News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Demon Knights + Deathstroke + Suicide Squad (USA)

Aperto da Azrael, 13 Settembre 2011, 12:57:41

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

King Mob

Ma quanto tempo ci separa dalla prossima estate?

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero

Titles featuring villains rarely live up to their potential. The villain often gets watered down but thankfully, that is not the case here. Deathstroke is here to do his job and his job involves killing.

"Deathstroke the Terminator--the scariest badass on the planet." From the very first line in the comic, the stage is set. We've seen Deathstroke take the lead in a series recently in Titans. Will this series focus on the character that is supposed to be a badass?
The Good

Deathstroke means business. We are told through description who he is and what he is capable of. Seeing his one red glowing eye while he brandishes a gigantic sword and gun makes it clear who he is. Over the years we've seen glimpses at what Deathstroke is capable of. We've seen the potential he has. Yet he got defeated by kids time and time again. Sure those kids were sidekicks of DC's greatest heroes but as a master strategist, he should be able to deal with them more efficiently.

The good news is if you are looking for a violent Deathstroke that will kill when the job calls for it without breaking a sweat, you get that here. You almost start feeling bad for him. We don't see what's behind the mask, in terms of what his needs might be. He is a cold-hearted mercenary. He is just looking for the next job and expecting to get paid a lot.
The Bad

Deathstroke has to team up with a group of up and coming mercenaries. Even Slade questions the need to have them on the job. We can see that it provides for some conversation in the issue. That will be an interesting factor in the future, will Deathstroke operate alone or will he get along with others?

In most ways the book works as a new jumping on point. We do get details on what he's capable in terms of abilities. We see how deadly he can be. What we don't see is his motivation. New readers won't know why he is the way he is. The main mission Deathstroke goes on almost feels a little too routine until a twist appears. We'll have to see how this ties into the future of the series.

There aren't any familiar foes for Deathstroke to fight. It makes sense that this first issue should focus on him alone. It would be nice to see some familiar faces in upcoming issues.

I'm a little torn on the art. I do like it for the most part. A couple moments felt a little off. I also have to question the necessity of such a gigantic sword. It is impressive but I'm not sure if Slade needs such a big blade.
The Verdict

No worries about Deathstroke going soft. Kyle Higgins delivers a mean, cold-hearted, brutal killing machine. This isn't the Deathstroke that got defeated over and over by a bunch of kids. He goes on a mission and will do whatever it takes to complete. There is some introduction to his character for new readers. It's described how badass of a character he is but his full origin or motives remain unknown to the newer reader. It's clear that he's a killer for hire. Whether or not we'll see any semblance of a human side to Slade remains to be seen. If you're looking for plenty of hardcore action and violence, this title featuring a villain will satisfy and sick and twisted need (almost) you might have.

4 Stelle su 5 (Deathstroke #1)

Da CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Fantomex

- ... questa mattina, ho contribuito a uccidere un Galactus su Terra 2012, prima di colazione. - Reed Richards
- E poi potremo passare il resto delle nostre lunghe, lunghe vite su quello strano mondo che amiamo.
Facendo in modo che non cambi. - Elijah Snow
- Boys Screamed and Girls Screamed, so I made him Scream and scream, and scream... - Al Simmons
Ma nella realtà questa è e resterà la tua America.
- Un popolo ignorante, ossessionato dalla competizione, dai beni materiali e dal voyeurismo.
Mostri violenti gonfi di antibiotici, a compensazione di una dieta a base di bibite zuccherate e ammassi di carne bovina cancerogena. Ecco per cosa combatti! - Teschio Rosso

Ero Elijah Snow o Edward Nigma fai te

Azrael

Preview: Demon Knights #1

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Lois Lane

Azrael

Green Hankey

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Lois Lane

si i disegni si!

spero che l'ambientazione magica sia accattivante  :sisi:

Bruce Wayne

Lois Lane

aaaaaaah ma è Paul Cornell! mi piace  :sisi: bene bene  :sisi:

Azrael

Citazione di: Clark Kent il 14 Settembre 2011, 16:21:28
aaaaaaah ma è Paul Cornell! mi piace  :sisi: bene bene  :sisi:

ahahah non te ne eri accorto  :asd:

La Cover dire che è strepitosa è poco  :wub:

Silver Surfer

Non è proprio il mio genere, però i disegni sono accattivanti. Ci penserò su...
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.

Fantomex

Io credo sia la serie che attendo di più, dopo Batman e AC :ahsisi: e forse anche dopo la JLDark :asd:

- ... questa mattina, ho contribuito a uccidere un Galactus su Terra 2012, prima di colazione. - Reed Richards
- E poi potremo passare il resto delle nostre lunghe, lunghe vite su quello strano mondo che amiamo.
Facendo in modo che non cambi. - Elijah Snow
- Boys Screamed and Girls Screamed, so I made him Scream and scream, and scream... - Al Simmons
Ma nella realtà questa è e resterà la tua America.
- Un popolo ignorante, ossessionato dalla competizione, dai beni materiali e dal voyeurismo.
Mostri violenti gonfi di antibiotici, a compensazione di una dieta a base di bibite zuccherate e ammassi di carne bovina cancerogena. Ecco per cosa combatti! - Teschio Rosso

Ero Elijah Snow o Edward Nigma fai te

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring

No, it's not that Tales from the Crypt movie staring Billy Zane. It's part of the new 52 staring Jason Blood and the Demon Etrigan!

Undoubtedly, Etrigan/Jason Blood is one of DC Comics' more bizarre creations, and now he has his own on going book written by Paul Cornell, penciled by Diogenes, inked by Oclair Albert, and colored by Marcelo Maiolo.
The Good

The new 52 is all about having new readers jump on with ease. Prior to the new 52, I knew little to nothing about Jason Blood/Etrigan other than the "Hulkish" relationship they have. (Meaning it's to personalities in one body, not that Etrigan comes out when Jason gets mad) As a new reader of this character and this world, I felt it was very easy pick up, for a new reader. I adjusted very well to the locale and the characters. Paul Cornell did a great job at reintroducing all these characters to me without making it feel like I was being hammered in the head with back-story.

This is something I've never done before, but I have to give credit to Oclair Albert on this issue, the letterer. There's a distinct division between the world of magic and the mortal world, and it can all be seen in the font style in the letter. Also, when it comes to the lettering, I really liked how the word balloons were drawn up. For a couple scenes, certain magical characters have rougher word balloon outlines. I really liked that effect, and it says a bit more about the characters and how they are in this world.

Art of the week! I've read most of, but flipped through all of this week's New 52, and I have to say that the art team did an amazing job on this book (Barely beating out J.H. Williams III on Batwoman). The art is insanely detailed and clear, and the characters really pop off the pages. It's the type of art that makes me feel all giddy.
The Bad

I wanted to see a good fight scene really bad, and this whole issue builds up to a fight, but as the fight begins, the issue ends. It was a bummer, but it didn't affect the score.
The Verdict

Super-awesome! I was extremely skeptical about this issue and series. I thought I would hate it. Luckily, I went in with an open mind, and it ended up being my favorite book of the new 52 this week. It's a great jumping on point for new readers. You're introduced to the characters and get a quick back-story. The letter actually adds a lot to the book, aside from the usual dialogue, and the art is dynamite. The only bummer was that I wanted a bit of action, and we really didn't get any. This is a book you'll want to add to your pull list, and this is coming from someone who has never really liked or understood Etrigan/Jason Blood before. I highly recommend this book.

5 Stelle su 5 (Demon Knights#1)

Da CVine

Matches Malone

Va beh, io sono uno dei massimi sostenitori del reboot, ma Comicvine non può dare 5 stelle su 5 a qualunque cosa :lolle: :lolle: :lolle: