News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Justice League (USA) di Geoff Johns

Aperto da Azrael, 15 Ottobre 2012, 15:15:02

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Lois Lane

Lyer

Ma Supes e Diana sono appoggiati sulla vignetta??? Posa per nulla naturale -_-..le altre tavole sono invece da 10 :w00t:

Ikki di Phoenix

L'ultima vignetta della pagina iniziale
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
è fantastica....

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

Lois Lane

Quella con
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
Sì molto  :sisi:

Azrael

A year into The New 52, Geoff Johns is redefining the DC Universe — too bad nobody else is listening to him. Not that they're in a position to, of course, with DC's Big Seven spinning off in some pretty wild directions while Johns slowly assembled them as the Justice League. That's the problem with being a master, as we see in this issue — Johns' unified DC Universe oftentimes reads a lot better than the real thing.

Part of that is because while the rest of DC's writers have gone pretty far afield of their preboot predecessors, Johns actually takes a conservative take on The New 52. Instead of new villains, new origins and new day jobs, Johns focuses on the personal — and the interpersonal. While Wonder Woman's revised origins with Zeus and murderous Amazons might have caused waves within the blogosphere, I think having a prior relationship with the Cheetah — indeed, feeling responsible for her curse and transformation — is far simpler, more logical and more resonant.

It's that human touch that makes the slow pacing not seem so bad, because unlike the more transitory feel of some of DC's other series — say, Superman, which has struggled to find its direction alongside the chronology-challenged Action Comics — you get that there's a big picture being painted here, albeit with small strokes of characterization. It's easy to call a romance between Superman and Wonder Woman just a cash-grab, but when you see a scene of the Flash convincing Cyborg that he's more human than machine — "Do you ever fantasize about making out with a toaster?" — you can't help but have some hope.

In terms of the art, Tony Daniel reads pretty well, even without the ultra-A-list pedigree Jim Lee brings to the table. Paired with colorist Tomeu Morey, there's a nice depth to the artwork here, a darkened, angular vibe that reminds me a lot of Sunny Gho. Daniel's exaggerated figures occasionally remind me of Ed Benes, but I do like the expressiveness he gives characters like the Flash, who worries about the League's stability, or Superman, who just worries about his standing with Wonder Woman. The action sequences are occasionally a little kooky with the composition, but Daniel's skewed angles do play up the speed and savagery of combat, particularly between Wonder Woman and the Cheetah.

That said, while this series is slowly but surely improving, this comic isn't a slam dunk just yet. The pacing still is a problem, with the internal politics surrounding Steve Trevor dragging in particular. The final sequence of the book also feels a little like writer fiat, with the Cheetah getting the jump on not just Diana, but a cadre of DC's most powerful beings. But the big problem with this book is that no matter how many neat insights Geoff Johns brings to these characters, those changes will be ignored in the character's own book. Despite its diverse cast plucked from across the DCU, Justice League feels hermetically sealed, and that hampers the tone of the New 52 as a whole. Still, it's upwards and onwards for DC's premiere superteam — it's too bad the rest of the DCU won't follow suit.

8/10

Newsarama
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

This one is about consequences. There's plenty to be seen here and it's not just about a certain kiss that happened in issue #12.
The Good
This issue picks up immediately after the events of issue #12. Superman and Wonder Woman have kissed and DC is making it out to be a big deal. Fortunately there is more to it than just a simple kiss. With a focus on Wonder Woman, we see her battle with Cheetah. It was interesting as this is her first appearance in the New 52 but I had to think about it as we've seen Cheetah in AME-COMI GIRLS and I recently re-read the JUSTICE miniseries.

Cheetah's origin and her connection to Wonder Woman (and Steve Trevor) is described. The few pages describing past events really made me long for the Wonder Woman stories I grew up with. Don't get me wrong, I am digging the current New 52 WONDER WOMAN series but throughout the past year, I've felt something has been missing. The idea of Wonder Woman's connection to Barbara Minerva is completely fascinating. This isn't to say that those completely enthralled with her series won't appreciate her depiction here. Wonder Woman fights a fierce battle which leads to a display of the rest of the team wanting to act like an actual team. This is a surprising sign of growth among the members. If this team hasn't been trusting of others, there should be a connection.

What Geoff Johns is giving us is how formal the team has been. It's only now that they are starting to come out of their shells with each other. Just because five years have past since the first arc, that doesn't mean the team has been hanging out together that entire time. Wonder Woman mentions that Cheetah is her problem. She or the League doesn't insist on rushing to Superman's side if Lex Luthor poses a problem.

There is also a look at Cyborg. I've mentioned before that it's a little odd that all the members except for Cyborg have their own series. We get to see their development as characters but we don't really know much about Cyborg and what he's been doing since his accident. There was also a scene with Batman and Aquaman that makes me crave more team ups with these two.

