News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

House of X/Powers of X (USA) di Hickman

Aperto da Man of Steel, 23 Marzo 2019, 22:34:20

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

katzenberg

Comunque il fatto è  che non sono
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Man of Steel

Come no?
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

katzenberg

Me lo fa pensare il fatto che qui si sia parlato

Man of Steel

Ahhh ok.

But what is light?

See what we want to see.

katzenberg

Eh, la faccenda è complicata.

Man of Steel

Non solo per un fatto ideologico, ma sopratutto perchè dopo la sua
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

katzenberg

No infatti mi riferivo ad entrambe le questioni.
Come sempre la spiegazione può essere che

Man of Steel

Ya know, viste le ultime rivelazioni...
X(avier) altro non è che un

Questo potrebbe essere un modo per legarsi al pg di X di Soule visto in Astonishing X-Men. :ahsisi:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Loki

Eccomi.
Giusto un po' in ritardo :asd:

Sospendo il giudizio definitivo - e ci mancherebbe - a dopo PoX#6, ma ad oggi, dopo 9 numeri su 12, devo ahimè confessarmi parecchio deluso.
Il concetto di base del gruppo è stato rivoluzionato, ma questo è il male minore. Primo perché sarà una situazione momentanea, secondo perché son comunque posizioni già precedentemente affrontate (Utopia, giusto per citare un esempio recente) e che ritengo in ogni caso plausibili per i personaggi (o il personaggio, visto che sostanzialmente è un one-man show) in gioco.
Il problema per me grave sta nel binomio personaggi-storia. E son bruttini entrambi.
I personaggi sostanzialmente non ci sono. Ciclope, Wolverine, Jean, ecc. sono INESISTENTI, mentre la Tempesta di HoX#5 voglio dimenticarla il prima possibile. Magneto ed Emma son gli unici un minimo caratterizzati, ma anche lì, ha giocato facile: li ha resi altezzosi e boriosi, con due-tre battute ben piazzate il gioco è fatto.
Poi c'è Xavier. Il one-man show a cui mi riferivo prima. È spudoratamente uguale al creatore degli Ultimates. Leggermente più OP visto che ora è praticamente Dio.

La trama, che di solito è il punto forte di Hickman, non mi sta affatto convincendo. Tante supercazzole volutamente ed inutilmente complicate, un vorrei-ma-non-posso fantascientifico/filosofico, traducibile in molto fumo e pochissimo arrosto. In particolare tutta la faccenda delle vite di Moira è assurda, son qua che aspetto - anche se temo che non ce la darà mai - una spiegazione logica con tanto di conseguenze su tutto l'universo Marvel. È qualcosa di troppo grosso e paradossale per essere messo in scena in un universo come quello della Marvel dove abitano migliaia di personaggi.

Mancano tre numeri e spero di ricredermi perché credevo tantissimo in questo rilancio, ma ad oggi la vedo così.

Azrael

Powers of X #5
Written by Jonathan Hickman
Art by R.B. Silva and Marte Gracia
Lettering by Clayton Cowles
Published by Marvel Comics
Review by David Pepose
'Rama Rating: 8 out of 10

Given that they are "two series that are one," Powers of X has had a different sort of symbiosis with House of X over the past few weeks. While House of X has had the showstopper moments - particularly, the death and resurrection of the X-Men - it's Powers of X that has had to pick up the check to justify and establish Jonathan Hickman's out-of-the-box concepts.

But I'll be honest - at this juncture, I don't think Hickman needs to prove anything to anyone, which does make the past two issues' interludes hamper the growing momentum of its sister series. Still, there's some strong world-building that Hickman and artist R.B. Silva bring to the table, as they set up some new status quos for some upcoming X-titles, but it also feels like a strange bit of housekeeping with only one more issue in the chamber.

In the previous issue of House of X, Hickman laid another game-changer on us, as we learned that not only had the X-Men mastered the power of resurrection, but Charles Xavier himself was the key - that he had used his ever-present Cerebro helmet to create psychic backups of every mutant mind on the planet. But I'd argue that having a flashback with Xavier chatting with Forge on how to build such an apparatus might be overstating the point in lieu of focusing on more interesting storytelling territory. We already know that Xavier is the most powerful telepath in existence, and we know that thanks to Moira MacTaggert, he's armed with knowledge of the future - do we need to explain how the tires are pumped on the Batmobile, as far as this upgraded Cerebro unit is concerned?

