News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Deadpool (USA) di Way, AA.VV

Aperto da Azrael, 03 Giugno 2011, 12:17:50

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

Guess what? Deadpool is still killing heroes left and right. But what is this all about? What are his plans afterwards if no one can stop him?
The Good
Deadpool's rarely been taken seriously. I don't mean that since he's always cracking jokes. Actually, in part of that, he's not really seen as a deadly character. He is a killer and has gone toe to toe with the likes of Wolverine and others. If anything, this series is showing what Deadpool could be capable of. He's killing and killing a lot.

After all the heroes he's killed in the first two issues, you would almost think there isn't anyone left. But the title does state he's killing the Marvel Universe. There are deaths that have occurred off screen as well.

Rather than simply be a miniseries with Deadpool set out to kill everyone, there is someone hoping to put a stop to him (as we saw last issue). This individual may have what it takes to stop him and rather than take on Deadpool head on immediately, some thought and investigation is going into the plan first.

As dark as the story is, it's not something to take seriously. This is Deadpool wiping out the heroes we all know. If you've ever wondered what Deadpool is capable of and how he would actually go about trying to kill everyone, this is where you'll find out.

The Bad
Could Deadpool really kill everyone the way he is? This is where it's a matter of how seriously are we supposed to take this? For example, last issue, he manages to pull a gun on Spider-Man to blow his head off. There was no sign of his spider-senses going off. Here, he's easily killing heroes that have faced bigger threats than him. It's a matter of suspension of disbelief and all but he's making it all look so easy. It's all too easy and maybe it's because his head is a little more straightened out but he's more prepared for everyone than Batman would be. He's doing what teams of powerful supervillains couldn't do. But that's sort of the point, right?

The Verdict
With one more issue and a confrontation between Deadpool and the one person willing to take him on, it's unclear how this will play out. This isn't meant to be a comic to take seriously as Deadpool is easily taking out all of the Marvel Universe's most powerful heroes. Deadpool's never been more cruel or vicious and it makes you wonder what could he do in a normal story if he was allowed to. I'm still on the fence with the series as a whole. This isn't the Deadpool I'm used to reading, but it's not meant to be. If you're looking for Deadpool to cut loose against everyone, this is a series you'll want to check out.

4/5

CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

PREVIEW: DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #4

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Azrael

Deadpool and his wacky shenanigans continue. He still is without his healing factor and has Black Tom hot on his tail.
The Good
I wasn't crazy about Deadpool losing his healing factor and scarred face. As I read more of this arc, I'm actually finding myself enjoying it. Regardless of what he looks like, Daniel Way continues to make the stories funny and fun. With Deadpool having a normal face, there's actually more opportunity for Salva Espin to express Deadpool's goofy nature with expressions alone. Only Deadpool can get into situations like he does here. The decisions he makes is why we love his so.

With Black Tom chasing after him and being depowered, we're seeing Deadpool on the other end of the chase. Normally he's doing more of the chasing rather than being pursued on on the defensive. It all adds to Way's plan to actually bring us a slightly different sort of Deadpool story. He's still trying to cope with the fact that he can be seriously injured (his little finger still hasn't regrown because that's not something normal severed fingers can do). We know this state likely isn't join got last. As Marvel NOW quickly approaches, it's up in the air what will happen to Deadpool and if his current non-healing factor state will continue. Whatever the case, Way should be commended for the number of consistent and humorous issues he's given us.

The Bad
There's no reason why Deadpool wouldn't want a burrito but it's almost hard to imagine since we all know how much he loves chimichangas. Then again, it could just be a matter of the convenience store he was at only carrying burritos. I suppose I wouldn't think to get a chimichanga at one.

Is Black Tom one of my favorite villains? Nope. But his presence does allow for some witty comments from Deadpool. There's nothing major that happens in here to affect Deadpool's future but that's okay. It's still a fun story.

The Verdict
This comic is ridiculous, but in a good way. I didn't think I could enjoy Deadpool stories with him being drastically changed as much as I am. Daniel Way has managed to continue to deliver great Deadpool stories. Even when we had so much Deadpool being thrown in our faces and several different series, this is the one that survived, and with good reason. This is a Deadpool we haven't really seen. There are definite familiar elements. He is still the same zany character but the absence of his healing factor and non-scarred face adds a different element to him. This has allowed for the stories to take a slightly different approach but importantly, they're still funny. I don't want to think about the end of Daniel Way's run coming up but all good things must come to an end. As for how this arc will end, I'm on the edge of my seat.

