Superman: Son of Kal-El (USA) di Tom Taylor & John Timms

Aperto da Man of Steel, 21 Aprile 2021, 18:17:50

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #16
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art by CIAN TORMEY and RUAIRÍ COLEMAN
Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
Variant cover by ARIEL COLÓN
1:25 '90s bedroom variant cover by MEGAN HUANG
$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 10/11/22
"KAL-EL RETURNS" PART 2!
Father and son are at last reunited after the Warworld Saga ripped them apart...and you don't need to have super-senses to know that this is a reunion well earned. As planet Earth becomes reacquainted with the rise of two Supermen, one man stands in their way. Lex Luthor sets his deadly machinations in motion as the march toward Action Comics #1050 continues!
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Hugostrange70

Man of Steel

Letto #14
14 numeri e forse possiamo lasciarci dietro questo storyarc con evil Bendis. :ehm:

Tra poco ci sarà il crossover con AC di PKJ and man...Tom Taylor needs to step-up in termini di storytelling...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #17
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
Variant cover by JOHN GIANG
1:25 variant cover by JEFF DÉKAL
'90s Cover Month variant cover by STEVEN BUTLER
ON SALE 11/8/22
"KAL-EL RETURNS" PART 4!
Superman and son are reunited...so why doesn't it feel so good? Could it be because of the Lexcorp automatons threatening the safety of Metropolis? I've got a bad feeling about this...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Man of Steel

Letto #15
Meh, rushed af, probabilmente perchè ora partirà il crossover con AC...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #16
Parte 2 del crossover "Kal-El Returns".

Mi è piaciuta la opening e il closure.

Tutto quello che ci sta in mezzo è solo Taylor che sfoggia il suo self-awareness, che è assolutamente nullo.
Non puoi far dire a Jon di non leggere i commenti su internet per poi creare interi momenti per twitter, l'ultima pagina mostra alla grande che Taylor lurka siti come 4chan, sul serio, ma chi cazz pensa di prendere in giro??? :lolle:  :lolle:  :lolle:

Ancora qualche numero e chiude la testata, poi so che faranno un rilancio con un altro numero, ma heh...sarà una mini e non una ongoing, wonder why...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #18
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
1:25 variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY
DC Holiday Card variant cover by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS
and ALEX SINCLAIR
ON SALE 12/13/22
"KAL-EL RETURNS" PART 6!
THE RISE OF RED SIN! With the landmark Action Comics #1050 just around the corner, prepare for the ultimate battle between Superman and Lex Luthor as Clark and Jon continue their intensive training. But will it be enough to overcome the mysterious new villain calling themselves Red Sin?
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #17
No, vabbe non esiste...
Istanti del genere mostrano chiaramente quello che dico su Taylor e le volte in cui proprio NON CAPISCE SUPERMAN!

In questo numero usa Superman come un prop per fare la morale ai lettori, Jon che ha paura di fare coming-out davanti a suo padre, davanti a SUPERMAN è qualcosa che trovo inaccettabile. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Ho capito a cosa mirava a fare il writer, per carità...è tutto lì, non c'è nulla da decifrare, ma non lo vai a fare con fucking Superman dai...quando mai nella sua vita ha mostrato un solo fottutissimo briciolo di pregiudizi/bigotteria/qualsiasi cosa che non sia una forma di accettazione verso il prossimo, verso persino i cattivi e dovrebbe rifiutare il suo stesso figlio??? MA OHHHH?!?!?!?

Per quanto Taylor abbia il cuore puro e pacioccoso e balle varie, tende a scrivere cose in una tale maniera a volte su determinati topics che trovo...pericoloso.
Bendis aveva semplicemente idee e uno storytelling di merda, Taylor invece usa il simbolo di Superman per lottare contro i trolls a la twitter e anche no dai...in 17 numeri non ha fatto praticamente niente di che con Jon.

Ancora un ultimo numero e poi chiude la testata.
Verrà rilanciata con una mini, after that i dunno...but Taylor must fucking go, man...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

HCPunk

Letto principalmente per seguire a tutto tondo il ritorno di Clark sulla Terra.
Quando si toccano argomenti padre/figlio con me si fa sempre centro e qui il m.o. per ritrovare la tranquillità in mezzo a tutti i rumori nella testa di Jon  è stato davvero bello, lo ammetto. Anche qui Metallo compare in background, vediamo quanto si andrà ad intrecciare la faccenda con Action Comics
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Chocozell

Firma.png

Man of Steel

Taylor ha intenzione di sganciare delle rivelazioni bomba nella sua prossima maxi eeeee io tremo. :lolle:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

HCPunk

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 01 Dicembre 2022, 14:38:23Taylor ha intenzione di sganciare delle rivelazioni bomba nella sua prossima maxi eeeee io tremo. :lolle:

Se lo riporta piccolo è oro che cola!
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Man of Steel

Purtroppo....PKJ ha confermato *addolcendo la pillola il più possibile* che Jon non ritornerà MAI più bambino, perché sono cambiate TROPPE cose e si finirebbe per fare dei passi indietro su certe cose dove dietro c'è stato un lungo lavoro fatto per niente sennò....

