INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

Letto #2
Un altro bellissimo numero.
Tanto dramma, voluto al 100%, tant'è che ormai Sue è una Karen, infatti mi sta antipatica.
È una madre, quindi lo capisco, capisco la posizione dei F4, but still...
Dipingere i mutanti come dei villain è ormai diventato lo step 1 da fare durante un vs. quindi...heh.
Frega poco tho, io comunque sono un X-fag fino all'osso, quindi #TeamX4ForLife!
Gli OG F4 non valgono un cazz contro gli X-Men, figuriamoci andare contro tutti i fottuti muntanti di Krakoa, looool.
Ma! non è difficile prevedere un twistone legato, per l'appunto, a Franklin.
L'unica carta che questa First Family della Marvel può usare.
Alcune chart usate da Zdarsky mi hanno...messo qualche dubbio.
Cioè ci sono molti Omega Mutants, poi Hickman ha limitato ancor di più il numero, ma vabbe.
Ma imho, se proprio vogliamo jobbare 'sto Franklin (e Rao sa bene che alla Marvel piace farlo) bastano pg come Legion ed X-Man per smerdarlo completamente.
Vogliamo includere Proteus? Jamie Braddock?
Diamine, una Hope nei paraggi di Franklin? Fuoco contro fuoco?
Or shit, solo Rogue? :lol:

Nessuno vuole uccidere un bambino, nessuno vuole iniziare una guerra, però i mutanti sarebbero certamente pronti.
E ora nemmeno la morte di un pg è un problema.
Meglio non cercare rogne. :zuzu:

Non sono MAI stati così OP, se non conoscessi Hickman direi che non è un caso e che intende seriamente rendere tutti dei villains, e quando dei villains sono così forti...anche un X-fag come me potrebbe mettersi contro i suoi pg preferiti?
We'll see, i guess...
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Azrael

X-Men/Fantastic Four #3
Written by Chip Zdarsky
Art by Terry Dodson, Rachel Dodson, Ransom Getty, Laura Martin, Andrew Crossley and Peter Pantazis
Lettering by Joe Caramagna
Published by Marvel Comics
Review by Justin Partridge
'Rama Rating: 5 out of 10

All roads lead to Doom Island in X-Men/Fantastic Four #3. Though servicably written by Chip Zdarsky and given a keen classic comic books look and feel by a stocked art team lead by the Dodsons, X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 finds the series continuing to mark time until Franklin's ultimate decision between the world of his super-family and the new nation of Krakoa.

Breaking off their pursuit of the FF, the X-Men themselves discover Doom Island, and the previously unknown contingent of Latverian mutants. From their position, the X-Men assume that the mutants are there against their will, but even within the Quiet Council there is dissent. Cyclops wants to help the Latverians, but Charles and Erik are still too concerned with the fate of Franklin's Omega-level powers, stoking the battle of the paternal figures between Doom and Reed Richards. It is an interesting ideological and moral divide, but the issue is too busy laying it all out instead of trying to deal with it. Even with the charm of Zdarsky's characterization and the old-school spinner-rack look of the issue, this third issue doesn't do much to live up to the promise of the debut.

If you thought the narrative table of X-Men/Fantastic Four was set in the previous installments, #3 quickly disabuses you of that notion. Picking up mid-chase after the Fantastic Four's infiltration of Krakoa, Zdarsky admirably drops us into the middle of the action. It gives the opening a real charge, one he fans further with his truly great takes on Scott Summers and Emma Frost.

But once both factions are gathered together on Doom Island - and then joined by even more characters like Franklin, Val, and Kate Pryde - X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 really starts to drag, mainly because it's too busy telling and not showing. Zdarsky introduces a lot of very fun political elements into the issue, but never once follows through on them - for example, Magneto explicitly warns that the Richards family has essentially declared war on Krakoa by crossing their border in malice. It is a powerful character moment, signaling another tense standoff between the Four and the House of X... but just as soon as it's mentioned, it is abandoned, as the issue quickly cuts away.

Yet another example is a scene between Charles Xavier and Doctor Doom. Zdarsky positions the two heads of state in opposition, bluntly stating that Doom has rejected Xavier's offer, even as he recognizes Krakoa as a state - one of the first major mentions of Doom and Latveria's position on the mutant nation. But again, before the two can fully jockey with the implications of that, the issue just drops the thread and moves on. There is also the matter of the powers-centered "technobabble" the issue has to burn through. Though fans of Zdarsky's Marvel 2-in-One will be happy to see the thread of "Godpower" continued, this narrative track-laying just exacerbates how thin and plot heavy the series has felt over all.

It is all really frustrating, made even more so by the occasional sparks of life Zdarsky delivers with the characters. Franklin, once again, seems to be the only person acting rationally, but Zdarsky delivers a few fun moments with the whole cast at least once. His Doom especially gets a few fun standout moments in this issue, in particular in how he keeps zinging Reed as a father and scientist.

That said, X-Men/Fantastic Four also continues to look great thanks to a game art team led by Terry and Rachel Dodson. This issue is a touch more interior-heavy than the previous issues, which makes the scope of the whole experience seem cramped. But when it comes to character, the art team really shines. The opening set piece is the best possible example. Aided by the extra inking efforts of Ransom Getty and coloring support from Laura Martin, Andrew Crossley, and Peter Pantazis, the creative team starts off the issue with a great chase, peppered with fun interiors of the new Blackbird and this version of the Fantasti-Car piloted by expressive character models. Scott and Emma in particular receive more fun and flirty visual energy as Scott moves upward toward the cockpit of the Blackbird.

Much like the script however, the art starts to drag once the cast assembles on Doom Island. Though everyone still looks great, with the Dodsons leaning fully into the strong posing and dramatic costumes of each, they aren't given too terribly much to do until the final cliffhanger. There is a quick jolt of action between Wolverine and a few Doombots, but much of X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 is devoted to exposition, and that has never been the Dodsons' strong suit.

I have been really wanting to fully enjoy X-Men/Fantastic Four, but #3 makes it really difficult to fully get behind. Frustratingly vague and meandering, X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 might not be the blockbuster crossover that "Dawn of X" fans or Marvel wanted.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

Letto #3
Ok, questo writer mi piace molto. :lol:

Poi io mi faccio schifo da solo, me ne rendo conto.
Ho ADORATO vedere i mutanti smerdare gli Avengers in AvX.
Ho ADORATO vedere i mutanti smerdare gli Inumani in IvX.
E ora ho ADORATO vedere i mutanti smerdare completamente i F4. :lolle:

Doom fa un figurone, pochi cazzi.

Quel discorsino che fa a Chuck? Heh, assolutamente BASED.
Ecco perchè -anche da X-fan fino all'osso- è rischioso schierarsi con loro... in questi tempi...non sai mai che turning point possa presentarsi un domani! :rolleyes:
E gente come Doom, avrebbe ragione...cazzo, HA RAGIONE!

Tuttavia...questo voltafaccia da parte dei mutanti, da parte di uno come Xavier, il Martin Luther King dei comics...potrebbe sembrare random e forse lo è, ma questo non vuol dire che non possa essere giustificato.

La rabbia di Erik, di Malcolm X, era...comprensibile, no?

La loro reazione può anche sembrare esagerata, ma fuck it, KILL NO HUMANS, quindi...
Quindi non c'è niente di male ad aggiungere anche un "Fuck you, humans!" :lolle:
Non dopo 50 anni di storie, e dopo le vertodicimila volte che hanno salvato la Terra o semplicemente NYC.

Qui Victor ha ragione, quindi amen, io da X-fag sto solo cercando di salvare la faccia ai mutanti, se avessi molta più familiarità con i F4 e le loro storie, sono certo che potrei puntare il dito contro Doom con altri esempi, poi ok, "2 wrongs don't make a right" but still....

Bellissimo il modo in cui Zdarsky (cavolo che cognome difficile da ricordare :ehm:) ha usato i poteri di questi pg.
Ha cercato di far risaltare tutti, ma non c'è sfiga, X GON' GIVE IT TO YA...EITHER WAY! :dyo:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #4
FINALMENTE LA CONCLUSIONE!
Covid di merda.

Probabilmente nulla di eclatante questo numero, alla fine si è concluso con un bel team-up fra X-Men e F4 contro Doom, come era anche altamente prevedibile, perchè...c'mon, è così che funzia nei comics. :asd:

Ma la mini a me è piaciuta un botto! :D
'Sto Zdarsky mi ha lasciato un'OTTIMA impressione, talmente tanto che ormai lo vorrei fisso nella Dawn of X family di Hickman, anzi...siccome dopo la gestione HiX-Man sarebbe preferibile non cadere nel fottuto abisso (di nuovo!) con merdacce come Rosenberg e balle varie, sarebbe cosa buona e furba tenere il buon momentum creatosi con Johnno e piazzare un altro big o comunque un writer con le palle.
You know, un po' come hanno fatto col post-Morry dandoci Astonishing X-Men di Whedon.
Quindi mettere Chip o volendo anche Al Ewing (anche se non lo conosco molto, ma vado a naso) sarebbe la cosa giusta da fare.

Saranno stati solo 4 numeri, ma mi aveva già conquistato con i primi 2. :lol:

TREMENDAMENTE FUCKING BASED anche quello che ha fatto in questo numero, specialmente il finale, con Xavier che

Sua sorella Vanessa invece mi sta sul cazz, quella nabba non dovrebbe nemmeno avere qualche potere, è solo intelligente stile Lex Luthor, solo che...vabbe, lasciamo stare.
Pg che ho seguito pochissimo, però anche durante la gestione di Hickman non provavo grande simpatia per lei, specialmente visto il rapporto che ha col suo "uncle Doom", damn. :look:

E parlando di Doom...A War is coming, magari non contro Doom, ma contro tutta l'umanità.

World War X! :dsi: :lagertha:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Giusto per riprendere tutte le nostre discussioni nerdose delle prime pagine...
Citazione di: Man of Steel il 26 Ottobre 2019, 13:39:06
Siccome gli X-Men scritti da Hickman sembrano un po' out-of-character, voglio scoprire se sono anche ipocriti.
Franklin ha diritto di stare su Krakoa?
Poi qua si apre un altro discorso, perchè tecnicamente nulla vieta che due mutanti possano dar vita ad un essere umano privo di poteri, ovvero un Homo Sapiens!
BOOM.

Nell'ultimo numero di FF (quindi occhio spoilers) Slott ha appena

Visto che c'era una storia da raccontare al riguardo!!!

Mettete tutti nella firma: #ManofSteelWasRight!!! :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Clod

Mah, mi chiedo il senso di tutto ciò. Con Wanda e Pietro c'era la riprovevole scusa dei diritti sui mutanti in mano alla Fox, ma per Franklin?

Inviato dal mio SM-A705FN utilizzando Tapatalk

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Spezzone da una intervista fatta a Hickman sulla questione Franklin e boh, fatelo santo subito. :nono:

CitazioneQ: Something a lot of X-Fans asked about didn't even happen in an X-Book–it happened over in Fantastic Four. X-Fan Michael asked if the recent decision around Franklin Richards' mutant status change your long-term plans for the character?

Jonathan:
Well, part of the problem with talking about this stuff publicly–and this is one of the (minor) reasons that I just don't do it much anymore–is because it really doesn't serve anyone to show how the sausage is made.

When I was writing Avengers, I was working from a tight outline. I pretty much knew where I was headed the entire run. Not everyone works that way, and it would be unreasonable for there to be an expectation that everyone work that way, but I do. None of that changes the fact that one day I woke up and had to deal with Old Man Steve Rogers, Superior Spider-Man, Unworthy Thor, and Iron Man a billion miles away from Earth in Guardians.

These are just the naturally-occurring complications of writing 'Big Books' at Marvel.

Now, obviously, we would not have laid down the track we did in House of X and Powers of X and X-Men/Fantastic Four if we weren't planning on playing with that stuff–and who knows, we still might–but the truth is that Dan's story evolved.

Which is kind of the larger point. Dan's the writer of the Fantastic Four. He gets to write the book. And I support him the same way I'd support Leah on hers or Zeb on his, and on and on. Velocity and volume make the job hard enough, and none of us have the time or energy to spare on pointless territorial disputes.

And at the end of the day, you're talking about characters that have been around for over 50 years. It'll be fine.

Slott invece...non so nemmeno se mandarlo a cagare o meno...
Perchè da una parte, avere Franklin come un mutante è qualcosa che non mi ha mai fatto impazzire, infatti mentalmente l'ho sempre ignorato.

Dall'altra, Hickmanone & Co. avevano CHIARAMENTE dei piani per il pg, porca merda!
Ok dare libertà creativa al writer di FF, ma che cazz, perchè poi lui è andato a pestare i piedi a Johnno???

Come fa notare Hickman, è sempre lui quello che deve piegarsi, ma io chiedo: Perchè??? :dowson:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

katzenberg

Non leggo perché non sono in pari con FF.
In quale numero avvengono i fatti riguardanti Franklin?
Io sono al #20...

Man of Steel

Non seguo FF di Slott, ma dovrebbe essere l'ultimissimo numero. :zuzu:

La cosa mi fa un po' sorridere, perché Mark Waid aveva recentemente scritto tutta "La storia del Marvel Universe" dove viene detto chiaro e tondo che Franklin sia un mutante, quasi un Dio ecc e poi.... :asd:

Ma d'altronde, giusto qualche giorno fa, abbiamo avuto modo di affrontare il discorso retcons nel topic di Doomsday Clock, quindi...nuff said! :D
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

katzenberg

Allora ci arriverò più avanti, poi ti farò sapere...sei numeri di Slott in un giorno solo sono troppo per chiunque!  :lolle:

Man of Steel

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Clod

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 08 Dicembre 2020, 08:31:39
Non seguo FF di Slott, ma dovrebbe essere l'ultimissimo numero. :zuzu:

La cosa mi fa un po' sorridere, perché Mark Waid aveva recentemente scritto tutta "La storia del Marvel Universe" dove viene detto chiaro e tondo che Franklin sia un mutante, quasi un Dio ecc e poi.... :asd:

Ma d'altronde, giusto qualche giorno fa, abbiamo avuto modo di affrontare il discorso retcons nel topic di Doomsday Clock, quindi...nuff said! :D
ma già lo stesso Remender nella sua gestione pre-AXIS degli UA aveva puntato parecchio sullo status di Wanda e Pietro come mutanti e anche lì è finita come è finita

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Eh sì, cause di forza maggiore and all that.   :lol:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.