News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

A+X (USA) di AA.VV

Aperto da Azrael, 25 Ottobre 2012, 17:29:05

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

PREVIEW: A+X #1

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Spinning directly out of AVX! • Like AVX: VS., this book brings you two stories every month by the industry's top creators! • This issue features a Wolverine/Hulk story by Jeph Loeb (WOLVERINE) and Hulk-legend Dale Keown and a Captain America/Cable story by Dan Slott (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Ron Garney (WOLVERINE)!
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Green Hankey

la storia di Hulk/Wolverine si prospetta divertente  :lolle:

Mi fa piacere che Loeb stia ritornando a scrivere in pianta stabile fumetti.... non me ne frega una mazza se alla maggior parte fa cagare, mi va benissimo questo Loeb più caciarone :sisi:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Deadpool

Qualcuno mi spieghi cos'è esattamente questo fumetto, arriverà pure in italia ?

Clod

penso si concentri sulle conseguenze dell'evento, à la Brightest Day o Battle Scars

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Red Lantern 00075

Per quello che ho capito dovrebbe raccogliere avventure in team-up tra un vendicatore ed un x-man. Ogni albo conterrà due storie. In pratica è il contrario di AvX:Vs, li se le suonavano ora le suonano assieme al povero malcapitato di turno  :lolle:
Penso che la Panini lo pubblicherà, ovviamente dopo la conclusione di AvX.
Trovo inquietante che Dan Slott scriva una storia di Cap.

Deadpool

Citazione di: Clod il 27 Ottobre 2012, 16:28:58
penso si concentri sulle conseguenze dell'evento, à la Brightest Day o Battle Scars
Ok fuffa quindi grazie Clod  :hug:

Clod

a parte forse le parti di Loeb, direi di sì

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Azrael

What should have been a winning combination just doesn't add up to a strong enough debut, as the first issue of A+X hits the stands. There's plenty of potential to this book, and some A-list talent on board, but $3.99 is a hefty price to pay for a book that still feels like anthology fodder.

The opening story, featuring a World War II-era team-up between Captain America and Cable, seems to be a victim of time itself — namely, there isn't quite enough space to get plot, theme and character dynamics all in the span of 11 pages. Dan Slott has a few nice moments in the script, particularly explaining the team tactics of Cap and his sidekick Bucky, but the characterization of both his leads — namely Cap and Cable — feels flat, barely transcending exposition.

The artist of that story, Ron Garney, also comes in fits and starts. The beginning of the story, with the talkier bits of exposition, come off a bit slow, with Cap in particular coming off a bit bulky, but once the action picks up, things definitely start ramping up. Garney's use of composition and perspective is great — a Sentinel looming overhead looks massive, even with a letterbox panel, and watching Cap dive shield-first into a laser blast shows both how agile and just plain tough the Sentinel of Liberty truly is.

The second story, featuring Wolverine and the Hulk, has similar pitfalls. Jeph Loeb's story is mainly an action sequence, but to his credit his simple opener — onetime rivals Wolverine and Hulk arguing over the last slice of cake — is chuckle-worthy. And while the surprise of seeing the duo's future selves is a nice hook, the problem is that the rest of the comic is just fight choreography — and not particularly striking choreography, either.

Much of that is also artist Dale Keown's doing. His character designs are great, particularly his larger-than-life Hulk, but once the characters are put in motion, he seems to lose his thunder. For example, Days of Future Past Wolverine slices at his younger counterpart's face, but there's barely any connection to show how hard the blow might have felt. Combined with some weird pacing from Loeb — seriously, a three-page denouement for a fight that lasts three pages itself? — and it doesn't feel quite worth the price of admission.

Maybe the big failing of A+X is that it doesn't quite live up to its core concept: Yes, we have an Avenger and an X-Man teaming up, but we never really see it last long enough to see the interpersonal sparks fly between these characters. The art looks fine, but we're not really seeing anything new with these team-ups. Here's hoping that as this series progresses, we'll see some bigger fireworks among Marvel's mightiest heroes.

6/10

Newsarama

Natasha Romanoff

Citazione di: Red Lantern 00075 il 27 Ottobre 2012, 16:34:28
Per quello che ho capito dovrebbe raccogliere avventure in team-up tra un vendicatore ed un x-man. Ogni albo conterrà due storie. In pratica è il contrario di AvX:Vs, li se le suonavano ora le suonano assieme al povero malcapitato di turno  :lolle:
Penso che la Panini lo pubblicherà, ovviamente dopo la conclusione di AvX.

Ma che bello!  ^_^
Ex Jey19

"Don't question my loyalty, you don't know how much it cost."

Azrael

I love the idea of "A+X" -- standalone comics operating outside any continuity just trying their best to be great short story team-ups in a fun and entertaining manner. That said, telling short stories in comics is very difficult to do, especially when there's only half an issue to work with.

Dan Slott and Ron Garney take 11 pages to tell an almost sweet time travel story about Captain America and Bucky trying to thwart a young Trask from building a Nazi Sentinel. Cable pilots in (as he is wont to do) and the three team up for a quick takedown. Slott doesn't try to tell an overabundance of story in his pages and thus succeeds in telling a satisfying 11-page tale. He gets in a couple good jokes and the idea itself is fun enough. Garney keeps things very clean, which makes the storytelling nice and clear, and the poses and colors (by Will Quintana) are appropriately superheroic. There's not much meat or meaning, but that's hardly the fault of the creators.

Jeph Loeb and Dale Keown have even fewer pages (10) than Slott and Garney and it shows. Though there is absolutely some fun stuff between Hulk and Wolverine as they argue over cake, in the end, their future selves (or alternate timeline future selves? Who knows?) show up and it becomes confusing. The story doesn't have time to go anywhere, and is mostly baffling once the future selves arrive -- though Keown does manage some good action in his tiny panel time. Had it just been a hilarious story about cake, they might have actually had something. Instead, the story drags out into a larger cliffhanger that makes it difficult to care, as we have no idea if it will ever go anywhere.

Ironically, both stories each use a giant splash double page spread, which seems ill-advised given how few pages they have to work with. In the end, Slott and Garney's splash works because it showcases a big reveal (and because they have an extra page to spare) and Loeb and Keown's does not because it's just a giant "jumping into action" panel that we've all seen a million times before.

At the end of the day, I think price point is the biggest issue. This comic costs $3.99, which is just way too much money for what you're getting. Comparably, the same day, I bought "Batman: Li'l Gotham," which (even ignoring any quality comparisons) at 20 pages is nearly twice the size of either of these stories on their own and cost only 99 cents. Even though there wasn't anything horribly wrong with "A+X" #1 and the idea of the series in and of itself is fun, my comics budget is precious. I wouldn't buy this comic again unless it featured my absolute favorite creators or favorite characters (thus I will pick up "A+X" #3, which features Rogue and Black Widow by Chris Bachalo). However, I think that kind of reader defeats the very purpose of the book. The book should be super fun stories that allow readers to search out new characters they might not have otherwise known they'll love, but at $3.99 a pop, it seems unlikely to happen.

3/5

CBR

Azrael

Green Hankey

divertente la storia di Hulk&Wolvie, come sempre quando dai a Loeb Hulk da scrivere  :wub:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Azrael

A Plus X #3 Billy Tan variant

Natasha Romanoff

Ex Jey19

"Don't question my loyalty, you don't know how much it cost."

Azrael