Aperto da Man of Steel, 18 Agosto 2022, 21:59:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Tankorr

éala éarendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended

Hugostrange70

Man of Steel

Se vuoi gustarti la preview intanto :lolle:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

The hype is fucking real. :ahsisi:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Hugostrange70

Tankorr

Letto.

Fantastico.

Devo rileggerlo.

Come già intuibile da TNGA questa nuova storia è

[Spoiler]

Tutta ambientata su Terra 2.

Una Terra 2 che ha un suo Damian Wayne, un suo Khalid come doc Fate e perfino una sua LOSH!!!

In pratica Johns sta proseguendo con la storia di Terra 2 portandola da dove si era interrotta con CSTI al presente del 2020, ed al futuro remoto.

La semplice mole di nozioni e di infinite possibilità è inebriante  :o

Ma soprattutto....cosa ci fa su Terra 2 la sfera di vetro contenente il mondo di Flashpoint????

Chocozell

Mah, vediamo. Ultimamente mi sembra che Johns voglia sempre rifilarci qualche pippa meta stile Morrison, con meno successo (ma più chiara, almeno)
Firma.png

Hugostrange70

Citazione di: Chocozell il 29 Novembre 2022, 10:33:02Mah, vediamo. Ultimamente mi sembra che Johns voglia sempre rifilarci qualche pippa meta stile Morrison, con meno successo (ma più chiara, almeno)
Che non è poco  :lol:

Man of Steel

How it started:
https://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/index.php?msg=2239793

How it's going:

Justice Society of America: Geoff Johns & Mikel Janín Kick Off Their New Series with a Bang
CitazioneCBR: Between this opening issue and Stargirl, you really like Solomon Grundy. What do you find appealing about him as a storyteller?

Geoff Johns:
I do really like Solomon Grundy! He's a great character! My favorite Marvel character is the Hulk, it always has been, and I love the Thing. I love the monster characters, so I really love Solomon Grundy. When I was reading DC, all the characters were kind of the same. They weren't as varied as Marvel's were, but they had a few outliers like Solomon Grundy. That's why I love Metamorpho too. He's a monster character, and Solomon Grundy is a super fun character to work with.

I worked with him on the Stargirl TV show. Anywhere I can use Solomon Grundy, I'll use him. [laughs] I wasn't that conscious of it, but really, the Solomon Grundy appearance in Stargirl was more for the joke of, "I thought you were in school on Monday." He's always born on a Monday, so when you fight Solomon Grundy, it's usually going to be on a Monday; it's not a weekend job. That was more of a joke than a real earnest effort for Solomon Grundy to be in every book I was going to write. [laughs]

The New Golden Age was all about legacy, and Helena Wayne is very much a character at odds with her own legacy with her parents Batman and Catwoman. What was it about putting this version of Huntress at the center of this wider JSA story?

Johns:
You hit on exactly why I like writing her. She's this really compelling legacy character because she does come from Bruce and Selina, but she's taking different things from them than I think you normally would. She has a different version of Bruce Wayne Batman. She knows him differently. For everyone else, he's about fear, darkness, and vengeance, and she's like, "That's not what he was to me. He was my dad. He was all about understanding, love, and forgiveness. He was with Selina Kyle and they've been together for a long while and in love with each other."

Bruce found it in himself to open up to that, had a family, and even quit being Batman to save the family. I think that's incredibly powerful. She's carrying the burden of two legacies, and her mother is there trying to prevent her from going down the same path that she did, or she thinks that Bruce did. She's a great character because she's taking on these legacies and she's really focused on her dad's legacy because her mom's still there. She's going, "How do I continue my dad's legacy?" And her mom is in her ear going, "Don't. These are all the reasons not to when you're going about it in completely the wrong way."

I love the scene when they're arguing about the JSA and the dangers involved. Helena's like, "Dad forgave you and gave you a second chance," and Selina's like, "You don't know these people like he knew me." It's a really great emotional argument that makes the character compelling.

If you've got a soft spot for Solomon Grundy, I have one for Gentleman Ghost, who is on this new JSA roster. What was it about populating this team with some of the JSA's greatest villains that appealed to you?

Johns:
It was really about those legacies. Something is going on with the JSA at this moment in history, and Helena even says the legacies of these heroes have not been picked up as quickly as they usually are. That's because there's literally a living paradox with Degaton coming in. He's been slaughtering the JSA and coming back in time, and it's starting to affect everything. Because they don't have a new Hourman or Doctor Mid-Nite or the other legacy of heroes without someone stepping up to the plate, she goes to Doctor Fate and Power Girl, the only two members who are left, and -- in a story we haven't seen -- says to them, "I can bring people in. We can use this to redeem people. This is what my dad did with my mom."

She really believes in this and believes that this is her dad's legacy. [She's like,] "My dad's legacy is to make more heroes, and you can make more good in the world if you can forgive those who are on the wrong path but maybe have the potential to be better." For some of them, convincing them was pretty easy, like with Grundy, who has gone through different incarnations. Some of them might have been more tricky, like Gentleman Ghost, and that's a story I'd like to see. How did he come to be on this team?

You can see that he's clearly on it, and a lot of them, like Kyle Knight, the new Mist, carry some regret. When he dies and says, "I'm sorry, Cosmo," there's something going on there. Each one of them has their own story.

In terms of untold stories, there's an entire two-page spread where we see these different eras in the JSA's history. Why did you want to include these glimpses in particular?

Johns
: There's Bruce Wayne's funeral 18 years from now, and then we go to a future showing Jay's daughter Judy. That story is coming. They're going to be reunited, running together, and I'm excited about Judy Garrick, her introduction, and who she is. She is a very fun character to write. Going back in time to 1976, it's really re-establishing that era of the JSA, and we'll be re-establishing that era of the JSA with the Huntress back in those stories. Then we go to 1951 with the Golden Age Red Lantern.

If you read The New Golden Age special, his who's who entry provides a lot of detail of what that moment is probably from where he went against the authority that took his daughter and came for her. There are a lot of untold stories there, and we've talked about Bruce Wayne's funeral, the one with Jay and Judy, the All-Star Comics era, re-inserting that into history, making it what it was, going into 1951, and hinting at Red Lantern.

Mikel, there's a great action set piece that opens up the issue. How much fun is it to draw Solomon Grundy?

Mikel Janín
: It was a lot of fun, and I'm guessing readers didn't expect Solomon Grundy to be in the opening scene, so it was really fun and a surprise. I let that surprise go and had fun with it.

The new Red Lantern is powered by something called the Crimson Flame, similar to Alan Scott's Starheart. How did you want to differentiate this Red Lantern from the ones we've seen before and give Alan his own Red Lantern enemy?

Janín:
Brandon Peterson did the design for the original one, and it was a great design. I took part of it because it's supposed to be his daughter. I tried to give her a futuristic touch. I think it worked!

Johns: It's cool. I love her cape! The idea that there's another enemy out there for Alan Scott who could turn into their own legacy character and the idea that there was a Golden Age Red Lantern and it's more in tune with what his green flame was. There's a big story there, and we're going to be telling it. Hopefully, we'll be telling it in a really big way coming up.

There's also a fantastic scene with this newsreel footage of the Golden Age, with everything from Starman in Opal City and beyond.

Janín
: We actually had a bunch of different artists do that scene, including Jerry Ordway.

Johns: Yeah, Jerry Ordway, Scott Kolins, Brandon Peterson. Janín: It was great to be in that moment when you fly across DC's history. It was a really great scene.

What was it about having the centerpiece of this issue being Per Degaton attacking this iteration of the JSA that appealed to you?

Johns:
Well, it's his latest attack, right? The difference is, as he's gone back in history to slaughter these teams, it's the first time one of them has escaped, and she escaped thanks to her mother. We're essentially following the first survivor of Degaton's attacks, and all she knows is that Doctor Fate will hold the key to how to save the JSA.
https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-america-geoff-johns-mikel-janin-interview/

BASED! :D

Letto #1
Si parte! Inizia un nuovo viaggio con la JSA scritta dal mitico Geoff, il destino è cambiato, non abbiamo Hitch alle matite, ma Janin, tuttavia...è il writer che fa la differenza questa volta! :dsi:

Questa Helena è una Huntress differente, più unica alla versione di Geoff per ora, piuttosto che quella del passato e non parliamo nemmeno di quella di King/Mann, inutile menzionare quella versione, ma siccome è quella più recente, heh...

È una Helena Wayne che segue le orme del padre, ma anche qui, quelle di un Bruce Wayne/Batman molto Geoff-centrico, NON un "The Man Who Falls" bensì un "The Man Who Forgives" come visto in 3 Jokers. :ahsisi:
A suo modo, porta avanti quel filone e anche quello DClock, come visto anche in Flashpoint Beyond, tanta roba.

Come dice anche nell'intervista, il numero è ricco di elementi per nuovi e vecchi fan, è un mondo nuovo, un passato inedito e tutto da esplorare, piccole genialate come Red Lantern e una "Red Jennifer-Lynn Hayden" quindi non Jade, ma Ruby (HA! :P) e poi...boh, prendiamo la sola Power Girl.
Damn, si vede per la prima volta dal pre-reboot, you know, in un certo senso...
QUESTA versione mi ha ricordato quella del passato, quella della JSA, quella di Geoff.

Ne vedremo delle belle e questo è solo l'inizio!
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Penny-uno

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 29 Novembre 2022, 20:36:07Questa Helena è una Huntress differente, più unica alla versione di Geoff per ora, piuttosto che quella del passato e non parliamo nemmeno di quella di King/Mann, inutile menzionare quella versione, ma siccome è quella più recente, heh...

È una Helena Wayne che segue le orme del padre, ma anche qui, quelle di un Bruce Wayne/Batman molto Geoff-centrico, NON un "The Man Who Falls" bensì un "The Man Who Forgives" come visto in 3 Jokers. :ahsisi:
A suo modo, porta avanti quel filone e anche quello DClock, come visto anche in Flashpoint Beyond, tanta roba.

Quindi è più collegata alla produzione recente che alla vecchia Jsa di Johns? Chiedo perchè in caso mi manca solo Flashpoint beyond, mentre la Jsa di Johns mi manca. Questa appena esce da noi la prendo al volo  :ahsisi:

Man of Steel

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Penny-uno

Tankorr

Citazione di: Penny-uno il 17 Dicembre 2022, 08:56:15Quindi è più collegata alla produzione recente che alla vecchia Jsa di Johns? Chiedo perchè in caso mi manca solo Flashpoint beyond, mentre la Jsa di Johns mi manca. Questa appena esce da noi la prendo al volo  :ahsisi:

Sostanzialmente non c'entra proprio nulla con la JSA di Jonhs

Man of Steel

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN
Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
1:25 variant cover by EDWIN GALMON
$3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 3/28/23

Huntress's journey through time comes to a head as the person chasing her through the timeline has finally caught up to her. Is the end of the line for Helena Wayne?
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Penny-uno

Citazione di: Tankorr il 18 Dicembre 2022, 12:18:10Sostanzialmente non c'entra proprio nulla con la JSA di Jonhs
Meglio così, perchè sicuramente quella serie non la recupererò a breve.

Hugostrange70