Menu principale

Titans (USA) di Abnett

Aperto da Azrael, 26 Marzo 2016, 19:37:22

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Questa testata è un must, ma il team creativo non è di mio gusto DAMMIT! <_<
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

TordoBeffeggiatore

finalmente! me la stanno facendo sudare l'unica serie in cui si parla di wally, l'unico personaggi dc che mi interessa veramente.

Azrael

Azrael

Azrael

Titans #1

Review by Justin Partridge
'Rama Rating: 6 out of 10

After an emotional Rebirth issue, Titans stumbles in its #1 proper. Though armed with slick and vibrant visuals from the art team of Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, and Andrew Dalhouse, writer Dan Abnett's script reads too dry and exposition-heavy to truly take off. Largely recapping the events of the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 one-shot and Titans: Rebirth #1, this first issue finds Wally attempting to reconnect with his long-lost teammates and struggling with the knowledge of his and Linda Park's lost relationship. While this debut marks the return of a classic antagonist and is bolstered by some fantastic visuals, Titans #1 fails to build on the momentum of the solid Rebirth one-shot.

Reunited with his former teammates, Wally West and his Titan companions take it upon themselves to get to the bottom of the person behind the rewrite of their lives. Unfortunately, not much by way of forward momentum actually happens in Titans #1. Dan Abnett, who displays a firm handle on each lead and their dynamic as a team, finds himself hampered by dedicating much of the page count to recapping events that readers have more than likely already taken in.

Much of the opening pages of Titans #1 are concerned with Wally's bouncing through limbo and his return; events that we've already seen two full issues of comic books before. Once Abnett finally gets the team all together and pointed toward the central mystery, which provides the issue's best moments in the form of Roy and Donna Troy mixing it up with drug dealers at the Gotham Bowery, Titans #1 really starts to sing. That said, the seven pages of recap that it takes to get there are a real slog. This debut shows real promise from Abnett, especially in the emotional arcs of the team and the chilling return of a classic DC villain that is too good to spoil here, but I just wish it didn't take burrowing through an info dump of things we already knew in order to get to that promise.

While the script stumbles out of the gate, the art team of Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund and Andrew Dalhouse hit in a confident sprint. Even in the scenes of the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 recap, Booth, Rapmund and Dalhouse nail the emotions and energy of the recalled moments, particularly in the now-famous hug between Barry and Wally and in the subsequent scene of Wally racing forward toward the reader and materializing his new costume. The art team is also given a meaty action sequence to cut their teeth on, with Arsenal and Donna Troy getting to show off their respective feats of agility and resilience while they take down drug dealers.

Booth renders much of this scene in dynamic single page splash pages that highlight the designs of Roy and Donna, their powerful figures, and their skill sets, while the actual action beats are rendered in thin, slanted panels cutting through the larger pages. Booth continues this visual layout in the latter scenes of the team together discussing their fractured memories, which adds a nice layer of artistic intent to Abnett's script. Along with the depth provided by Norm Rapmund's inks and Andrew Dalhouse's darkened but eye-catching colors, the Titans' art team makes the most of what they are provided with to great success.

The embers of a good run are glowing in Titans #1, they only need the fuel to grow into a roaring fire. Dan Abnett, though shot in the foot by his opening recap of events that are widely known at this point, displays a clear understanding of the team's voice along with displaying the intention to provide them all emotional arc and the promise of a worthy first-time foe. Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund and Andrew Dalhouse also render Abnett's script with the kind of energy that is needed for a teen centered book like this, teasing large scale action when things truly kick off. Titans #1 may not be the best opening issue, but it portends great things to come, albeit a bit stuffily.

Azrael

Man of Steel

Letto #1
Niente male, anche se ho già capito che Abnett vuole allungare il brodo...hey posso capirlo, ma ormai tutti sappiamo che dietro a quei 10 anni rubati ci sta lo zampino dei Watchmen e non
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Wally è certamente la parte più interessante di questa testata, io gli darei una ongoing tutta sua...
Anche Booth risulta digeribile solo quando disegna uno speedster, altrimenti :nono:
Ovviamente proseguo.
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

TordoBeffeggiatore

ma possibile che non abbia trovato questo numero su boomdotto!?
c'erano tutte le uscire di ieri tranne titans, quella che mi interessa di più :(

Professor Zoom

Letto, a me è piaciuto.
Le parti migliori sono quelle con i Titans che si comportano come una famiglia. :sisi:

E un'altra domanda che già mi ero posto durante Rebirth

Kenshiro

Questa testata è pazzesca, ma i disegni non li riesco proprio a tollerare, mi sembra quasi di intravedere Ramos, non ce la posso fare... :(
Capisco che i toni saranno comunque un pò scanzonati, ma c'erano tanti altri disegnatori...
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Professor Zoom

Citazione di: Sigma il 28 Luglio 2016, 15:46:08
Questa testata è pazzesca, ma i disegni non li riesco proprio a tollerare, mi sembra quasi di intravedere Ramos, non ce la posso fare... :(
Capisco che i toni saranno comunque un pò scanzonati, ma c'erano tati altri disegnatori...

Al delfino sono morto dal ridere. :asd:

A me i disegni no danno così fastidio, a differenza di Ramos che non sopporto proprio.

TordoBeffeggiatore

Citazione di: Professor Zoom il 28 Luglio 2016, 14:32:23

me lo sono chiesto anche io... :lol:
ho la memoria arrugginita... ricordo che già era stato messo da parte dopo rebirth johns ma dopo flashpoint è sparito del tutto? non ha proprio senso...

Edit: mi riferivo al personaggio non al costume!

Professor Zoom

Citazione di: TordoBeffeggiatore il 28 Luglio 2016, 17:29:57

ho la memoria arrugginita... ricordo che già era stato messo da parte dopo rebirth johns ma dopo flashpoint è sparito del tutto? non ha proprio senso...

Kenshiro

Citazione di: Professor Zoom il 28 Luglio 2016, 17:45:55
Citazione di: TordoBeffeggiatore il 28 Luglio 2016, 17:29:57

La butto lì.
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss