News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Giant-Size X-Men (USA) di Hickman

Aperto da Man of Steel, 25 Ottobre 2019, 18:13:02

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

Marvel Brings Back GIANT-SIZE X-MEN as a Series For Jonathan Hickman
https://www.newsarama.com/47574-marvel-brings-back-giant-size-x-men-as-a-series-for-jonathan-hickman.html

CitazioneWriter Jonathan Hickman will bring back the Giant-Size X-Men title – this time as a series, with each installment focusing on different characters and created alongside a different artist.

Kicking off the newly-revamped Giant-Size X-Men is a story titled Jean Grey and Emma Frost, which will explore the complicated relationship between Jean and Emma as they team up to rescue Storm.

Russell Dauterman will draw Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey and Emma Frost #1 with long-time colorist Matthew Wilson.

"I've wanted to draw X-Men comics since I was a kid, so drawing this issue of X-Men is a dream come true," said Dauterman in a statement. "I'm so thrilled to be working on this with Jonathan and Matt, and it's co-starring my favorite character, Jean Grey!"

Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey and Emma Frost #1 is scheduled for a February release.

Seconda ongoing scritta da Hickmanone! :dyo:

Katz, ecco dove è finito Dauterman, per un solo numero, ma hey...meglio di niente! :D
Nuovo costume per Jean, tipo quello di Red, ma con i classici colori.

Say it with me: X Gon'.... :dsi:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Catcher

DavidStrange

Scusate ma questa non è la terza scritta da Hickman?

Kenshiro

Citazione di: DavidStrange il 25 Ottobre 2019, 19:38:40
Scusate ma questa non è la terza scritta da Hickman?

Seconda. New Mutants la co-scrive solo per il primo arc.
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

katzenberg

CitazioneKatz, ecco dove è finito Dauterman, per un solo numero, ma hey...meglio di niente! 

Intanto va bene così, speriamo sia il primo di una serie!

Comunque molto contento, può uscirne roba interessante...

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Kenshiro

Sono curioso per questa serie, che credo sarà una mini incentrata sui rapporti tra i vari mutanti, mi aspetto robe tipo Cyke/Wolvie, X/Magneto e bla bla bla. :mmm:
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Man of Steel

Pure io, e in questi casi sfruttare la GRANDE continuity che hanno alle spalle questi pg...che cazz, diventa DOVEROSO! :gatta:

Specialmente quando hai Jean ed Emma! Suvvia, qua bisogna riprendere New X-Men di Morry!
Scott e Logan invece...boooh di tutto e di più!
Purtroppo hanno ucciso il potenziale di un sacco di storie tra la morte e il ritorno dei vari pg, ci sarebbe ancora molto da dire riguardo a quello che è successo nel periodo Schism/AvX tra Logan, Scott e Chuck, oppure tutto quello che si è persa Jean, invece...niente, pare abbiano glissato su tutto ciò... :unsure:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

GIANT SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1
JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HUDDLESTON
Variant Cover by Iban Coello
BLANK Variant COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
Hickman & Dauterman take on Grey & Frost!
The first of five essential X-tales specially designed to showcase some of Marvel's best artists! First up, Russell Dauterman, superstar artist of THOR and WAR OF THE REALMS! When Storm is in danger, it's going to take two of the most powerful telepaths on Earth working together to make things right. Jean Grey and Emma Frost, together again for the good of Krakoa!
40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ ...$4.99
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Azrael

Man of Steel

HICKMAN Takes MAGNETO Solo For Second GIANT-SIZE X-MEN Spotlight

When Giant-Size X-Men hits stands next year, X-Men fans will get to see Jonathan Hickman’s bold vision for mutantkind unfold in epic adventures told by the industry’s most acclaimed artists. These large-scale but standalone stories will be specifically designed to highlight the artist’s talents, and each issue will focus on a specific character. This March, Hickman will team up with legendary artist Ben Oliver to turn the spotlight on the master of magnetism, Magneto!

Created by Stan Lee himself, Magneto’s been a fixture in the X-Men mythos since the very beginning. Although he debuted in 1963's X-MEN #1 as the X-Men’s premiere super villain, he eventually became one of their fiercest members. Under Chris Claremont’s pen, Magneto was equipped with a tragic backstory, shedding light on his motivations and developing him into one of the most complex characters in the Marvel Universe. An unrelenting champion for mutantkind, Magneto once again finds himself leading a mutant nation, but this time, he has all of mutantkind including the X-Men standing at his side. Determined to make this new dream of Krakoa prosper, Magneto must now make dealings with his former sworn enemy— humanity!

Ben Oliver, known for his seminal work on ULTIMATE X-MEN, is the perfect artist to capture the emotion behind Magneto’s new role as mutant ambassador. “It's been many years since I last worked on an X-Men related project, and I couldn't be happier than to be working with Jonathan,” Oliver said. “I've long been a fan of Jonathan's work, and Magneto as a character, so to collaborate on this project is fantastic.”

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: MAGNETO will be the second of five essential one-shots with the first, GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST debuting in February. Uniting Jonathan Hickman with the best artists in the industry, these stories are destined to be instant classics that fans won’t want to miss! Stay tuned for upcoming announcements about more GIANT-SIZE X-MEN issues coming your way next year and which of your favorite artists will be showcased next!
https://www.newsarama.com/48030-magneto-gets-giant-size-x-men-treatment-in-march.html

Hell Yeah!!! :dyo:
Moira: In this world, who determines what is truly good and what is truly evil?
Magnus: I do. I decide.
FUCKING BASED, spero di avere altri momenti di questo tipo! :rulezza:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Azrael

X-MEN: GIANT-SIZE - MAGNETO #1
JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • BEN OLIVER (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY ESAD RIBIC
HICKMAN & OLIVER MASTER MAGNETISM!
Jonathan Hickman continues his one-shots showcasing some of Marvel's best artists! This time, he teams with Ben Oliver (ULTIMATE X-MEN, THUNDERBOLTS) to bring a tale of Krakoan Ambassador and Master of Magnetism, Magneto! Krakoa may be only for mutants, but mutants still
need to deal with the human world around them. Magneto has a plan for that.
40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ ...$4.99

Man of Steel

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: NIGHTCRAWLER #1
Written by Jonathan Hickman
Art and cover by Alan Davis
HICKMAN AND DAVIS HAUNT THE XAVIER SCHOOL!
Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman teams with legendary artist Alan Davis (X–MEN, EXCALIBUR, AVENGERS) for an eerie tale of adventure! When the X–Men lose contact with the Greymalkin Habitat, it falls to Nightcrawler to lead a mission into the unknown!

With the X-Men now living with the rest of the planet's mutant population in the new nation-state of Krakoa, the site of Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters has largely been ignored during Dawn of X. However, Nightcrawler's new mission may have the swashbuckling superhero encounter ghosts from the X-Men's past as he makes an impromptu homecoming.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Man of Steel

Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto One-Shot Gets a New Artist
CitazioneThe upcoming Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto one-shot had its artist switched and its release date changed, X-Men writer Jonathan Hickman revealed.

In an interview posted on Adventures in Poor Taste, Hickman noted that they swapped the release order of Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto and Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler because original Magneto artist Ben Oliver is no longer available and Nightcrawler artist Alan Davis is very far ahead with his work. Due to the swap, Ramon Perez will be doing the art for Magneto.
This means that Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler will now be coming out on March 25 instead of the original solicitation date of April 14. Meanwhile, Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto will now be released on April 29. Perez is the new artist for Magneto while Davis will remain on Nightcrawler.

Although Hickman is delighted to have an opportunity to work with Ramon for the first time, he remarked that he will also miss the chance to have worked with Oliver. "So Ramon comes off the list of awesome people I'll haven't worked with yet and, unfortunately, Ben goes back on," Hickman lamented.

According to Marvel's solicitations, Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto #1 will show Magneto having to bargain "with his former sworn enemy - humanity!"

Giant-Size X-Men, named for the seminal 1975 special issue that kicked off Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum's franchise-defining run, is a five-issue series of one-shots, with each issue highlighting a different character from the X-Men roster. Jean Grey & Emma Frost, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Fantomex, and Storm will all be published under the Giant-Size X-Men banner.

The first Giant-Size X-Men one-shot, Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1, will go on sale February 26, 2020.

Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto One-Shot Gets a New Artist

CitazioneThe fifth and final Giant-Size X-Men one-shot will focus on Storm, with Hickman reteaming with Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost artist Russell Dauterman.

"Our last issue is a bookend by myself and Russell Dauterman. We're doing Giant-Size X-Men: Storm. (Which pays off the first issue and also features more characters than just Storm)," Hickman told Adventures in Poor Taste. "It really sets up what we're going to be doing with her for the next couple of years."

Storm is set to appear as an unofficial third lead in February 26's Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost, and Hickman himself argues that the one-shots' character subtitles aren't exactly accurate.

"We actually weren't going to do Giant-Size one-shots, they were going to be five annuals, written by me, of all the other 'Dawn of X' titles," Hickman explained. "However, there was some kind of concern about numbering, or solicitation, that would complicate that, so we switched to the title "Giant-Size," which then led to some other problem I can't remember and we eventually landed on Giant-Size: Character name.

"Which really only partially reflects the content of the books. I dunno what to say, this isn't a perfect world we live in."

Hickman hasn't specified when Giant-Size X-Men: Storm is to be released.

Brutte notizie per il numero di Mags, hanno cambiato l'artist e a me non piace molto, ma vabbe...

Mentre per quanto riguarda Storm, sarà l'ULTIMO numero di questa....mini?
Pensavo fosse una "ongoing", invece a quanto pare dovevano essere degli Annuals.
Ora, non so quale dovrebbe essere il primo pensiero giusto, ma il mio è che "quindi la Hickman-era sugli X-Men durerà ALMENO 5 anni?"
Interessante, ci sta i guess.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.