News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

The Don Rosa Library

Aperto da Zeno, 19 Marzo 2016, 01:32:16

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Solomon

Citazione di: Slask il 15 Marzo 2023, 18:48:57Io, per un'incredibile botta di c..., avevo ordinato proprio il 10 (l'ultimo che mi mancava per completare la Library deluxe) giusto una settimana prima che emergesse la notizia.

Arrivato. Sono a posto, si fotta la Disney  :lolle:

Ora però mi piange il cuore a sapere che probabilmente non riuscirei a completare quella di Barks in italiano...
...ho comprato il primo volume e l'ho confrontato con l'equivalente della Grande Dinastia: hanno fatto un lavorone ritraducendo e sistemando i colori  :cry:  :cry:
D'altronde ci stava lavorando Boschi, prima della sua scomparsa. Ora però chissà che fine farà la collana.
Diamo a Cesare quel che è di Cesare: l'ottimo lavori sui colori è tutta farina del sacco dell'editore americano, la sempre benemerita Fantagraphics.

Slask

Sì, vero intendevo che comunque Panini aveva fatto un ottimo lavoro riproponendo i colori come ripristinati da Fantagraphics, e aggiustando di conseguenza anche i testi, le vignette, i balloon...

Kiryu

Citazione di: Garalla il 09 Marzo 2023, 21:17:07Vallo a sapere. Al momento direi non uscirà sicuramente in tempi brevi e se non ci sono sviluppi possiamo scordarcelo, purtroppo.
Purtuttavia il cofanetto conterrebbe sia tutta la saga (integralmente raccolta nel volume 1) sia gli extra (nel secondo volume).
Mentre i volumi 3 e 4 dell'edizione delxue contengono solo i capitoli della $aga (e altre storie uscite in quel periodo non strettamente correlate).

Ah aspetta. Quindi il famoso cofanetto non raccoglie i numeri della Library. Pazienza. Allora il numero due della Deluxe lo recupererò con i precedenti brossurati

mattygt

Citazione di: Garalla il 16 Marzo 2023, 14:29:57La Saga in senso stretto è completa. Mancherebbe l'equivalente del secondo volume di Tesori International che contiene capitoli di approfondimento della Saga.
Perfetto, ti ringrazio!

Red Lantern 00075

Ultimo aggiornamento del Don
CitazioneI think I have a Duck-related post for you now. No mentions of puppies or cole crops or mowing or wildflowers or Chiles.
I have not commented on this banning of two of my stories other than to keep trying to correct the various misinterpretations of what I had accurately reported in February. The fact was always that the two stories WERE BANNED, not that a "possible ban was being discussed". The only attempts at discussions were on the part of the publishers who first told me of the situation and who thought they could reason with the licensing company. The obvious preference was to continue to use the two stories but with a disclaimer as is often done with other comics or movies or TV shows of a similar nature. The licensing corporation does this very thing with its own productions of the past.

But that corporation's American home office has no interest or respect for comics, so refused to discuss the matter.
Furthermore, the licensed publishers are forbidden to mention the situation to their readers or publicly mention it in any way. They are only allowed to state that a new reissue of a book has been "edited for content" but cannot be specific as to exactly what has been changed or omitted. There is NO discussion of the matter allowed. Or at least none given any credence.
So HERE is the situation as it was, is and as it will remain:
"The Dream of a Lifetime" has only THREE panels of its 25 pages in which Bombie appears. Rather than ban this entire story forever due actually to only TWO of those three panels, the publishers suggested that I allow them to have Bombie redrawn. I would not allow art-tampering if my name is on the book. (I can tamper with my own art in reprints if I made some error, but I won't allow changes forced on me.)
So, I suggested that in those two panels that were causing the banning of the entire 25-page story, that Bombie appear as he did in the FIRST panel of the sequence... as a featureless black shape. Like the Phantom Blot. Who or what Bombie is has *nothing* whatsoever to do with the plot of the story, only that he represents something or someone whom Donald remembers and is causing him to panic. Readers know who Bombie is, so how he is perceived in the dream sequence is not important to the story.

