Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Carnage U.S.A. (USA) di Z.Wells

Aperto da Azrael, 08 Novembre 2011, 16:42:24

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Occhi nella Notte

Il titolo mi ricorda moltissimo DIE HARD  :asd:

Solo quando l'ultimo campo sara' sporcato,
l'ultimo fiume inquinato, l'ultimo animale avvelenato e l'ultimo albero abbattuto
che gli uomini capiranno che non possono mangiare i soldi.

I Miei Articoli  http://www.dcleaguers.it/author/occhi-nella-notte<br />
Collezione Tavole Originali  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=46736<br />
COMPRO http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/mercatino/%28vendo%29-parte-della-mia-collezione/msg1438045/#msg1438045

Azrael

Carnage is infecting the whole town of Doverton, Colorado with his symbiote. Who can take him down?
The covert-op symbiote team makes their way into the town to stop Carnage, but it looks like they'll need more help.

The Good
The name Clayton Crain sounds like either a super-villain or a man infected with a symbiote. That is reason enough for him to draw this comic. The art on this issue is fantastic. It's deep, beautiful, and fantastic. One of my favorite frames from this issue is seeing Captain America infected with the symbiote. It's a perfect amalgamation of both characters. And I can't talk about cool character design without talking about how awesome Venom looks on the last page. Crain really brings this character to life in a single splash page, and I'm so happy to finally see this character in this mini-series.

There's a truly cool moment in this issue involving the symbiotes. I've never been a huge symbiote fan, and my knowledge of the being(s) is limited, but I loved how it was addressed that symbiotes hate each other even if they're working on the same team as each other as Rico, against his will, shoots a civilian who is trying to flee the church.

What I like most about this issue is that I have no clue how they're going to beat Carnage. It feels like the battle is lost. I know it's not, and somehow, someway, this team will kick his butt, but for now, the unease has set in, and I like it. Zeb Wells deserves a huge high five for writing this story and setting this mood.

The Bad
It was a quick read, and it felt a tad brief. It feels like they tried to pack way too much into this story. I'm hoping the next issue slows down exposition-wise.

The Verdict
I'm loving this mini-series. This issue may feel a tad bogged down with filler and exposition, but over-all it's dynamite. Clayton Crain's art is amazing.... actually, it's super-amazing, and I love that Zeb Wells is giving little pieces of info out about the symbiotes to make them more than a virus, but an actual species or being. Overall, I highly recommend this series.

4 su 5

Da CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Preview: CARNAGE U.S.A. #4 - Venom! (Unlettered)

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Captain America

Deadpool

Azrael

Preview: Carnage U.S.A. #4

Batmonio

Azrael

Preview: Carnage U.S.A. #5

Deadpool

La conclusione è arrivata troppo in fretta  :cry:

Azrael

cybertroniano

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
sarà nel prossimo 100 x 100 marvel dedicato al simbionte alieno  :wub:
il solo e unico modo per non godersi il presente è pensare al prossimo futuro

Paperinik

le covers sono piuttosto simpatiche  :ahsisi:

Azrael

The mini-series comes to a close as Venom takes on Carnage and Flash Thompson take on Cletus Kasady!
The Good
As I've mentioned in previous reviews of this mini-series, I really picked this book up for Clayton Crain's art, but stayed for Zeb Wells' writing. I loved how Crain drew the symbiotes when they weren't attached to their hosts. They were very spider-like and very cool. The thing I like most about Crain's art in this issue is that there really isn't anyone else doing art like this. It's eye-catching, and it's so unique.

Venom Gorilla and Carnage Giraffe? Ok, that's pretty awesome.

It's a pretty good wrap-up to the story. All the loose ends have been tied up (except for one), and everything is seeming like it's getting back to normal. The real highlight of the issue is Flash and Cletus battling it out, both of them without legs. It goes back and forth for a while, it's pretty violent, but in the end, it may not be the fight you wanted, but it was just as good as I expected it to be.

So, the Venom sybiote actually likes Flash Thompson? I don't know if this will play out in other books, but I liked this little tid-bit that while Venom is bonded with Flash, there's a sense of loyalty between the two characters and they actually like each other. I felt that was a really cool element in the issue, even though it's just a couple lines of dialogue.

The Bad
There's lots of white, negative space throughout the book. It feels so vacant.

There's so much damage and destruction, and by the end, I felt a little bummed out because while the good guys won the overall battle, people's lives are ruined, and I feel there's still more of a story to be told, at least 2-issues worth.

The Verdict
While it may be sad this series is over, at least it went out on top.

I enjoyed Crain's art in this issue, and I loved how he drew the symbiotes sans-host. It's a solid finish to a good story, and the Flash vs Cletus battle was pretty brutal and intense. Lastly, I really enjoyed the little moment where we learn that Venom and Flash actually like each other.

On the down side of things, there was a ton of negative space in this issue which was very distracting and a bit of a bummer. I also felt like this mini-series needed another issue to wrap-up a couple loose ends involving the townspeople and the town they destroyed.

4 su 5

Da CVine