Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

One prominent comic book creator on Twitter recently argued that Marvel's heroes are no longer allowed to fail. Champions #11 makes that statement a lie. Because the heroes not only fail in this Secret Empire tie-in, they are broken by that failure. Mark Waid uses a lot of temporary Champions for this story, but their inability to find survivors in the wake of Hydra Cap's worst atrocity brings out some great moments. Hopefully the eventual resolution of the Secret Empire story won't involve it simply being wiped away, since the memory of these events should be harrowing for the young heroes. As for the art, I've never been a fan of Humberto Ramos' style and there's nothing in this issue that swayed me otherwise. He's good at character expressions and letting the heroes emote, but his figures just bother me. If I enjoyed the art more, the issue would have a much higher rating. -Blair

7.9/10

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #14
MARK WAID (W)
HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
WORLDS COLLIDE Part 4
THE ELECTRIFYING TEAM-UP BETWEEN THE AVENGERS AND THE CHAMPIONS CONTINUES!
The High Evolutionary is on a suicide course — and he plans to take billions of people from two worlds with him! How can even the Champions and the Avengers together save an entire planet from destruction?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
"I am Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men,
Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms,
Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons"

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #15
MARK WAID
(W)
HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
PHOENIX VARIANT by ELIZABETH TORQUE
The conclusion of WORLDS COLLIDE!
WORLDS COLLIDE Part 6
The Champions/Avengers team faces its first real casualty in their ongoing struggle to prevent two planets from colliding – and that fatality changes the game!
"I am Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men,
Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms,

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #16
MARK WAID
(W)
HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
CHAMPION FOR A DAY Part 1
Following their staggering loss in their adventure with the Avengers, the Champions decide to double down on their mission to make the world a better place – but they know now they can't do it alone! That's right – it's time for a membership drive!

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #17
MARK WAID
(W)
HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
CHAMPION FOR A DAY Part 2
Red Locust is back, and she's brought some friends! Meanwhile, the Champions' global influence is spreading — but is that a good thing?

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #18
MARK WAID
(W)
HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
CHAMPION FOR A DAY Part 3
The new order changeth! After a series of tragic setbacks and shakeups, the Champions are faced with a grim decision – is it finally time to disband and give up the fight?

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #19
JIM ZUB
(W)
SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
Cover by Stefano Caselli
A WIDER WORLD Part 1
IRONHEART and THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP join the Champions at last! The team has grown but the mission stays the same – the Champions fight to make the world a better place for all!
Writer Jim Zub (AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER) and artist Sean Izaakse (UNCANNY AVENGERS) reunite to push the Champions beyond their limits with any icy Antarctic adventure that will challenge everything they believe in!
Don't miss this first chapter of a new era of Champions – and the birth of a brand new hero!

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #20
JIM ZUB (W)
SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
COVER BY STEFANO CASELLI
• What good is conquering a world if it's already destroyed by the time you take over? The Master is determined to save Earth from itself and the Champions are going to help him do it...
• Plus, a new hero from an unexpected source — Who is Snowguard?

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #21
JIM ZUB
(W)
SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
• The Champions vs. Alpha Flight? Ms. Marvel vs. Captain Marvel?
• 'Nuff said!
• Saving the north just got a whole lot more complicated...
• Plus...Nova no more?!

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #22
JIM ZUB (W)
KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)
Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
Guest-starring the macabre Man-Thing!
The Champions' mission in space (in INFINITY COUNTDOWN!) has left its mark, and the team tries to move on. A chance to bring life back to a desolate village might be just what they need – or push them even farther apart...

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #23
JIM ZUB (W)
KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)
Cover by R.B. SILVA
• While Ironheart and Amadeus Cho take major steps forward in their super hero journeys, Nova takes a step back.
• As the team faces a complicated and dangerous threat, Sam Alexander wonders: is there a future for him with the Champions?

CHAMPIONS #24
JIM ZUB (W)
SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
COVER BY R.B. SILVA
THE CHAMPIONS GRAPPLE WITH A FOE THAT ALL THE SUPER-POWERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT VANQUISH!

Azrael

CHAMPIONS #25
JIM ZUB (W)
SEAN IZAAKSE & MAX DUNBAR (A)
COVER BY SEAN IZAAKSE
Marvel Battle Lines Variant Cover by KEUNWOO LEE
OVERSIZED 25TH ISSUE!
Celebrate 25 issues of Champions with the start of a brand-new story and a perfect jumping-on point! Swords and sorcery beckon as our heroes travel to Weirdworld, a place where dreams can come true, but nightmares are never far away! A quest begins and sacrifices will be made...
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

Azrael

Champions #23 (Published by Marvel Comics; Review by David Pepose; 'Rama Rating: 7 out of 10):

Having the Champions — a team that is in tremendous flux, given the absence of Miles Morales, the depowering of Nova, and the additions of Amka and Ironheart — in a battle royale with Man-Thing might not be the most exciting premise on paper, but you have to give Jim Zub credit for writing the heck out of it. Teaming up with artists Kevin Libranda and Francesco Manna, Zub makes Champions #23 an emotional, if somewhat chaotic read. Zub's main focus is on Viv Vision, who grapples with her own buried fears after her short but particularly harrowing publishing history — the characterization is strong, but the cliffhanger for the issue is a little wonky, even if the abrupt handoff to Nova ends things on a good note. Libranda and Manna provide some solid, if somewhat unpolished, artwork to the mix — given the sheer size of the cast, it would be easy for the layouts to be muddled, but they do a great job with the kineticism of Man-Thing as he lunges for the team.

No Use For A Name

CHAMPIONS #27
JIM ZUB (W)
MAX DUNBAR (A)
Cover by SEAN IZAAKSE
FANTASTIC FOUR VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC
THE CHAMPIONS IN WEIRDWORLD!
• The Master of the Weirdworld?
• The Champions' mystic quest comes to an end – but at what cost?

CHAMPIONS ANNUAL #1
JIM ZUB (W)
MARCUS TO (A)
Cover by SEAN IZAAKSE
Variant Cover by Babs Tarr
The spirits of the North stir and Snowguard must answer their call! Amka Aliyak's past and present collide as she strives to understand the power she's been given and where she belongs. Take a deep dive into Marvel's newest young hero in this special supersized Champions issue!
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99