News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (USA)

Aperto da Lar Gand, 10 Agosto 2009, 16:43:17

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Nightmist e 6 Visitatori stanno visualizzando questa discussione.

Matches Malone

Blue Blatta

Su Catwoman mi era piaciuto abbastanza se non sbaglio :lolle:

Selina Kyle

Non sbagli (per una volta  :ahsisi:), non fa rimpiangere Cooke. :D

Una mela al giorno...

Matches Malone

Sul suo blog ci sono vari sketch, mi sembra abbia uno stile abbastanza cartoonesco:

Comunque non mi torna una cosa: Morrison aveva annunciato che a seguire Tan sarebbe stato Irving (e lo stesso Irving a luglio aveva scritto nel suo sito di aver ricevuto gli script di B&R), invece non sarà lui. Mi sa che ha abbandonato per la mini Arkham Reborn.

Murnau

Vendo vari Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.
                                                                                                                                    Il cielo sopra Berlino, 1987

Matches Malone

INTERVISTA A STEWART

IGN Comics: Cameron, let's go through the most obvious question – what led to your assignment on Batman and Robin? What appealed to you about the series?[/b]

Cameron Stewart: Well, very shortly after I'd heard Grant and Frank were working on Batman, I sent Grant an email gently suggesting that if they needed a fill-in artist I would be happy to volunteer. I did a few unsolicited sketches, which I posted up on my blog to see what reader reaction was, and it seemed to be generally positive. I was initially told, however, that the art chores were all booked up and disappointedly resigned myself to a Bat-free life, but then shortly before the San Diego Comic Con this year I got an official offer from B&R editor Mike Marts to draw an arc.

I get everything DC publishes sent to me in a big box every month but Batman & Robin is the only comic I make a point of going to the store to actually buy. Working on a huge high-profile book, featuring one of my all-time favourite comic characters, with my all-time favourite writer, and following designs by my all-time favourite artist, was the very definition of "no-brainer."

IGN Comics: This is, by our count, your fourth project with Grant Morrison, the most recent being Seaguy: Slaves of Mickey Eye. What draws you to working with Grant? How does his style differ from some of the other writers you've worked with? [/b]

Stewart: Grant's work is just endlessly imaginative and exhilarating to read, and he seems to have this uncanny ability to really get to the heart of these characters, understand what makes them work, and draw out these delightfully surprising nuances. I've always thought that in his superhero work in particular he comes up with ideas, character motivations, or plot devices that seem completely familiar and logical and yet also entirely original - they're totally new and fresh and yet it's astonishing that no-one's done them before. It makes this jaded comics artist really excited about these characters again.

Grant's the only writer with whom I've worked whose scripts are "collaborative," in that when I receive the script it's lacking fully written dialogue - generally it's temporary, placeholder dialogue which is solid enough for me to work from, but is often significantly re-written after I've turned in the art. Reading the final comic is still a new experience for me, even after having spent six weeks drawing it, and I can sometimes see where his dialogue has been directly influenced by what I've drawn, which gives me a greater feeling of being involved in the creative process.

IGN Comics: We're speaking pretty early so apologies if this is a bit premature – are you looking at any particular stylistic flourishes, changes or experiments when coming aboard Batman and Robin? What kind of tone are you looking to bring to the project? [/b]

Stewart: As I mentioned before, Frank Quitely is without a doubt my favourite comic artist, and so it's impossible for me not to be influenced by him ( if you're looking carefully, the influence can be seen in my other work also, not just Batman & Robin). I'm still trying to bring something of my own to it, though, so hopefully it won't appear as though I'm merely aping Frank's style. Ideally I want it to look consistent with Frank's work, yet also distinctly my own. My personal work has been getting looser and "cartoonier", for lack of a better word, but I don't think those traits would be received well on this project so I'm trying to draw in a cleaner, tighter style. I'm also seeing influence from some of my other artistic heroes. Mort Drucker, Frank Robbins, and Jack Davis.

IGN Comics: Fans will be looking at your first Batman and Robin cover as they read this – is there anything you can tell them about your arc on the book? You're on board for three issues, correct?[/b]

Stewart: Yes, issues #7 through 9. I don't want to say too much about it other than my first issue is set in England and has some fairly significant ties to the current Blackest Night storyline,

IGN Comics: As a fan, what's your feeling toward the new dynamic duo? How do they rank in your eyes when compared to other iterations? As a creator, how do you view and approach Dick and Damian? How does that play out artistically? [/b]

Stewart: Personally I love the new team - the inversion of the classic character dynamic so that Batman is the lighthearted one and Robin is the dark and brooding one is one of those ideas I mentioned earlier that seems so obvious and yet it's so dazzlingly fresh and exciting. I know there's a certain section of the fanbase that thinks it's sacrilege to have anyone other than Bruce wear the cowl but I think it's given the characters a much needed shot in the arm. After reading the first issue I was talking about it with my studiomate, Wednesday Comics Flash artist/writer Karl Kerschl, and we agreed that we'd be fine with it if Bruce stayed dead for a long while.

IGN Comics: Your work spans a very diverse lineup of genres, creators and concepts, from Seaguy to Hellblazer, from The Other Side to Catwoman. Is the Batman franchise one you could see yourself staying around? Would you ever be interested in a more long-term assignment to a Batman title?[/b]

Stewart: It depends - one of the things I'm very grateful for in my career is the opportunity to work on a wide variety of genres and experiment with many different styles, and I am always careful not to let myself do the same thing for too long lest I cease to be inspired. Having said that, if my work on Batman and Robin is well-received, and Grant wants me to do more with him, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't take much convincing.

I do have other projects in the pipeline, however, including the second volume of my "Apocalipstix" series for Oni Press with Ray Fawkes, my own ongoing webcomic series "Sin Titulo" which can be found at www.sintitulocomic.com, and of course working with Grant again on the third and final volume of Seaguy, "Seaguy Eternal."

Guardiano della Notte

da bleeding cool

CitazioneIt took a long and winding path to get to this story. But here we go.

The Search For Bruce Wayne. The Return of Batman. Two series by Grant Morrison kicking off from Summer 2010. After his apparent death (twice) and revelation that Bruce Wayne is stuck somewhen in the past (possibly crossing the spirit path of Captain America, I dunno) word is that DC will be bringing their world's greatest detective in rubber back in a series of series, the details of which are completely unknown (to me, I mean) save for their working titles (which may be old) and that it's all part of the Big Grant Morrison Batplan for 2010. For which, one day, I wish DC publish big hyperlinked blueprints. That would be nice.

Oh come on, how long did you think he'd be dead for anyway? And odds are there will be a number of clever surreal twists to this return to delight the senses. Enjoy...

Nothing official, obviously. Only rumors  ;)
ALL OF EXISTENCE SHALL BE MINE!

Nexus

Previously known as Andrea.

Matches Malone

Blue Blatta

Sì è uno stile molto cartoon! Infatti rende molto bene anche sui fumetti un pò più "vecchi" (come su quei numeri di Catwoman) dove non ci sono le sfumature!

Lar Gand

batman streets of gotham 4 preview Spoiler

by dini & nguyen:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Lar Gand

batgirl 2 preview Spoiler
by brian q miller & lee garbett:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Green Lantern

a me queste serie stan piacendo abbastanza, niente male.

nemo96

RED HOOD!!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Batman e Robin spacca sempre di più!

"E se Flash è davvero tornato... In questo universo non ci sono più regole da seguire." C. Cold

Matches Malone

Splendida cover di Sienkiewicz per Widening Gyre #4.