Justice Society of America (USA) di Geoff Johns & Janin

Aperto da Man of Steel, 18 Agosto 2022, 21:59:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by MIKEL JANÍN
Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
'90s Cover Month variant cover by JOE QUINONES
1:25 variant cover by JERRY ORDWAY
1:50 variant cover by STEVE LIEBER
$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 11/22/22

CitazioneAfter making their long awaited return in the pages of Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #3, the Justice Society of America (JSA) are back in "Justice Society of America: The New Golden Age Part One." Or are they? A long-lost hero from the JSA crashes into our era with a grave warning...but it's too late. A mysterious and malevolent enemy has invaded the entire history of the JSA, and an all-new team must come together to defeat it. But what deadly secret does this messenger from beyond keep? Where are they from? And why is all of this happening now? Only the Time Masters know...

"There will be familiar faces re-joining the team, like Jay Garrick and Alan Scott, as well as long-lost members returning, like Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez, and a new Golden Age legacy hero first hinted at in the end of Flashpoint Beyond. Mikel Janin is doing the work of his career on this," added Johns.

Justice Society of America is an on-going monthly title written by Johns, featuring art by Mikel Janín (Batman), and the first issue will be available at local comic book shops on November 22.

I NEVER stopped believing! :dowson:
Finalmente...eccoli! :')
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Hugostrange70

Ma porc... non ci credo  :lol: mi stavo lamentando sul topic di stargirl e invece  :wub:

Man of Steel

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Hugostrange70

Ero quasi convinto che la jsa non sarebbe più tornata felice di aver sbagliato, e ancora più felice che sia johns a scrivere la serie. Chi meglio di lui?  :clap:

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
'90s Cover Month variant cover by JOE QUINONES
1:25 variant cover by JERRY ORDWAY
1:50 variant cover by STEVE LIEBER
$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 11/22/22
The JSA returns in this monthly series by writer Geoff Johns and artist Mikel Janín with "Justice Society of America: The New Golden Age Part One"! The world's first and greatest superheroes return! Or do they? A long-lost hero from the JSA crashes into our era with a grave warning... but it's too late. A mysterious and malevolent enemy has invaded the entire history of the JSA, and an all-new team must come together to defeat it. But what deadly secret does this messenger from beyond keep? Where are they from? And why is all of this happening now? Only the Time Masters know...

Tim Drake di Earth-2!
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
1:25 variant cover by TOM RANEY
1:50 foil variant cover by MIKEL JANÍN
$3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 12/27/22
THE NEW GOLDEN AGE CONTINUES! Huntress has arrived in the present day, but the Justice Society of America are not what she remembers. Can she get to the bottom of what's happened to the world's first superhero team? Will the helmet of Fate hold the answers Huntress seeks?
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
1:25 variant cover by STEPHEN SADOWSKI
1:50 foil variant by MIKEL JANÍN
$3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US
(card stock)
ON SALE 1/24/23
Huntress's journey to save the Justice Society of America lands her smack dab in the middle of the 1940s at the birth of the team! Can Huntress and the present-day JSA work together long enough to figure out how to stop the strike on the '40s team?!
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Batman Forever

quindi non è una serie regolare, ma una maxiserie da 12

"TO ME MY X-MEN..."

Man of Steel

Eh già, meglio essere onesti da subito i guess, invece che spacciarla per ongoing e poi chiudere con 12 numeri... :lolle:

Poi magari fanno come Swamp Thing e la allungano a 16, io spero di vedere Geoff impegnato su una testata sulla LOSH, fosse anch'essa una maxi di 12 numeri se non proprio ongoing.

Just a matter of time. :zuzu:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Clod

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Geoff Johns Talks Exploring Legacy in Justice Society of America #1
CitazioneTell me a little bit about the new Justice Society of America, #1.

Geoff Johns:
It's really exploring the Justice Society in a very different way than it has been explored before. And I don't completely want to blow it, but I think it's going to surprise a lot of people, the way The New Golden Age really sets up our main character. And it revolves around our main character, and it's going to introduce a lot of... JSA number one has a lot of new characters in there too, a lot of new heroes, new villains, and a new purpose to the JSA. So, you'll see what they evolve into at one point in their long legacy.

And one of the things that has been interesting to explore this new Justice Society that is every era, every generation has its own unique team, and that the great thing about these generations of JSA teams is that it's going to keep continuing on, next generation and next generation, next generation. And you'll see the differences in the generations and the differences in the teams and the legacies and everything else. When we come into the JSA, Justice Society of America, in issue one, it's at a very specific time in its existence, a time that it is going through an iteration of itself that it never has done before. And so, you'll see why that is and what that means, and how it's going to affect both the future of the JSA and the past at the same time.

Something you told me before about just dealing with the JSA again, especially when we talked at the end of Flashpoint Beyond, was that you're not reinventing the JSA, you're going back and finding places and pockets and corners where you can expand that story, but not change it in a way. So, we're expanding and we're developing new things. I like to think about it, I was explaining it to one of my colleagues, we're not reinventing the wheel, We're finding those places of untold stories in a lot of ways. Does that feel accurate to you?

Geoff Johns:
Yeah, it does when we look at the past. One of my goals, always when I take on a big, longstanding character team, is not to... I don't necessarily think the JSA needs to be changed. Its origin doesn't need to be altered. It is what it is. But I love expanding on it, both back then and today and in the future, is expanding that legacy of the JSA. Is that they had other stories we have not yet read about in the past. There are other characters we have not yet met that they interacted with in the past. Just because they weren't published in 1940 doesn't mean they didn't exist. Every character has stories to be told in their past, present, and future. And the JSA, to me, it has more than any of them.

And one of the goals of The New Golden Age is to expand that out and to create even a more unique, mysterious, unknown, diverse group of characters and stories that we can explore with the Justice Society. And you saw some of those in the Golden Age, and you saw some hinted at in Stargirl #1. And those aren't the only ones that we'll see. You'll see other ones, as well.

Why do you feel now is the right time to go back and explore the JSA? Because it's one of those things, when I talk to fans and they'll be like, "Oh, what's your favorite DC comics team?" And I'll say, "The JSA." They'll be like, "Why the JSA?" And I'll be like, "Dude, do you not know the JSA?" Why do you feel like now is a good time to be diving back into that world that I think a lot of people don't appreciate maybe as much as they should?

Geoff Johns:
Well, they haven't had their own title for a long, long time, so I think it's overdue. But also, for me, the core thematic or the core element of JSA is generations, legacies, is different generations and passing on legacies. And I feel like we're at a real important time now where there's a shift and a changeover and a new generation that's going to come in. And it just felt like, for me, a great time to explore the next generation of the JSA, is introducing this next group that's going to be made of characters that we know and characters that we've never met before. That's the whole point is that the generations help each other as they continue on.

I like that it's so intertwined. And even just looking at The New Golden Age and looking at the Stargirl comic, just all the different characters and the connections and the moving between the different eras and parts and the different iterations of the teams. I was just so taken by how it's the same team and the same soul, but it works in different ways. It is so complex but also just so fascinating and easy to follow at the same time. And I'm just excited to see how it plays out in JSA, as a reader. But for you as the person who's creating what feels like is going to be a monster story with so many facets, what are you most excited about for this first issue of JSA?

Geoff Johns:
You're going to meet a Justice Society you've never met before. You're going to see a mystery kickoff that... Justice Society of America #1, you don't have to have read any book ever to get on board. For those who've read it a long time, there's a lot in there. For those who have never read a Justice Society of America book, it's an entry level book to the team, the core of the who they are, what they are, how they change, where they're going.

And it's a character story focused on our main character, Helena Wayne. It really is her story. And who she is, why is she different than the Huntress we all know? Why is this Huntress different? It's not just because she's the daughter of Batman and Catwoman; there's a lot more to it. And what her specific personal reason to be, reason to exist, reason to become a part of the JSA, it's all in there. It's not just, "Oh, she was on the team before in an old comic." This is all exploring about who she really is and what she represents. And it's a very interesting take on what the legacy of Batman could mean in the context of dealing with Helena Wayne. She's taking on the legacy of Batman, and what she's doing with it and why with the Justice Society is what the story's all about.
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/geoff-johns-talks-exploring-legacy-in-justice-society-of-america-1-exclusive/
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Geoff Johns Breaks Down Restoring & Expanding DC's Golden Age Legacy
CitazioneCBR: Justice Society of America follows Helena Wayne and her perspective. What made her the right character to focus on for this story?

Geoff Johns:
I find her fascinating because she's going to take on the legacy of her father, Batman, but she knew Bruce Wayne in a different way than anybody else did. He was her father. On page two in Justice Society of America #1, you'll see how she's interpreted Batman's legacy and who she is, what her purpose is, and why she's joined the Justice Society of America to carry that out and what that means because it's not what you think. It doesn't represent what you'd think. She says it in the issue -- for most people, he represents fear and vengeance, but she sees it as something different, and you see clearly why in the issue; what the legacy of Batman is, through the eyes of Helena Wayne, what it's interpreted as, and what she's going to do with it.

Justice Society of America is coming off the heels of Flashpoint Beyond, which ended on a heck of a tease with Rip Hunter. The JSA hashad a tragic history with time, but what was it about having Rip and spring-boarding off of Flashpoint Beyond for this?

Geoff:
Because it's all about history. Flashpoint deals with time -- time-travel and time manipulation. To have a character from the future as our main character and travel back to the past and go back and forth, it just felt like the history of the DCU was already front and center. The time-travel element was something I was playing with, so it felt like a natural extension. Having Rip Hunter, who I absolutely love writing -- him and the Time Masters are some of my absolute favorite characters to write. They're very obscure characters, like Jeff Smith, Bonnie Baxter, and her brother Corky.

There's something fascinating about those four characters because of their perspective on time travel, history, what it means, and how they interact. They really feel like this quartet that's singular and apart from the DC Universe in many ways. It all just pointed to the JSA, the history of the story, and the time-travel story that we're telling and the time-loss characters that we're introducing -- it all felt very organic coming off of [Flashpoint Beyond].

The other big tease coming out of Flashpoint Beyond is Per Degaton as the big bad, and he also appears in The New Golden Age. Per Degaton has always been a thorn in the JSA's side, but what makes him the right antagonist for this story? I just think he's a great character and a great villain. What his perspective is on the JSA and his perspective on time, he's a different kind of time traveler. To have a time-traveling villain attack the legacy of the JSA in different eras across time and get to know these characters, he's spent hours and hours with each member of the JSA, and they haven't even known it. He inserts himself into different time periods, looks at certain things, and now he's got a plan that's causing him to act a little more ruthless, and we'll see what that is in the book.

Between Black Adam and this, it's maybe not a great year to be Doctor Fate. How is it reframing Doctor Fate as such a tragic character across different generations of heroes?

Geoff:
The Helm of Fate will play an important role in all of this. Khalid, the current Doctor Fate in the DC Universe, I love that character, and I love what Ram V did in Justice League Dark with him and Kent Nelson; I thought it was fantastic. I'm playing off a lot of what Ram did and bringing him into the JSA. He's a really fun character, and we're exploring the Fate legacy and what that means in a slightly different way than we've seen it before.

I remember when Stargirl was the new kid on the block, and now she's taken on something of a mentor role for young heroes. Where's Courtney Whitmore's place now in the DCU during all of this?

Geoff:
She's starting to become a more established JSA member now. She's still young, and she still makes mistakes, but she's going to become -- you'll see in Stargirl: The Lost Children -- she'll become a beacon for some other kids that need some help.

Stargirl: The Lost Children almost plays out like a horror story as these old sidekicks revisit their history and relationship to time. How was it exploring the concept of sidekicks with this post-modern approach?

Geoff:
I have the characters talk about it. I think the word "sidekick" and the idea that every hero had a sidekick seems silly, goofy, and ridiculous. If you look at it in a slightly more emotional way, it can seem hopeful, optimistic, and very kind and very joyous to have a generation where all these heroes took the time to bring a kid under their wing, help a kid who needed help, and empower a kid who didn't have any power in their world.

Doomsday Clock was all about restoring the Justice Society as the cornerstone of the DCU. How will the characters address the loss of time in these stories?

Geoff:
Stargirl: The Lost Children will tell this story, and that will lead into the second arc of Justice Society of America. The first arc of Justice Society of America examines this threat that's out there now, and Stargirl: The Lost Children and JSA come together to form the second storyline. That storyline is going to deal with a lot of the reconciliation of these old sidekicks and their older mentors.

What was it about having Alan Scott as the cornerstone of the JSA in Doomsday Clock?

Geoff:
To me, he's the most iconic character in the Justice Society of America. He's the most powerful. He was one of the very first [to appear]. It just feels like if you're going to equate somebody like Superman and Batman to the Justice League, to me, Green Lantern and the Flash always felt like that duo for the JSA. You need Alan Scott and Jay Garrick on the JSA. I don't think the JSA works without those two characters, and they balance each other out.

Alan is a little bit more closed-off and serious, and Jay is a little lighter and more approachable. Those two characters together, I find the JSA can't really exist without them at the center -- just for me, it's my own personal opinion. Writing the stories, Alan Scott has just got to be there. To me, Alan Scott is the main character. There's a reason I introduced the Golden Age Red Lantern because I wanted to make sure the focus remains on Alan Scott even though we're introducing all these other characters. Alan Scott has a huge presence and story in Justice Society of America, and in my head, he just feels like the cornerstone of that team.

Geoff, you've gotten to bring the JSA to live-action through Smallville, Stargirl, and Black Adam. How is it seeing the characters through that prism, and does it inform your approach in returning to write the comic book?

Geoff:
I feel super fortunate because, through TV -- whether it be Smallville or all the DC shows -- or films, I've been able to write some of the first live-action appearances of a lot of characters -- Booster Gold, Jaime Reyes' Blue Beetle, the Legion, the JSA, the JSA in Stargirl again, Eclipso. I feel very lucky that I've gotten to write some of these very first live-action appearances, like the Titans, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Nightwing. It's been a huge privilege to be able to bring these characters to another screen.

With the JSA, I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess I have worked on a lot of things with them, bringing them to the screen, big and small. Stargirl is my personal, very biased favorite of all of them, and we're wrapping that show up with its third season. I'm so excited for the ending because it's pure JSA DNA all the way through it. I don't really think about it too much. It just kind of happens with whatever I'm working on, and I've been really lucky to work on those with so many people, but particularly Stargirl.

To me, that show represents what I love about the JSA, even though it takes place in Blue Valley with kids. It still feels like a JSA show, through and through, because for me, the DNA is there. The characters are there. The legacy is there. The history is all there. It feels very much of everything that I want in a JSA show for today. That was the perfect opportunity I had to really dive in and tell that story. There are a lot of secrets and surprises coming up for the last episodes, and I'm excited to see that.

What else can you tease about Stargirl: The Lost Children and Justice Society of America?

Geoff:
Just that this is a labor of love. I love these characters. I love the JSA and Stargirl. I came back to do these two books with the great artists that I'm working with with some characters that I feel are still underexposed and just fun to write about. I'm having a blast on both books, and it's been really fun to have these books talk to each other and to be able to use The New Golden Age one-shot to feel and be bigger than just a JSA relaunch. It can feel like this little corner of the DC Universe that we made called the New Golden Age. There are some other creators working on stuff that, if we do well, hopefully, their projects will come to fruition and will expand this little Golden Age corner of the DC Universe out even more.
https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-of-america-geoff-johns-interview/
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #4
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
1:25 variant cover by JAY HERO
$3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 2/28/23
Helena's journey through time continues! Each new time period gives her one more piece of the puzzle, but is Degaton too far ahead in his quest to eradicate the JSA to be stopped? Is this truly the end of the Justice Society?
But what is light?

See what we want to see.