News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Ernie Colón

Aperto da Azrael, 10 Agosto 2019, 03:39:01

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

Ernie Colón Dies at Age 88

Comic book artist Ernie Colón has died at age 88 after a battle with cancer. The announcement came via Colón's Facebook page.

Here's the statement:

"I'm posting today with a heavy heart. The extraordinary Ernie Colón passed away yesterday afternoon in his home at the age of 88, surrounded by family, after over a year battling — and I mean battling — cancer. He did things on his own terms. The legacy he leaves behind is astonishing; a 60+ years career in comics, not to mention the work he did in other mediums including painting, writing, sculpting... I don't think there was anything he couldn't do. He loved to create — he was always creating. When people asked if he was 'still drawing,' he said, 'No idea what else I would be doing, since I would draw even when not paid for it. (half the story of my life).'"

Colón began working in comic books as an uncredited penciler on Harvey Comics titles such as Richie Rich and Casper the Friendly Ghost before segueing into superhero comics with Gold Key's Solar, Man of the Atom. He eventually transitioned into horror comics such as Warren's Vampirella, Eerie, and Creepy.

In the 80s, Colón moved on to DC Comics, where he co-created the characters Arak, Son of Thunder and Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld. In addition to his work as an artist, he also served as a DC editor, overseeing Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. From there he moved to Marvel, where he briefly worked in the 70s, co-creating Damage Control alongside Dwayne McDuffie.

https://www.newsarama.com/46451-ernie-colon-dies-at-age-88.html
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori