News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Batman: Death By Design (USA) di C.Kidd & D.Taylor

Aperto da Azrael, 04 Gennaio 2012, 18:18:24

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

Primed to be one of the most talked about original graphic novels of the year, BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN crafts a deft mystery around the architecture and design of Gotham City itself.

Set against the period backdrop of an expansive Gotham City construction boom, the unique take on the Batman mythology is brought to life by acclaimed writer/designer Chip Kidd and fan favorite artist Dave Taylor. Together, they weave a singular tale that captures the flavor of the city as it's never been seen, while also creating an new look at Batman that re-imagines both the caped crusader and his iconic nemesis – the Joker.

"When I was invited to write a Batman graphic novel by Dan DiDio, for some reason I thought the Joker would be off limits (I'm not worthy!)," said Kidd. "When my editor Mark Chiarello told me that was not the case, I jumped at the chance to include him. This page marks his grand entrance into the book. I wanted him to look like a 1920s silent movie villain, as his visual roots lie in Conrad Veidt in 'The Man Who Laughs.' Dave totally nailed him in a unique yet undeniably classic way, and I LOVE what he's wearing: the jodhpurs, the dinner jacket, and those boots!! To die for, so to speak. That is all due to Mr. Taylor's expertise, which shines throughout the book. If you think this is cool (and it is), just wait...this only the thin end of the wedge!"

"This book is the culmination of all my years dreaming of working on a special Batman project, this is the summit," said Taylor. "Chip's writing, his total knowledge of the character and his environment, has made this a very special story. It's full of what I call Batman reality. The tone and feel of this book are as close as anything I've read to a real sense of being. Gotham exists. The Batman is real. All these people are as real as you and I. And the story then is real also. The amount of research I did on it's own shows that I was into something way bigger than I'd first thought. I now know more about 1939 than I do about the year of my birth! The book contains some of the truth behind how a city is built, literally. The corruption, and misplacement of power rings true to the point of making this book a timely record. But what this book does above all is show how easy it can be to bring that corruption and power down, all you need is one hero!"

BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN will be released on May 2, but we have a first look at Taylor's interior art for the book – as well as the design process that led to the final product.

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Da Source
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Rain

Il titolo è osceno  :sick:
i disegni...mmm....particolari... da questa prima tavola...
ok , non mi ispira per nulla :dno:

La pioggia è vita; la pioggia è la discesa del cielo sulla terra; senza la pioggia, non ci potrebbe essere vita. (John Updike)

Sostieni DC Leaguers
http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/new-leaguers/aiuto-per-rinnovo-201920/

Azrael

La Cover è Spettacolare  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Ma non scherza nemmeno l'ultima tavola  ^_^

Selina Kyle

Caspita che tavole..  :o
In realtà riprende ciò che viene portato avanti da un po' nelle regular, cioè una sorta di "male primordiale" legato a Gotham, che si manifesta anche nell'architettura.. come se la città appunto avesse un'anima. L'editor, Mark Chiarello, è lo stesso di Batman Black&White, non è un caso che sia al timone di questi progetti "alternativi".

Una mela al giorno...

eddiekrueger

eddiekrueger

Azrael

Citazione di: eddiekrueger il 08 Gennaio 2012, 22:16:34
no la caduta nooooooooo

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Matches Malone

The Dark Knight

"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win." Batman - Bruce Wayne

Azrael

Batman: Death By Design

Azrael

THE BAT SIGNAL: CHIP KIDD DISCUSSES "BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN"

Spoiler WARNING: The following interview discusses specific events and plot points form "Batman: Death by Design"

Da CBR

Lyer

Azrael

BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN Sketchbook – Day One

Exploring the sinister truth behind the destruction of Gotham's most iconic historical landmarks, BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN is realized by the collaboration of four-time Eisner award winning writer/designer Chip Kidd and critically acclaimed artist Dave Taylor. No traditional superhero slugfest, this original graphic novel examines the pop culture icon as a product of his environment – a thriving metropolis as fantastic and idiosyncratic as Batman himself.

To celebrate the book's release, we'll be giving you a sneak peek at Dave Taylor's sketchbook everyday this week on THE SOURCE. Featuring commentary by Taylor, these sketchbook pages can also be found in the back of the book.

BATMAN: DEATH BY DESIGN goes on sale in comic book stores on Wednesday.

overminder78

overminder78.blogspot.it