necessarily surprising to learn DC is revisiting this alternate universe. But as Johns tells IGN, the origin of Flashpoint Beyond is a lot simpler than readers might expect. He just wanted an excuse to work with Risso, an artist lauded for his work on books like 100 Bullets.

"In addition to having a story to tell with Thomas Wayne, it really started with Eduardo Risso," Johns says. "I've wanted to do something with Eduardo since I was introduced to his work back in 100 Bullets. Eduardo was one of the few artists left on my list that I'd never gotten to collaborate with, so when we were first talking about re-visiting Flashpoint, I said I would love to work with him – and he was interested and jumped on board. Along with the story, that sealed it for me."

Johns continues, "And it was also Jeremy and Tim, who I've loved collaborating with. Jeremy has such a passion for DC lore and exploring it in such an enthusiastic way (I love his Wally) and Tim is always coming from such a wonderful place of emotion. [Former DC editor] Mike Cotton originally got us all together and we brainstormed what going back to Flashpoint might look like. We knew if we were going to do it, we had to have an event story that was in the spirit of the original – emotional, epic, surprising and impactful – centered around the great DC Universe, pointing into the future and focused on character. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention Xermanico's unbelievable work on the series. It's dripping with power and emotion. It's just magical."

"Jeremy and I have been friends and colleagues for years - we came up together writing for TV and film - and I'll work with him any chance I can get," Sheridan says. "We had pitched a half-baked event idea (that we knew would never fly) to DC, but it somehow got us talking about Flashpoint; once we knew that Geoff was considering opening up that world again in Flashpoint Beyond, it all started coming together."

The Fate of the Thomas Wayne Batman

As much as the original Flashpoint is a Barry Allen-focused story, the Flashpoint Batman serves as arguably the true emotional core of that story. In this alternate reality, a young Bruce Wayne was killed in that alley rather than his parents, driving Thomas Wayne to declare war on crime and Martha Wayne to become the Joker. Thomas ultimately finds a happy ending of sorts, helping Barry restore a world where Bruce lives and even sending a note to his son.

However, as readers of the DC Rebirth Batman series will know, that wasn't the end of Thomas Wayne's story. Thomas managed to cross over into the regular DCU, at which point he became obsessed with the need to convince Bruce to give up the destructive Batman lifestyle. By the end of writer Tom King's Batman saga, Thomas had become the villain, helping Bane take over Gotham City as part of his misguided quest to make Bruce see the truth - you can't be happy and be Batman.

Even a resounding defeat and a broken spine (courtesy of Bane, naturally) didn't mark the end of Thomas' journey. The character has played a major role in DC's Infinite Frontier series, slowly beginning to find redemption alongside other heroes of the reborn DC multiverse. All of these trials feed directly into Thomas' role in Flashpoint Beyond. And the creators make it clear that, this time, Thomas truly is the main protagonist of the series.

"In the first Flashpoint, Thomas fixed the timeline. His son grew up, became the Batman we know and love, and what's more – Thomas saw the fruits of his sacrifice," Adams says. "So, imagine thinking that has been taken away. He is back in the nightmare of that world still existing without his son...It's the driving force behind his motivation for the series."

"Thomas has now seen so much of the world beyond that you have to wonder if, in those intervening years, he took in enough of the light to help him see clearly now that he's back in the darkness that once enveloped and consumed him," Sheridan adds. "I don't think that question has an easy answer, which is why it's in many ways at the heart of Flashpoint Beyond."

"This is a man who became The Batman because his child was murdered," says Johns. "Losing a child is obviously a very different emotional pain than losing a parent. A horrific one. But will what Thomas has seen beyond Flashpoint give him hope when he finds himself back in it? Will he fall into his old ways? How violent can Batman be? And what will he stop at to find The Clockwork Killer? The answer: nothing. Because if everything's going to change anyway... what does it matter what sins he commits?"

Who Is the Clockwork Killer?

Johns confirms Beyond is "a direct sequel" to the original Flashpoint, rather than a lost story set before the events of the original crossover. The question of how exactly this reality is even still standing after the Flash fixed the DC timeline will be one of the central mysteries of the story. But the aforementioned Clockwork Killer is really the driving force of this sequel.

"The Clockwork Killer is a single story," Johns says. "A mystery that will affect Thomas Wayne and all of reality. There will be new characters and concepts between the panels, things that will appear as throwaways at first... but it's all tightly woven together."

As much as this sequel is Batman's story, readers can still expect a wide cast of characters, some of whom appeared in the original Flashpoint and others who are only just now making their debut. Even Flash himself has a part to play, though the creators are keeping mum about what that is.

"A lot of the fun for me in writing these events has always been the opportunity to introduce and re-introduce DC characters that aren't always at the front of the line," says Johns, pointing to the introduction of the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle in Infinite Crisis and how the original Flashpoint foreshadowed developments like Cyborg's rise to prominence in the New 52 and the reinvention of the Shazam family. Flashpoint Beyond will be no exception.

"In Flashpoint Beyond, there's an unlikely character that will get some focus: the son of Harvey Dent, Dexter Dent, who was first seen in Brian and Eduardo's Batman story," Johns teases. "Also, although they aren't front-and-center, I've been diving into the Time Masters – Rip Hunter, Bonnie and Corky Baxter and Dr. Jeffrey Smith – looking at both their series that spun out of Showcase way back when and Bob Wayne's later work on Time Masters (Dan Jurgens' too). There are other characters, including versions of heroes and villains we never saw in the first Flashpoint, but we'll save those for the book."