The 11th chapter of the Lo$ is rather a different problem. Bombie is the central character of that most important chapter of the series; he represents the just punishment for the one greedy & malicious act that $crooge commits in his lifetime, a crime which haunts him for decades and finally causes him to reevaluate where his life is headed and causes him to change its course. Chapter 11, in literary Shakespearean terms, is the CLIMAX of the Lo$ epic. Chapters 1 – 10 are the "rising action". Chapter 11 is the "climax" to everything. Chapter 12 is the "falling action" leading to the final scene, completing the narrative. As such, any future publications or reprints of the collected Lo$ series as a book unto itself are now impossible.

As regards reprints of the DON ROSA LIBRARY, currently in-print in numerous countries, volume 5 will either no longer be reprinted OR there will be 25-30 missing pages due to the banning of "The Empire-Builder from Calisota" and my discussion of the creation of that story. In its place there will be a "bonus feature" of... something. Perhaps storyboard-script pages from (obviously) one of the *other* Lo$ chapters. The tricky part will be HOW the publisher can explain what's going on since NO explanation is allowed. They can only state something like "this is a reprint of an earlier edition. Some editing has occurred". That's all.
My original preference was that volume 5 simply no longer be reprinted, or be reprinted with expurgated content, but without my name and texts on or in the book. That would result in there being a DON ROSA LIBRARY vol. 1-4, 6-10 and an UNCLE $CROOGE AND DONALD DUCK - volume 5. But I was convinced that would make DuckFans (as well as the licensed publishers) less happy than the other idea of replacing the banned story with some "bonus" feature.
Not allowing that entire volume of the DRL to ever be reprinted would be as extreme and unreasonable as the original problem. But of course the readers of the DRL are adults and not stupid ones. They will know what's going on.
So... I guess that's the best option.
And there you have it. As well as my last word on the matter.

Questa è un atto di cancel culture in piena regola.
Non contento di ciò, "l'ufficio interno americano di quella società" (da notare come Don eviti di menzionare il nome Disney) vieta addirittura agli editori di menzionare tutto quello che sta accadendo.

Red Lantern 00075

CitazioneI'll make this as brief as possible...
I have learned that the two stories mentioned before, "The Empire-Builder from Calisota" (chapter 11 of the Lo$) and "The Dream of a Lifetime", are permanently and totally banned, never to see publication again under any circumstances or in any form.
(EDIT: I am surprised the above statement could be in any way unclear, but based on early comments below some people are not grasping it fully: *This is a worldwide ban*.)
Yes, the latter story is banned due to 3 panels which ultimately have no bearing on the story and could be eliminated or even slightly changed to be acceptable, which was an obvious hope. But any such discussion is disallowed.
And there you have it.

Chocozell

Grazie Disney. Grazie di non capire un ca**o in nessun ambito. Hai affossato la Lucas Film, stai affossando la Pixar e per fortuna l'MCU si sta affossando da solo.
Firma.png

Solomon

Forse mi ripeto, ma mi chiedo davvero che cosa succederà alla produzione di Gottfredson,
a questo punto, assai più problematica e, per molti versi, molto più importante di quella di Rosa...

Slask

Citazione di: Solomon il 23 Giugno 2023, 13:39:56Forse mi ripeto, ma mi chiedo davvero che cosa succederà alla produzione di Gottfredson,
a questo punto, assai più problematica e, per molti versi, molto più importante di quella di Rosa...

Ora a noi toccherà una corsa forsennata al recupero - per certi versi impossibile - di tutte queste produzioni, perché tanto è chiaro che ormai TUTTO è a rischio.

Mewster

Buongiorno a tutti, volevo sapere se nella Don Rosa De Luxe 7 anche a voi sono capitati degli errori di stampa nella storia "Uncle Scrooge in A Little Something Special" nell'ultima vignetta della quarta tavola, dove si trova una ripetizione del baloon di Archimede sul brevetto dell'ultima vignetta della terza tavola.
Poi nel Tesoro dei dieci avatar, sedicesima tavola terza vignetta, si vede un "WACK" mezzo opaco sotto la traduzione italiana.
Grazie!