The back up this month focuses on Steve Trevor. He's dealing with the changes after Wonder Woman and the League have pushed him away. We know Steve is going to be involved with the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA series. Let's just say you'll want to see what this is about.

The art is handled by Tony Daniel. The first page did throw me off a tiny bit. You can see Daniel's style in Superman and Wonder Woman's face especially. Despite the big battle between Wonder Woman and Cheetah that opens with a Jim Lee-style two page spread, Daniel owns the scene. The use of colors and shadows really enhance the emotion on the characters' faces. There's a lot going on between Wonder Woman and Superman as well as Wonder Woman and the team. Andy Diggle and Tony Daniel on ACTION COMICS is going to be great.

The Bad
As much as I love Wonder Woman's depiction here, it does feel different from what we're seeing in WONDER WOMAN. Should we focus on continuity? I enjoy WONDER WOMEN and really dug this issue. Should the focus be on enjoying issues individually instead of being hung up on the connection between different series.

The sense of knowing who Cheetah is but not fully knowing who she is in the New 52 caused a little confusion. If she and Wonder Woman had a history for some time, it would seem the League would know more about her than they did. Especially Batman and Cyborg. We unfortunately still have that sense of confusion because we don't have all the answers. We don't know what fully has transpired between the members of the League. It's been five years and we know they trust each other to certain extents but there still is an almost sense of suspicion or doubt between them. We are seeing that change and it seems a little odd that it's finally happening now after all this time.

The Verdict
There is some dealing with the kiss between Superman and Wonder Woman here. That's not all we get. Seeing Wonder Woman and Cheetah face off against each other gives a welcomed feeling of what we used to have before the New 52 started. It's interesting to see that even though the team has been together for five years, they still don't know everything about each other or fully trust one another. That is beginning to change as Johns gives the members a little more humanity. We see them trying to break down the walls between them and try to be more than just a team. The idea is they should be there for each other, not because they need to be but because they want to be. It's this kind of character depth that makes this more than just a comic book filled with popular DC characters. Tony Daniel's art manages to show the emotion and changes the characters are going through. The back up focusing on Steve Trevor gives us hints of what's to come in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA next year.

4/5

CVine

Azrael

Justice League #14 - Jay Fabok's Variant Cover

Green Hankey

tutto ottimo tranne la faccia di Kal  :ahsisi:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Lois Lane

Ma il lazo sparisce nel mantello di Supes? :lolle:

Che brutta mamma mia non si può guardare quella faccia  :ph34r:

Green Lantern

lo tiene legato al lazo come un cagnolino :lolle:

ma sbaglio o le poppe di diana crescono sempre più ad ogni disegnatore che la ritrae?  :ahsisi:

Matches Malone

Ma io dico...Fabok da quando è arrivato in DC è sempre stato fantastico, su Batman è il nuovo Finch...Wonder Woman è bellissima...e Supes ha la faccia da culo. Sembra che fanno apposta :capocc:

Azrael

Citazione di: Clark Kent il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:24:14
Ma il lazo sparisce nel mantello di Supes? :lolle:

Che brutta mamma mia non si può guardare quella faccia  :ph34r:

Ahahahahah che ciuffetto  :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:

Citazione di: John Constantine il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:28:14

ma sbaglio o le poppe di diana crescono sempre più ad ogni disegnatore che la ritrae?  :ahsisi:

Può variare un pò da disegnatore a disegnatore, però in fondo sempre formosa è stata  :wub:

Lois Lane

ma sbaglio o le poppe di diana crescono sempre più ad ogni disegnatore che la ritrae?  :ahsisi:
Sta diventando Power girl  :ahsisi:

Azrael

Citazione di: Clark Kent il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:30:11

ma sbaglio o le poppe di diana crescono sempre più ad ogni disegnatore che la ritrae?  :ahsisi:
Sta diventando Power girl  :ahsisi:

Daiii  :lolle: PW è molto più prosperosa  :lolle:

Lois Lane

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:29:32
Ma io dico...Fabok da quando è arrivato in DC è sempre stato fantastico, su Batman è il nuovo Finch...Wonder Woman è bellissima...e Supes ha la faccia da culo. Sembra che fanno apposta :capocc:
ooooh l'ha detto lui eh! non l'ho detto io!  :lolle:

concordo in pieno (ovviamente), ma stavolta l'ha detto lui  :lolle:

Ma cazzo...su Batman fa delle pose della madonna e qui sembra un Super-Picasso  :lolle:

Ma santa salacca!

Post Uniti: 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:32:10

Citazione di: Azrael il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:30:50
Citazione di: Clark Kent il 24 Ottobre 2012, 18:30:11

Sta diventando Power girl  :ahsisi:

Daiii  :lolle: PW è molto più prosperosa  :lolle:
fra 5 numeri la supera  :ahsisi: