Batman: The Court of Owls (USA) di Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 10:14:53

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

Questa cover rimane bella lo stesso e io ne ho approfittato per cambiare momentaneamente look  :wub:
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Azrael il 20 Settembre 2011, 23:12:29
Questa cover rimane bella lo stesso e io ne ho approfittato per cambiare momentaneamente look  :wub:

e bravo Az  :ahsisi:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Dude

A me piace tutto tranne il cilindro che batman ha al posto della faccia  :look:

Mi spiegate il cambio di copertina? A me sembra sempre la stessa  :mmm:

Matches Malone

CBR ha promosso il primo numero con 5 stelle :sisi:

Green Hankey

ho finito da un pezzo le parole per Snyder. Spero solo che prima o poi scriva un numero di merda di una delle sue  serie per farci capire che è umano  :lolle:

Bruce Wayne

Citazione di: Dude il 21 Settembre 2011, 01:50:16
Mi spiegate il cambio di copertina? A me sembra sempre la stessa  :mmm:

La prima cover era questa:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

La cover nuova è questa:

Green Hankey

Pure comicvine ha dato 5 su 5 anche se non lo ritenete obiettivo  :lolle:

Dude

Citazione di: Bruce Wayne il 21 Settembre 2011, 09:44:43
Citazione di: Dude il 21 Settembre 2011, 01:50:16
Mi spiegate il cambio di copertina? A me sembra sempre la stessa  :mmm:

La prima cover era questa:

La cover nuova è questa:

Grazie mille!  :D

ma no diamine!! Non mi piace molto la definitiva  :cry: E dire che l'avevo ordinato e ho comprato pure una cornice a vetro per appenderlo in stanza  :cry: che palle  :tsk:

Azrael

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 21 Settembre 2011, 07:59:00

Mi fa piacere  :batman:

Citazione di: Reverse Hankey il 21 Settembre 2011, 09:48:40
Pure comicvine ha dato 5 su 5 anche se non lo ritenete obiettivo  :lolle:

Ken sei sempre tu  :asd:

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Azrael il 21 Settembre 2011, 10:54:15
Citazione di: Matches Malone il 21 Settembre 2011, 07:59:00

Mi fa piacere  :batman:

Citazione di: Reverse Hankey il 21 Settembre 2011, 09:48:40
Pure comicvine ha dato 5 su 5 anche se non lo ritenete obiettivo  :lolle:

Ken sei sempre tu  :asd:

lo ammetto. Ci sono io dietro a tutti i 4 e 5 su comicvine  :evilgrin:

Sinestro

effettivamente la nuova cover rende meno della precedente...

"L'universo è un luogo oscuro e pericoloso. Un luogo dominato da passioni sfrenate e volontà ferree, da disuguaglianze e imposizioni, da violenza e ingiustizia. Gli esseri senzienti hanno tentato di portare ordine nel caos delle loro vite ispirandosi ai diversi archetipi emozionali dello spettro di luce. Inconsapevoli, ignoranti, hanno scelto di vivere la propria esistenza ispirandosi all'amore, alla speranza, alla rabbia, o alla paura. La paura. Nei miei lunghi viaggi attraverso le galassie non sono riuscito a trovare nulla di così abbagliante, di così tremendamente intenso. Impossibile da dominare, si può invece abbracciare per uno scopo più alto. La paura della punizione può scongiurare il crimine. La paura del fallimento può spingere all'eccellenza. La paura della repressione scongiura un comportamento violento. La paura del futuro costruisce un solido presente. La paura è ordine nel caos, è luce nell'oscurità.
Il mio nome è Thaal Sinestro di Korugar. Io sono la Paura."

Thaal Sinestro di Korugar, Leader Supremo delle Lanterne Gialle

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Sinestro il 21 Settembre 2011, 10:59:39
effettivamente la nuova cover rende meno della precedente...

non capisco perchè Capullo l'ha voluta cambiare. Tanto sicuramente per ristampa useranno quella cestinata  :lolle:

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero

(Variant)

This issue delivers the familiar Dark Knight we all know while completely setting the stage for a new era. An amazing combination of a new and old feel seamlessly meshed together in a stunning first issue.

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo give you what you expect, a Batman book that will make you happy to be reading comics. If there were any concern over the future of the Batman Universe in DC's 'The New 52,' they are all wiped away here.
The Good

Gotham City is a force to be reckoned with. Scott Snyder has stated that Batman's relationship with the city will be a focus in the series. We all know it's not just a regular city and it's about time we fully see that. Are there any changes made to Batman's character as part of 'The New 52'? Yes but Batman is still Batman. From the opening scene brilliantly illustrated by Greg Capullo, you will see Batman fighting the inmates at Arkham Asylum.

Within a few pages, Snyder and Capullo give us a very clear indication of what we can expect from them. Seeing the way the pages unfold will surprise you that this is the first time the two have worked together. We see Batman's rogues gallery, Arkham Asylum, the Batcave, Wayne Manor, Commissioner Gordon the Robins (past and present). All of this while making a clear statement on the direction of the series.

We see old villains, but what about new ones? Read the issue to find out. It is a great jumping on point. Snyder is determined to make it accessible to even those that have never read a Batman comic. It's hard to try to look at the issue from that standpoint but I'd have to say he succeeds.

Capullo's art oozes out the excitement that he and Snyder have over creating this issue. There is a big flashy vibe while we also have some very dark corners present throughout. It's the superhero book you want but will have elements that just might give you shivers.

And there is a crazy cliffhanger. It's insane.
The Bad

Seriously? There's nothing bad. After Snyder's run on Detective Comics, this is exactly the Batman book I wanted.
The Verdict

It's another home run for Scott Snyder. He showed us what he could do with Dick Grayson as Batman and now we're seeing the beginning of what he has in store for Bruce. Batman is in safe hands with Snyder and the addition of Capullo adds a new element to Gotham City. Capullo's art is big and over the top yet has elements showing that Snyder has no plans on easing up on the darker stories. Within a few pages, Snyder and Capullo answer pretty much every question we might have on the state of the Batman Universe while introducing elements that are clearly going to change and take Batman to a new level. Reading this issue made me giddy as a kid reading comics for the first time. With Snyder, you know there is so much underneath the surface and even if you can't see what's there, knowing that they're there will amp up your level of excitement. Readers that have never picked up a Batman issue can easily step in here and know what's going on. It's great for both new and old readers. Neither should feel frustration as the issue appeals to both. I could go on some more but I think I'll just give the issue another read instead.

5 Stelle su 5 (Batman #1)

Da CVine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When it comes to Gotham, you don't know it, brother, it knows you."

That comes from Harvey Bullock, and precedes a revelation that makes a mystery quite personal for Batman. The last two pages of this book, above and beyond any other piece, is a nice encapsulation of this new post-relaunch Batworld. The supporting cast is present, mysteries abound, and Batman is set on edge, which as we all know makes for the best Batman stories.

Following Scott Snyder's work with the Dick Grayson Batman over on "Detective Comics" for the past year, it only makes sense to give Snyder a chance to see what makes the "real" Batman -- Bruce Wayne -- tick. Snyder delivers some great moments in this first issue that features both Bruce and Batman, and in doing so seems to be giving us a slice of what's to come in his time on this series.

For Batman to be surprised by a clue, and to have that clue hit so very close to home, epitomizes the loneliness Batman has established around himself. This mystery, this threat, is going to force Batman to take a harsh look at those around him and the city he lives in.

What makes this issue even better is the fact that Snyder drops a phalanx of Batman's rogues in on the first several pages and also showcases some fabulous WayneTech in action. As mentioned, this is a nice sampling of the status of the Batman corner.

Capullo's art is so animated, with cartoon-like sensibilities and motion, but with a hypnotic level of detail. The combination works well with Batman. The cartooniness might chase some people away from this story, but I think it helps the story pop off the page, adding a level of optimism that might not be present with any other artist. Capullo simply fills the panels with detail. In the latter half of the book, when Batman takes action, he's joined in the air by scads of bats. Again, it seems a little cartoony, but the visual would only work -- and work well, it does -- here in comics.

Capullo's Two-Face is hideous and revolting, but in a manner that is compelling and interesting to look at. The detail isn't simply for the sake of business, as seems to be the case on so many other books in this relaunch, as much as it is to deepen the world and add intensity to it.

The colors and letters nicely compliment Capullo's work. Plascencia's colors fit right in with Capullo's lines, and the end result is a visually stunning, but dark, book. Richard Starkings and Jimmy Betancourt deliver textbook examples of what lettering should be like for Batbooks. I've never been a fan of mixed case lettering in comic books, but for the caption boxes, it works nicely alongside the more traditional lettering used for the word balloons.

Snyder and Capullo do a great job bringing the entire Batcast in and giving them all a moment -- Alfred, Dick, Bullock, Gordon -- it's like a Len Wein-directed "How To Introduce a New Universe." There's enough here, kept at a high enough level to make it interesting and viable across media and digestible enough for even the most novice DC Universe reader.

My oldest child, who just turned 14, is a huge Batfan, based largely on what she's seen in the movies. She has seen "The Dark Knight" more than the years she's been alive. She did read the Bryan Q. Miller "Batgirl" every month, but we all know that's no longer an option. Drawn in solely by the cover image, she nabbed my copy of this and a half hour later was bounding down the stairs to talk about the issue. Score one for DC and score one for Snyder and Capullo in finding a new fan.

The one part of the book that hit me closest to home was Wayne's promise of a better Gotham. Wayne's words are akin to the promises I've been hearing in Detroit for as long as I've been here. I recently started working downtown and am watching the city find its way back. It's kicking and biting, clawing and pulling hair, but it doesn't want to be kicked anymore. I read Snyder's Gotham and I feel my Detroit.

It sure would be nice to have a hero like Batman and a personality like Bruce Wayne to help spark that interest. If we take Bullock's words to heart, though, there just may be some pretty big surprises ahead for Gotham, Wayne and Batman. At least from the end of this issue, it certainly looks like we've got some surprises coming up.

5 Stelle su 5 (Batman #1)

Da CBR

Green Hankey

Captain America

Ma pure sto numero finisce con un cliffhanger?  :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:
Allora tutte le testate di Batman hanno un cliffanger, quelle delle LV cambiano l'universo ogni tot. C'è da dire che almeno sono d'accordo su come comportarsi  :D