"That's part of the joy of playing in the Flashpoint sandbox," Sheridan says. "Geoff's premise allows us to look at characters we think we know inside and out, but through a different lens. Or, in some cases, in a funhouse mirror. These are still the same people we know, but their circumstances have shaped them, bringing certain traits to the surface, maybe suppressing others, and often tricking us into thinking we're looking at totally different people. But it's still Kal-El, and (though it's Thomas) it's still Batman...I think the reminder is that we're all nurtured by the world we create — and that's not always for the better."

Flashpoint Beyond #0 will be released in print and digital forms on Tuesday, April 5, with issue #1 following two weeks later on April 19.

FLASHPOINT BEYOND #0
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by EDUARDO RISSO
Cover by DEXTER SOY
Variant cover by EDUARDO RISSO
1:25 variant cover by MAX DUNBAR
1:50 variant cover by TODD NAUCK
$5.99 US | 48 pages
ON SALE 4/5/22

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

FLASHPOINT BEYOND #1
Written by GEOFF JOHNS, JEREMY ADAMS, and TIM SHERIDAN
Art by XERMÁNICO
Cover by MITCH GERADS
Variant cover by XERMÁNICO
1:25 variant cover by GARY FRANK
1:50 variant cover by TODD NAUCK
$4.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6 | Variant $5.99 US
ON SALE 4/19/22

When all seems lost in the War of Light...Look to the stars, for Hope burns BRIGHT!!! :dsi:

Credendo Vides! :dok:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Man of Steel

"5G Averted"
"The Legion of F-"
"Future Remember-"
"Of the Legions"
"Justice Society to save it"

BHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :dowson:

Arriva *LUI* e, davvero, porta speranza. :cry:
Quando tutto sembrava perso, quando ormai era diventato impensabile riavere una JSA o Legion o una continuazione dei plotpoints lasciati da DClock... The King Returns to save the day.
È bastata una fottuta lavagna per cambiare tutto e ora NIENTE sembra perso, puff that's all it took, as simple as that, uau. :wub:

Ancora una volta viene usato l'Omniverse e specialmente Hypertime per...FIXING A LIFELONG MISTAKE! :dyo:

All WILL be well. :D
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Arkin Torsen

Sembrano uno po' alla frutta dalle parti di Burbank, però fa piacere vedere di nuovo certe cosette.
La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

katzenberg

In effetti sembrano brancolare nel buio  :ahsisi:

A maggior ragione però in un periodo così questa è una buona notizia per i fan DC...

Cosmonauta

Spero proprio sia arrivato per l'ennesima volta a salvare la baracca dalla nefandezza che stavano facendo altri ancora una volta :wub:

Chocozell

Non lo so, mi sa di riciclo.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Firma.png

Hugostrange70

Neanche a farlo apposta pochi giorni fa ho recuperato gli omnibus di Flashpoint, io sono felice del ritorno del solo e unico johns  :kneel:  :wub:

Bruce Wayne

Quel 5G barrato mi piace  :lolle: :lolle:

Non sono un grande fan di Johns... e non sono un grande fan del mondo Flashpoint, ma inevitabilmente è diventato un punto focale dell'Universo DC, quindi sono curioso di leggere questa storia e di coglierne gli sviluppi.

Quando iniziai con i comics ero un po' allergico a crossover, crisi ed eventi... Ma ammetto di non vedere l'ora di leggere una Crisi come si deve in casa DC.

Man of Steel

A Marzo imho l'annunciano, una scritta da Williamson, stanno aspettando solo che si concluda la sua Justice League Incarnate. :ahsisi:

Non ho ancora letto niente, ma ho già tanto hype. :zuzu:

Da Geoff non so cosa aspettarmi, barcolla ma non molla, nonostante le recenti news riguardo alla sua JSA con Hitch, lui -chiaramente- non pare intenzionato ad abbandonare il suo desiderio di poter scrivere quei pg E la LOSH.
E si parla dai tempi del pre-reboot eh, pazzesco. :nono:

Ora che non deve più vedersela con Didio, l'ostacolo più grande è stato rimosso, vediamo cosa farà, quanto darà... :lol:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Loki

Citazione di: Bruce Wayne il 14 Gennaio 2022, 22:01:11
Non sono un grande fan di Johns... e non sono un grande fan del mondo Flashpoint, ma inevitabilmente è diventato un punto focale dell'Universo DC, quindi sono curioso di leggere questa storia e di coglierne gli sviluppi.
:sisi:

E sopratutto, anche se per solo un numero, RISSO! :w00t:

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

HCPunk

Neanche a dirlo! Salto a bordo!  :dyo:
Johns  :wub: e Adams (che su Flash sta facendo molto bene per ora!) + Williamson in generale, tireranno su la baracca! :sisi:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Hugostrange70

Ma secondo voi visto che johns torna a bordo, è visto quel che c'è scritto su quella lavagna, ci sono speranze che il lavoro fatto da Johns su doomsday clock non vada perso del tutto?

HCPunk

Citazione di: Hugostrange70 il 16 Gennaio 2022, 10:17:13
Ma secondo voi visto che johns torna a bordo, è visto quel che c'è scritto su quella lavagna, ci sono speranze che il lavoro fatto da Johns su doomsday clock non vada perso del tutto?

Ma magari..!
Non sai che nervoso leggere storie belle e lasciate lì a caso in favore di roba mainstream..
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Azrael

Citazione di: Hugostrange70 il 16 Gennaio 2022, 10:17:13

Tutto e' possibile.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori