News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Way of X (USA) di Si Spurrier & Bob Quinn

Aperto da Man of Steel, 08 Gennaio 2021, 22:07:43

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Writer Si Spurrier Previews the New X-Men Series, 'Way of X'

CitazioneGet the superstar creator's insights on Nightcrawler, the X-Men, mutant life, and more!

Si Spurrier. Bob Quinn. Kurt Wagner. The Way of X.

Announced today, the writer, artist, and the amazing Nightcrawler are teaming up for a brand-new X-Men series on its way this April.

Mutantkind has built a new Eden...but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts... Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only Nightcrawler can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he—and the curious crew he assembles (including fan-favorites Dr. Nemesis, Pixie, and Blink)—can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. This is the WAY OF X.

The acclaimed writer spoke with Marvel.com about the story to come...

"I should probably just tell a lie for the sake of a neat elevator pitch and say that WAY OF X is a story about the creation of a new mutant religion. But it's not—not really.

"That's kinda where it starts, for sure. Nightcrawler realises something's wrong with the hearts and minds of mutantkind and sets out to fix it. But as he quickly discovers, this isn't a job for priests and prayers.

"To use the obvious idiom: there's a serpent in Eden. Someone with incomparable power and deep ties to Professor X himself is pulling secret strings. In the mutant paradise of Krakoa a sickness of the spirit is taking hold, urging mutants towards despair and violence. As Nightcrawler and his eccentric crew react to its influence, they realise what they're really up against is nothing less than the self-destructive darkness in the hearts of mutantkind itself.

"The question is, what do they have to become in order to fight it? Preachers? Cops? Executioners? Or something entirely new?

"WAY OF X is a smart, psychedelic tale about faith, science, culture, love, and law. And Bamfing. Bamfing just for the joy of it."

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Now that you've heard the full elevator pitch, here's what Spurrier had to say about the state of the X-Men, DAWN OF X, Jonathan Hickman, and more.

"So, listen: the importance of Hickman's X-Men work can't be overstated. For the first time in a long time someone's doing something genuinely and ambitiously different with the Super Hero concept. To me the whole DAWN OF X canon drips with the lysergic experimentation of the best Big Idea sci-fi: Last and First Men... Barefoot in the Head... Foundation and Empire. It's not just "what if...?", it's "what if everything...?" It's nothing less than the creation of an entire epochal civilisation. That Jon and the rest of the X-team are telling stories in that framework of such humanity and heart is nothing short of magical. I want in on that.

"And there's something else. For decades the mutants of the Marvel Universe have allowed storytellers to speak to the ugly outcomes of Othering: of race, of class, of gender, of sexuality. I used it myself to explore mental illness, in X-MEN LEGACY. It seemed to go down pretty well, to my great surprise, and I still feel like that's some of the most valuable work I've ever done. I've been itching to return to my favourite characters and to change the wavelength of the metaphor...

"That's WAY OF X. It's a story about how mutants live. Not just as people, but as a People. It's mischievous and sarcastic and a looong way from being holy. It's a book about ethics and culture and growing fungus out of your own brain. It's a book about rituals and thrills, sexy times and casual death. Above all it's about Shared Ideas, in all their terrible beauty, and what they can do to the minds, hearts, and souls of the communities adrift on their tides.

"In a way I guess—I hope—it's the next obvious step in the grand reworking of the X-Men franchise. A brave new Empire has been built in the light: all hail Krakoa! But it exists on a knife-edge between an endless summer of peace and prosperity... and cataclysmic self-immolation. The Way of X is simply the path the Mutant Nation must walk if it has any hope of escaping its own long and hungry shadow."

Read the full WAY OF X announcement right here, and prepare for WAY OF X #1 to hit your local comic shop this April!
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Arkin Torsen

Per Spurrier mi sa che leggerò perfino l'Elfo!
La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Loki

Molto molto contento di questo annuncio.
Spurrier torna in Marvel e la serie sembra super interessante.
Andrà inoltre ad arricchire il già più che ottimo affresco mutante di Hickman. Bene così!

Ps: chi può cambi il titolo del topic, la serie si chiamerà appunto Way of X :P

Clod

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Man of Steel

WAY OF X #1
    SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A)
    Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
    VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY FEDERICO VICENTINI
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TOM MULLER
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    THE WAY TO THE FUTURE OF X!
    Mutantkind has built a new Eden... but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper
    of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts...Only one mutant senses the looming shadows.
    Snared by questions of death, law and love, only NIGHTCRAWLER can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he - and the curious crew he assembles - can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. The WAY OF X.
    SI SPURRIER (X-MEN LEGACY) and BOB QUINN (CAPTAIN AMERICA) push the frontiers of Krakoa in this unmissable entry into the bold new REIGN OF X.
    48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

WAY OF X #2
    SIMON SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A)
    COVER BY GUISEPPE CAMMUNCOLI
    Variant Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    A VILLAIN REVEALED!
    The dark force hiding within Krakoa begins to show its true form.
    The answers are hidden...WITHIN THE MINDSCAPE. Kurt's – and...others.
    One of the most dangerous mutants is reborn!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

WAY OF X #3
SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A) • Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
EMMA FROST CHARACTER DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
CHARACTER DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY BOB QUINN
MAKE MORE MUTANTS.
• It's the Hellfire Gala hangover.
• Nightcrawler tries to root out the evil working to destroy Krakoa by investigating all its laws, starting with...
• **SEXY SAXOPHONE SOLO**
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

WAY OF X #4
    SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Variant Cover by Ivan Shavrin
    KILL NO MAN!
    (BUT SOME EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY)
    • Nightcrawler must act fast to avoid catastrophe as the laws of Krakoa (and physics) are tested to their limits.
    • Also: a nice family bonding sesh with no violent repercussions.
    • Just kidding. This is Xavier vs. Legion in a boozed-up Tiki bar, with the sanity of mutantkind at stake.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Wait....DAVID????
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

WAY OF X #5
SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A) • Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
Variant Cover by DAVID BALDEÓN
THIS IS THE WAY!
• What happens when the third law of Krakoa is broken?
• What happens when all other solutions have failed?
• What happens when Nightcrawler finally finds the Way?

Onslaught???? :ph34r: :o
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

X-MEN: THE ONSLAUGHT REVELATION #1
    SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A) • Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
    Variant Cover by Federico Vicentini
    YOU HAVE STRAYED FROM THE WAY OF X. THE ONSLAUGHT IS UPON YOU!
    The X-Men's greatest foe, mutantkind's primal evil, slithers in the minds of its most senior leaders...
    The kids whisper of the CRUCI-BALL: a party to end all parties. A party to end everything.
    The seals are broken, the trumpets have sounded; only a small band of eccentric mutants can hope to break the fall...
    Can Nightcrawler light the spark that will drive out the shadows... or will Krakoa slip into the abyss...?
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Parental Advisory ...$4.99

Boh, a quanto pare Way of X era solo una mini di 5 numeri che hanno spacciato per una ongoing...
Però sembra che in 5 numeri Spurrier abbia fatto tantissimo! :zuzu:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Batwoman

Il primo numero mi ha lasciato poco. Vedremo

Man of Steel

Letto #1
Spurrier is baaaaaaack!!!! :w00t:
E con lui....mhu mugga Legion! :dok:

Theme del thread:
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
:777:

Allora, i pro e cons di questa testata o meglio del concept dietro a questa testata hanno la stessa radice: Le forzature di Hickman.

Quelle introdotte un po' così a random e di getto durante i primissimi numeri di HoX/PoX, you know?
Ci eravamo lasciati in un modo in Uncanny X-Men con Brisson/Thompson/Rosenberg, poi arriva Hickman e SBAM, Krakoa.

