News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Green Arrow (USA) di Jeff Lemire

Aperto da Azrael, 09 Gennaio 2013, 22:59:36

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Green Hankey

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Green Hankey

Azrael

Buddy Baker

Mi aspettavo un taglio della storia totalmente diverso e molto più classico visto che si accennava ad un'isola e invece Lemire riesce a stupirci anche stavolta.

Walcome back Ollie, ci mancavi davvero tanto!

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Azrael

It ain't easy being Green Arrow. Turns out, ain't easy reading him, either.

Since The New 52, few titles have felt as disappointing to me as Green Arrow, which has been plagued by inconsistent art, half-baked concepts and a lead who feels flatter than an archery target. To their credit, DC has stacked the deck for Oliver Queen, riding the wave of the new CW show and having two of their up-and-comers — Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino — tackle this troubled title. But just because Ollie's going back to basics doesn't mean it's very good, as Lemire and Sorrentino deliver a launch that doesn't explode on impact but instead weakly implodes.

Stop me if you're heard this one before: Oliver Queen is losing his fortune! Check. And he's being framed for murder! Check. And he's at his weakest, before inevitably coming back as a grizzled, streamlined badass! Yep, triple check. Jeff Lemire's story is as straightforward as it gets (even with its heaps of expository dialogue), and there's nothing new to Ollie as a character to give this old plot a new coat of green paint. To his credit, Lemire gets rid of all the dead weight that Ollie's corporate setting heaped upon him, and while that doesn't add much in terms of tension — cheap deaths and cheaper dying riddles never do — it does bring Ollie closer to his more physical, brusque self from the TV show. There has to be something to be said for corporate synergy, right?

That disappointed me, but wasn't terribly surprising — Lemire has to dig himself out from other writers' mistakes before he can really move forward. But the big disappointment here? Artist Andrea Sorrentino, who desperately needs the sort of nuanced colors that Hi-Fi gave him on the cover. Here's where judging a book by its cover can actually be illuminating — the Sorrentino cover has depth, but the self-colored interiors are nothing but flat. Sorrentino has a hard-edged, angular style that reminds me a lot of Jock, and he has a few standard poses for Green Arrow himself that look good... but it's not even close to worth the pages of scenes where we can barely distinguish Ollie's face from a flat peach-and-orange blob. This flatness even affects the fight choreography, as Ollie getting punched out over several panels is extremely difficult for the eye to follow.

I give DC a lot of credit — it's not like they didn't put the best talent available to bolster this book back into B-list status — but I think they were so focused with Ollie's new status quo that they didn't really focus on working with Lemire and Sorrentino to get the execution right. And that's a bad sign for a superhero who literally has a TV show dedicated towards spreading Green Arrow awareness. But anyone looking for a fresh, dynamic new take on Oliver Queen isn't going to be just sad, they're going to be green with disappointment.

2/10

Newsarama

Deadpool

Green Lantern

Newsarama non ci ha capito una ceppa, ufficiale  :ahsisi:

Welcome back Ollie :dowson:

Lyer

In effetti, cè troppa discrepanza nella valutazione.. :ph34r:

Thanos

Green Hankey

Cosa mi tocca leggere  :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:

Addirittura i disegni: ognuno è libero di pensarla come vuole,ma c'è un limite anche a quello.....

Ikki di Phoenix

Fantastico. Come si faccia a dare 2 a questo numero non lo so... Io mi sento solo di dire una parola dopo 16 numeri di vuoto interiore ed esteriore: FINALMENTE!
Io voglio questo. Voglio questo.
Non importa - per ora - il pizzetto, le battute, l'arroganza, il sociale, arriverà. Ma questo, santi numi.
Questo E' Green Arrow. Ed era ora che se lo ricordassero! :rulezza:
Grande Lemire, superlativo Sorrentino. Ottimo il colorista, chiunque egli sia.

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

Green Hankey

Tra l'altro scherzando Lemire, diceva che per ogni volta che gli chiedono del pizzetto, lui aggiunge un numero alle serie prima di farla crescere  :lolle:

Il colorista è lo stesso Sorrentino  :wub:

Walter Kovacs

Ragazzi ve lo dico io, questa sarà la Corte dei Gufi di Green Arrow. :ahsisi:

Bruce Wayne

Letto. Davvero favoloso. Lo aggiungo alle serie da seguire regolarmente mensilmente.  :sisi: