Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

The Flash (USA) di Jeremy Adams & Brandon Peterson

Aperto da Man of Steel, 17 Dicembre 2020, 18:41:54

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Letto Annual 2022
Bellissimo.
Mazza quanto mi piace l'amore che prova Jeremy Adams verso questi pg... :')

Adoro anche la sua filosofia sulla vita, una a me molto familiare, leggere le sue interviste è sempre uno spasso e a volte sembrava frustrato che non riusciva a raccontare e portare avanti la storia dei poteri di Linda but heh...here we are.

Time is all we need. :lol:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Man of Steel

DC Sends the Flash Into a 60 Second War - And a Twice-Monthly Schedule

THE FLASH #790
As any super-speedster worth their salt will tell you, time can move pretty slow for the incredibly fast. So what happens when an entire armada of conquering speedster aliens shows up on Earth's doorstep? The most intense battle the Earth has ever waged in the span of 60 seconds begins!
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by ROGER CRUZ
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant covers by DANIEL BAYLISS and TBD
    1:25 variant cover by Ibrahim Moustafa
    1:50 foil variant cover by Taurin Clarke
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 1/3/23

https://www.cbr.com/flash-60-second-war-bimonthly-schedule-dc/

EXCLUSIVE Interview: The Flash vs. Alien Speedsters in DC's One Minute War
Citazione CBR: Jeremy, an epic war between speedsters lasting just 60 seconds for everyone else is an incredibly fun premise. What's the origin story behind developing "The One Minute War"?

Jeremy Adams: For speedsters, time generally moves differently. As we've seen in countless movies, when a speedster moves, everything around them slows down. Now, you add these conquerors -- the Fraction. An alien empire that uses the speed force like we use solar or nuclear. They move as fast as our speedsters, so our guy's advantage is kind of nullified. And because they're moving so fast, the idea that this war happens in one minute of current continuity just struck me as cool.

The DC Universe has so many great antagonists. Aside from having superspeed, what does this alien armada bring to the table?

That's their big advantage. They also have learned to utilize the speed force mechanically. So, they have ships, vehicles, etc. moving at super-fast speeds so they can land and take over without any resistance. And because they are moving so fast, other superheroes can't help. This is an event that solely relies on the speedsters of earth.

Every artist brings their own approach to superspeed. What was it like collaborating with Roger Cruz on this giant battle between speedsters?

So far, Roger and I are talking through the series and the insanity of it all. I'm a big fan of his work and really excited to see his take on the insanity that's about to come down the pipe.

Why is this the perfect issue for new readers to jump into The Flash? And for the fans that have been following along, what can you tease about the next adventure for the Fastest Man Alive to ensure they stay with the series?

It's a good chance for readers to get acclimated to DC's main speedsters in an extreme situation. You get to understand their personalities, where the Flash is at emotionally, and hints at a bigger future for them all. As for what comes after this... Well... There'll be some big changes for several characters going forward. If you've been following The Flash thus far, you already know how zany the book is. It will continue along its usual path of twists and turns, silly humor with a heaping helping of heart.

By the time The Flash #790 releases, you will have written more than 20 issues of the series. That's quite a feat nowadays. How does that feel? Have you changed your approach to the Flash's world at all?

Whaaaaaaa?! No way! Actually, this has been a really wonderful experience. I feel blessed that DC has let me be the caretaker for The Flash during the current season of comics. As far as my approach, yes! I'm changing a bit of how I write. Hopefully, I give more panel space for the genius artists to have more room to work their magic.

You have experience writing for animation, film, and TV. When writing "The One Minute War," what does the medium of comics allow you to accomplish as a storyteller that may not be possible in those other mediums?

There's an immediacy you don't get in a lot of other mediums. It's like live theater! From script to page to fans, it feels a bit quicker. The other big difference is that there are less hoops to jump through creatively. In TV and Animation, you have a lot more voices telling you what to do and not to do. I've been very lucky to have a lot of creative freedom.

Speaking of your background in other forms of media, lots of fans are excited about Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons and Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind. What can you tease about these upcoming movies?

One is a violent examination of our responsibility to stand up to evil, the other is a heartfelt examination of what it means to be a hero and the value of friendship. I love them both a lot. We've been thinking [about] Super Sons for years, so it has a lot of my heart thrown on the screen for all to see. I hope everyone digs them.

In your opinion, what sets the DC Universe apart from other comic book universes? Why does The Flash deserve to be one of its most popular legacy characters?

DC, to me, can feel grounded, gritty, etc., but in my mind, DC is a world that can go anywhere and do anything. No idea is too weird. Their universe is expansive, never-ending, [with] something fantastic around every corner. It's also a universe marked by hope. Whether it's an alien orphan with incredible powers or a boy born of tragedy who dedicates his life to making sure no one else experiences that type of pain, it's all about heroes working toward bringing hope to the world.

Using five words or less, sell fans on "The One Minute War."

Run fast. Fight faster.

Is there anything else you'd like to say to all of The Flash and DC fans out there?

The Flash fans in particular have treated me with an incredible amount of support. I couldn't do it without them. They're the ones that keep me going. Keep cheering me on. Keep promoting the book. I have nothing but unending "Thank you's" for them all.

The Flash #790 goes on sale on Jan. 3, 2023.

HA! Concept che mi ricorda War of the Supermen, nice! :lol:
Countdown to #800! :pazzia:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

HCPunk

Annual 2022

Una storia basata su un libro scritto da Linda, non male, c'è amore, action (tanta) e quasi mi sembra un prologo a quanto potrebbe fare la ragazza con i suoi nuovi poteri! Magari andrà in giro con Wally? Un nuovo duo in circolazione?  :lol:  Sarebbe carino!

La pagina finale è meravigliosa, ma mi vien da dire solo una cosa.. "Un altro?!" :asd: Da niente a tanto per Wally insomma! :asd:

#785 Dark Crisis tie-in

Quanto mi è piaciuto come Adams abbia intersecato la continuity di Flash, di Dark Crisis e delle realtà affrontate dai vari velocisti dell'evento in questione.
Davvero tutto fila liscio, hanno avuto tutti un inizio, una fase intermedia e una fine direi soddisfacenti.
"That Barry Allen is a hero no matter what world we land on." calza a pennello, proprio per quanto sta facendo Barry in Dark Crisis :sisi:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Man of Steel

Letto #787
IF YOU SSSMEELL!!!!! WHAT THE FLASH!!! IS COOKIN!!! :lolle:  :lolle:  :lolle:

Hahahaha che razza di numero one-shot, filler? Of course! Ma dannatamente divertente e wholesome! :D
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

THE FLASH #791
Written by JEREMY ADAMS
Pencils by ROGER CRUZ
Inks by MATT BANNING
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
Variant cover by DANIEL BAYLISS
Variant cover by MARCO D'ALFONSO
1:25 variant cover by KIM JACINTO
1:50 foil variant cover by TAURIN CLARKE
ON SALE 1/17/23
"The One-Minute War," part two! The heroes are split after the alien speedsters known as the Fraction smashed into Central City, and must attempt to fend off attacks while trying to formulate a plan.
But there's no time for the heroes to take a breather, as besides the speedsters, Miss Murder is also hunting the team—and she has speed hounds...
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

ctbomb

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 01 Maggio 2022, 10:58:30Letto #781
:D
Ogni volta che leggo un numero di questa testata mi mette di buon umore, veramente wholesome.
È strano, ma ogni periodo DC ha almeno una testata del genere, una luce in fondo al tunnel, una che ti dice perchè segui questi pg, questo universo...non c'è mai un blackest night.
E come ne parlavo con Largand ieri, numeri di questo tipo danno quel feel della Silver Age, but then again...i guess non dovrei sorprendermi, heh. :asd:
Ciao.

Io non sto più seguendo Flash dalla fine della run di Williamson.

Questo potrebbe essere un buon starting-point per ricominciare?

E inoltre, rispetto al successivo evento Dark Crisis, Flash come si pone? E' importante leggere anche tutto l'evento? (sono un po' a corto e non vorrei spendere per molti albi).

Grazie.

Gianpaolo.

Man of Steel

Dunque, io ti consiglio di recuperare la gestione di Adams dal suo primo numero, Dark Crisis fa pena e non me la sento di consigliartela, leggi pure i numeri legati  a quell'evento, al massimo se non capisci qualcosa chiedi pure qua che bastano due righe per spiegare tutto. :up:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

ctbomb

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 05 Novembre 2022, 14:08:56Dunque, io ti consiglio di recuperare la gestione di Adams dal suo primo numero, Dark Crisis fa pena e non me la sento di consigliartela, leggi pure i numeri legati  a quell'evento, al massimo se non capisci qualcosa chiedi pure qua che bastano due righe per spiegare tutto. :up:
Ok. Grazie.

Ora... ammesso che recuperi dal n. 18, primo numero della run mi pare, ci sono altri eventi con cui avere a che fare fino ad oggi?
E in tal caso cosa devo recuperare?

Grazie.
Gianpaolo

Clod

Citazione di: ctbomb il 05 Novembre 2022, 16:33:25Ok. Grazie.

Ora... ammesso che recuperi dal n. 18, primo numero della run mi pare, ci sono altri eventi con cui avere a che fare fino ad oggi?
E in tal caso cosa devo recuperare?

Grazie.
Gianpaolo
no, la serie basta e avanza

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

ctbomb

Clod

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

Letto #788
HA! Confermato che Linda è

Questo è un turning point molto interessante e con questa mossa Adams è destinato a lasciare il suo segno su Wally! :D
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

THE FLASH #792
Written by JEREMY ADAMS
Pencils and inks by ROGER CRUZ and WELLINGTON DIAS
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
Variant cover by SERG ACUÑA
1:25 variant cover by SCOTT KOLINS
Black History Month variant cover by MATEUS MANHANINI
ON SALE 2/7/23
"The One-Minute War" part three! The Flash Family is in dire straits as the Fraction begin their takeover. Looking for a way to push them back, Impulse has an idea...the kind of idea that usually gets people in trouble. It's up to Kid Flash to keep him company on a daring mission that could help turn the tide against this extraterrestrial threat!

THE FLASH #793
Written by JEREMY ADAMS
Pencils and inks by ROGER CRUZ and WELLINGTON DIAS
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
1:25 variant cover by SCOTT KOLINS
ON SALE 2/21/23
"The One-Minute War" part four! After the deadly impact of the Fraction's arrival, the Flash Family must come together and figure out what is going on and how to stop this speedster invasion!
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

HCPunk

Vederli cooperare come una famiglia anche in battaglia, in questo caso perché si parla di Flash, non annoia ed è un ottimo modo "per fare gruppo". Mi è piaciuto. Un numero molto stile F4. Poi qualche pagina con la JSA è sempre gradita ovviamente e visto che il loro bersaglio era un'armata di nazi zombie si è percorso un po' il viale dei ricordi :sisi:

Puro oro colato per me! Non esagero! :asd:
Wrestling (sono fan!) nel multiverse, una bella lezione di "vita da papà" per Wally e disegni di Pasarin? Numero molto divertente! :clap:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Man of Steel

THE FLASH #794
Written by JEREMY ADAMS
Art by ROGER CRUZ and WELLINGTON DIAS
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
Variant cover by GEORGE KAMBADAIS
1:25 variant cover by ELEONORA CARLINI
Shazam! Fury of the Gods movie variant cover by
JERRY ORDWAY and ALEX SINCLAIR
$3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 3/7/23

The Fraction is moments away from victory, but they forgot about one thing...an almost-10-year-old with red hair and the power to turn things around. Finally, Irey West has found her new superhero name, and she intends to use it while saving the Flash Family from certain doom!

THE FLASH #795
Written by JEREMY ADAMS
Art by ROGER CRUZ and WELLINGTON DIAS
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
Variant cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
1:25 variant cover by ELEONORA CARLINI
$3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 3/21/23

The Flash Family retreats, mourning the loss of their family members, while Barry tries to find a way to stop the Fraction once and for all. Surprises abound as the past is revisited and we hurtle toward the end of the One-Minute War!

Ahhhh fuck.... :nono:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.