Tant'è che anche a distanza di tutti questi anni dal #1 di HoX io ancora -e non posso essere l'unico dai- ho dei dubbi sulla natura di questi X-Men, se siano effettivamente i "nostri X-Men" e non vittima di qualche brainwashing dovuto a keikaku da parte di Moira che tiene sotto schiaffo Charles o boh....
Infatti specialmente durante la lettura della maxi di HoX/PoX, molti di noi si erano soffermati a...farsi due domande...
Cosa che alla fine sta facendo anche Kurt...ora...solo ora...
Va bene che il tempo scorre via differentemente In-universe nei comics, però che cazz, buongiorno eh... :look:
Tutte domande lecite eh, ma il fatto che abbia questi dubbi su la moralité di certe cose, tipo il Crucible, Life and Death...Rebirth...but then again...
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable...
:lolle:

Ma l'anima? E il caso di Kurt? Mi ero posto le stesse domande e sono contento che stiano affrontando questa questione.
Però da una parte è anche preoccupante, perchè vedere certi X-Man, come Logan in passato oppure Kurt ora, diventare la voce della ragione implica che non ci sia sotto niente di losco, ma che semplicemente questi mutanti abbiano perso la loro retta via (The Way).
Qualcosa che volendo è giustificabile dicendo che loro si siano in un certo senso "evoluti", d'altronde quando non sei più circoscritto dai soliti limiti e il concetto stesso di morte diventa alieno, beh...come può una rivelazione e una realizzazione del genere non cambiare radicalmente la prospettiva di una persona su...tutto?
Questo non significa che i mutanti abbiano ragione, ma che...il loro "brainwashing" sia dovuto a questo, ecco...

SuperEROI che sono finiti per diventare così...freddi e machiavellici, brrr fa venire la pelle d'oca, specialmente se scritti da Hickman. :ph34r:
È vero che sono sempre stati odiati e temuti dai flatscans, ma come si suol dire, two wrongs don't make a right.

Legion scritto da Spurrier e un'altra cosa, Milligan fece un lavoro mediocre con la mini, poi l'abbiamo visto anche in Uncanny X-Men con Nate Grey, due pezzi grossi, riportarlo in vita dopo il suo auto-delete scritto da Spurrier was a mistake, avrebbe dovuto pensarci sempre lo stesso writer oppure dovevamo semplicemente dimenticare il pg come Forget-Me-Not, lol.
È tipo una questione di Superboy-Prime quando scritto da Geoff, dopo l'ultima storia, è giunto il momento di ritirare il pg dai comics, forever.
Un lusso che i comicbook characters, sopratutto se apprezzati dai fans, non possono permetterselo...
Questo è il Gentry.

Mi piace che Spurrier si sia chiaramente ispirato alla serie tv tho, vediamo cosa farà col pg, so che vedremo Onslaught, maaaa perchè? :zuzu:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #2
lol ce l'avevo sotto il naso. :lolle:
Ora sappiamo chi sia il villain, ma cosa vuole e perchè sia qui...non ancora. :nono:
Anche questo numero mi è piaciuto molto, specialmente per come sono scritti i due pg di Legion e Kurt.
There are sins worth sinning.
Muore
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Letto #3
Part 11 del HG.

Solo 3 numeri, ma per quanto mi riguarda, è già una delle X-testate migliori del panorama Reign of X, certamente una delle mie preferite! :lol:

Non solo adoro i pg, ma con Spurrier mi sto divertendo un mondo!
Vedere Kurt super ciucco al Gala e dire cazzate di qualsiasi tipo, compresi certi segreti che non dovrebbe svelare era bellissimo! :asd:

In altre parole, questo è il TOP per me, poi per quanto Onslaught, so che viene visto male da tanti, fa parte di un periodo Marvel non bellissimo, ma a me questo villain e quelle storie sono sempre piaciute, trash o non trash. :zuzu:
L'ultima volta si è visto proprio con Remender durante uno dei momenti più alti della sua gestione sugli Uncanny Avengers, usato da Red Skull però.
Subito dopo, seguito dal momento più basso in casa Marvel per Rick.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.