Yet I'd also be lying if I didn't admit that even if Hickman might be verging into navel-gazing territory with stuff like this, it's still well-written and engaging - he's juxtaposing real-world scientific concerns with kooky Marvel continuity in a way that forces readers to think. And in that regard, he skips from hard science to financial and business concerns, with another solid backup featuring Xavier and Magneto's recruitment of Emma Frost, which feels like a strong springboard for Gerry Duggan and Matteo Lolli's upcoming Marauders series. It's with these two stories that R.B. Silva really gets to flex his muscles, despite not having any action sequences of any kind — instead, he's able to play up the expressiveness and charisma for characters like Emma and Forge, who get to become the audience surrogates for peeling away the mystery Hickman's setting up here.

But these fledgling storylines still get a rough landing with Hickman's Phalanx storyline in the year 1000 - it's easily the most science-driven aspect of Powers of X thus far, but so far it's a storyline in search of an anchor or a punchline. We know the Phalanx are bad, so revealing that they might wipe out the planet as we know it feels obvious from the jump. Some of this is because this far-flung future hasn't given us any characters to connect with yet - I'm sure Hickman has a plan that will pay off either at the end of this series or in the upcoming Dawn of X, but it's a very long game he's playing with such limited real estate, especially when we haven't seen the excitement of Year 100 in quite some time.

While this issue of Powers of X might be slower than the shock and awe of House of X, it's not to diminish Hickman and Silva's work whatsoever - they're still bringing a level of deliberateness and intelligence to this series that we haven't seen in an X-book since probably the days of Grant Morrison. That said, I feel like Hickman might be selling his audience a little short with these lengthy explanations - call me naive, but I feel like his concepts are so unassailable that he doesn't need to justify them to anyone. With only two more issues of this maxiseries to go, Hickman and company can use all the storytelling real estate they can get - while Powers of X has been paying House of X's tab for a few issues now, I'm betting Hickman has something special saved for this series' last hurrah.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Powers of X #5 (Published by Marvel Comics; Review by Pierce Lydon; 'Rama Rating: 7 out of 10)

It's clear that Powers of X walks so that House of X can run at this point. That's not to say this isn't an enjoyable issue, though - writer Jonathan Hickman has fallen into a pattern of revealing how we get to big HoX moments in the pages of PoX and it's a neat bit of filling in the gaps. This issue helps flesh out Emma Frost's involvement and Namor's status amongst all these mutant happenings. We also get some great info about Cerebro's capabilities. Artist R.B. Silva turns in some good looking pages especially during Xavier and Forge's meeting under the sea with tons of creatures swimming around outside their bubble. If there's a knock on this book it's that Silva seems to draw everyone's eyebrows the same, which gives all of his facial expressions work a very similar tinge, while Hickman's plotting with the Phalanx has been coming at a glacial pace. It's understandable if that part has been leaving you cold. But overall, Hickman continues to take the X-Men in a bold direction and the finales of HoX and PoX are sure to be a doozy.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

Letto PoX #5
Numero a tutti gli effetti di passaggio, ma che...serve appunto per portare avanti la trama, quindi non esattamente filler.
E niente, non c'è molto da dire...
Interessanti alcune scelte cretive prese da Hickman tho. :ahsisi:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

katzenberg

L'ho letto anche io e pur essendo un numero di costruzione mi è piaciuto davvero molto.
Personalmente credo e spero che sia questo lo status da quale Hickman partirà per raccontarci la sua regular.
Sto adorando come l'autore sta cercando di darci sempre una spiegazione accurata di quello che ha creato e quindi mi è piaciuta molto
Per quanto mi riguarda continuo ad essere entusiasta e sono sicuro che avremo ancora delle belle sorprese da qua alla fine!

Kenshiro

Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Tankorr

Ultimo numero davvero moscio.

Sostanzialmente dei dettagli sugli eventi già visti.

....dai Professor HichX, tira fuori la ciccia  :jean:

éala éarendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended