News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

The Visitor - di Paul Levitz

Aperto da Azrael, 18 Settembre 2019, 06:17:13

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

PAUL LEVITZ Brings THE VISITOR to VALIANT

"One of the things that I like, on my good days as a writer, is, I like to build good mystery stories," Levitz continued. "Some of the stories that are best remembered of mine were structurally mysteries, whether you're talking about [Legion of Super-Heroes storylines] 'The Great Darkness Saga,' or the Sensor Girl mystery. Structurally, this seems like a really interesting opportunity; the Visitor isn't tied to the Valiant Universe in any of the same ways that the original Visitor series was. It does have a tie, that you really don't need to know in order to enjoy the series. But there are some Easter eggs hidden in it. And ultimately the thing does connect back into the broader universe."

The Visitor #1 is due out in December. Look for Valiant's December 2019 solicitations later this month on Newsarama.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

THE VISITOR #1 (of 5)
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by MJ KIM
Cover A by AMILCAR PINNA
Cover B by RAÚL ALLÉN
Cover C by MICHAEL WALSH
Blank Cover Also Available
Preorder Edition Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
Unstoppable. Untraceable. Unkillable. This is how he changes the world...
Who is the Visitor? Why are the leaders of the world terrified of him? And will they live long enough to find out?
On sale DECEMBER 18 | 32 pages, full color | $3.99 US | T+

Azrael

Azrael

The Visitor #1 (Published by Valiant Entertainment; Review by Justin Partridge; 'Rama Rating: 6 out of 10):

Writer Paul Levitz joins "Team Valiant" with the intriguing, but reserved The Visitor #1. Mysterious freak accidents are plaguing New York. Starting with a bombing in the vicinity of the U.N., the city is put on high alert. Enter U.N. Security Service agent Talia Dauber, who is tasked with protecting a Japanese science team based out of Cornell, who are becoming increasingly paranoid that the accidents are targeted toward them. While the hook is fairly interesting, Levitz is keeping the really fun stuff, like the nature of the team's work and the titular Visitor themselves, too close to the chest to really dig into. Fortunately the artwork from MJ Kim and Diego Rodriguez pep up the plaintive script with realistic, lean artwork, highlighting the realistic spy pulp tone Levitz presents (but doesn't flesh out very well). While it is cool to see Valiant taking more chances with these standalone genre exercises, much like Britannia and Savage before this, but readers might want to wait until a follow-up issue can fully sell The Visitor better than this debut did.

Lumatt

Preso !
Ma leggerò tutto quando avrò tutti e 6 i numeri (è stato portato a 6 non 5).