Phillip Kennedy Johnson Responds to Fan Complaints Regarding Jon Kent's Age
CitazionePeople just love talking about this and it's been going on for so long," Phillip Kennedy Johnson responded. "But the thing with Jon Kent is that, as soon as I came on the whole thing, Jon's future had already been settled. [Writer] Tom [Taylor] already had his plans for what he was going to do with the character, everything he was going to do."

"There was all the stuff he'd been through with the Legion, things he was going to do in the 'Superman: Son of Kal-El' title. One of those things of course was him coming out as bisexual, but there were lots of other stories as well. He's been through a lot of stuff and if we were to 'One More Day' Jon – referring to the Spider-Man thing where they just kind 'poofed' it away – if we were to do that, we would be undoing all those stories that happened since then. We'd be screwing over not just Tom Taylor but everyone who'd read any of his books and all that time like none of that happened, like nothing happened in "Legion" would have happened, it would literally be by erasure taking a bisexual character and making them vanish. To take him back to an age before those things happened it just would have been wrong."

"I acknowledged that it was not a popular decision, however to undo it would have been a bigger mistake."

"So there were lots and lots of reasons why it would not happen with or without my help. Even if I pitched them the idea like, 'Hey you know we should make Jon 10 again,' whether that be through some kind of you know magic stuff or discovery of another Jon someplace else or you know some Multiversal whatever, no matter what happened, it would have meant all the other stuff that happened was gone. So there were lots of reasons why we kind of can't go back."

"But one thing I did want, that I did really miss, was seeing the relationship between Superman and Lois and Jon as a young boy, making all the kind of dumb mistakes kids make when he's like frying cats and trying to figure out how to do stuff on the farm. All those things that were just really fun, seeing them on roller coasters, and you know I wanted to get back to all that. It's not so much about Jon, it's about the stories, it's about the feelings that those stories gave us. I'm going to make another analogy, and I'm sorry to go on about this so long, but I feel like it's a big deal and I'm hoping that everyone on Twitter is watching so we can just kind of put this to bed. On on my first "Alien" arc... (All of my stuff I do for "Alien" goes through not just Marvel but also 20th Century. Everyone at 20th Century looks over that stuff too to make sure it all fits the Alien brand). I discovered that anything that has not already happened in an "Alien" film they don't want to see it in the comic either. All they want is like the original dinner scene with Jon Hurt over and over and over and over again. That's all they want. They want to see chess burster, just like they did in the first movie because everyone loved the first movie. But what those kinds of notes don't understand or don't take into account is that they're not trying to just see the one cool thing happen over and over, you're trying to recapture that same feeling of horror and mystery, and you're trying to recapture that feeling in the reader or the viewer. So I'm trying to recapture the magic of the Superman/Jon Kent/Lois Lane relationships without undoing a big important piece of canon."

Also, side note, the thing that happened with Jon kind of added a more complex layer to Superman that we didn't have before. Superman now has a deep regret that makes him kind of sad, it kind of haunts him, and Lois Lane too, and now it's going to make things a little more complicated with Jon and the super twins, and you know Clark is all up in the middle of that and it makes it, it kind of makes for drama. You know sometimes we see bad things or unfortunate things happen to characters that we love and it allows for these really powerful stories, and I think that the aging up of Jon is a prime example of that where something unfortunate happened to somebody that we care about, and you know what are our favorite characters going to do now after suffering this loss?"

"So that would be my answer about why we're going to leave Jon alone as far as his age."
https://www.supermanhomepage.com/phillip-kennedy-johnson-responds-to-fan-complaints-regarding-jon-kents-age/

Jon non ha smesso di essere un bambino nel momento in cui Bendis lo ha fatto invecchiare. :nono:

Jon ha smesso di essere un bambino nel momento esatto in cui Taylor lo ha reso bisessuale.

Non so se mi sono per davvero messo l'anima in pace, ma è ciò che mi sto raccontando da tempo ormai...

Anche i writers sanno che sia stata una mossa di merda, ma hanno le mani legate ormai.

Auguro tutto il bene del mondo a Bendis, ma spero stia lontano dai personaggi che amo....per sempre.

Vediamo Taylor che altro cazzo combinerà, a sto punto Clark e Lois fanno prima a fare un altro figlio, perché Jon più di tanto non possono più fotterlo...
Why though?
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Hugostrange70

Ricordo in infinite frontier delle parole sibilline sul conto di Jon, può darsi che Taylor si riferisca a questo