4/5

CVine

emmeemmeesse

Ma Deadpool Kills blablabla fa parte della serie regolare?
Sapete Daniel Way dove approderà dopo la partenza da questa bellissima testata?
I think this just might be my masterpiece. (Q. Tarantino)

Azrael

Will this be the last Marvel comic made since Deadpool is killing everyone? Find out how Deadpool's crazy journey ends and what could possibly happen next.
The Good
There's no denying that Deadpool is not a character to be taken seriously all the time. When a miniseries sets out to have a character kill every single other character in their universe, you know there's a bunch of shenanigans on the way. Once you get over that fact, it becomes a question of how exactly the character, Deadpool in this case, will actually proceed and succeed in killing everyone off. We should always expect the unexpected when it comes to Deadpool but since his mind was 'adjusted' in the first issue, it's been brutal death after brutal death. There's a reason the cover states this isn't for kids.

This four-issue miniseries has had a little more than simply Deadpool killing everyone. In earlier issues, Taskmaster was given the...task of going after and stopping Deadpool. What character would be better suited for this job? There is a history between the two and Taskmaster is often overlooked at the potential he has an opponent.

Throughout the issue, you can't help but feel the despair knowing and seeing these characters dying and getting killed in this 'universe.' Of course there still is a lot of goofiness in the fact that Deadpool has been able to get as far as he does.

How does the story end? I'm obviously not going to spoil it. When I started, I was thinking there was only one way this could all end. Going through and reading the end, I realized that there were in fact several different ways it could have played out. What happens here is completely fitting for Deadpool.

The Bad
Now that the story is over, where do we go from here? I mentioned in past reviews that I was a little bothered at this portrayal of Deadpool. The full potential of what he can do is being shown, even if some situations have been a bit of a stretch. Deadpool can be a funny character but should also be seen as a threat. With these types of "kill the entire universe" story, the question is, would you read it again? For me, once was enough. It was an interesting ride but I don't know if I'd feel the urge to go back and check it out again.

The ending felt a little abrupt. Clearly there is still plenty more characters that could have been killed off. Maybe we'll see a sequel with that addressed. I would have preferred a little more in terms of a story rather than death after death. But then again, all the crazy killings is the biggest draw here.

The Verdict
Deadpool set out to kill everyone. This is the last issue but it can be said that he doesn't actually kill every single Marvel character. There are still more so perhaps we'll see a sequel someday. This isn't an issue or series to be taken completely seriously. By that I mean we know Deadpool couldn't actually kill some or most of the characters as easily as he did in this series. This is meant to be an absurd story where Deadpool is able to step up his game and do the unexpected at a whole new level. The fashion that the characters die is the key in making the story worth noting. The big question is where will the story leave you afterwards? Is this a story you'll want to read again? Clearly there can't be any repercussions for the future of Deadpool or other characters since this doesn't take place in the proper 616 universe. It will make you look at Deadpool a little differently. A stronger conclusion would have been preferable but perhaps we'll see a continuation to these events.

3/5

CVine

Azrael

PREVIEW: DEADPOOL #60

Azrael

Is Deadpool really a "bad guy"? Also, when will he learn that he no longer has his healing factor? Find out in the latest issue of his ongoing.
The Good
The issue opens with a look back at Wade's childhood and a conversation between Wade's school Principal and his father. During the discussion, the Principal implies that Wade's behavior is pretty terrible and that she doesn't see him changing any time soon. Flash forward to the present where Wade is up against two guys who want him dead; Black Box and Black Tom Cassidy; we learn from the scene in the next few pages that not a whole heck of a lot has changed. Wade clearly hasn't matured -- or he really does just have "mental problems." Regardless, if you find a little part of yourself that is still immature, then chances are you'll be chuckling as you read the the panels and scenes that follow. Typical Deadpool just being Deadpool, proving once again with scenes like this that he is completely ridiculous, and very funny; even if he is sometimes just boiled down to a few fart jokes. The art in these first few pages definitely helped convey the goofiness of the scene, and just how absolutely ridiculous Deadpool really is. Deadpool fans will at least be entertained by the crude humor -- in the first half of the issue.

The Bad
As funny and goofy as those first scenes in this issue were, this book did feel a little bit rushed. For someone who uses the heck out of Deadpool's "fourth wall," Way didn't really do a of that in here. There were moments I felt that the creative team really just wanted to get the issue over with and move the story along. The fact that Black Swan was able to so quickly manipulate certain characters felt a little bit like an easy way out to push the plot forward.

Also, is he (Deadpool) really the good guy? I mean, does he really think that of himself? There are certain moments in this issue that just feel a little bit hard to believe, and you have to wonder whether Deadpool is smarter than he's given credit for in this issue. Stupid funny, sure, but he's not that dumb, is he? Goofy, yes. Always getting into trouble? Alright. But if he was really stupid, he wouldn't be able to get out of a lot of the situations he finds himself in.

The Verdict
This issue is definitely funny in a goofy way, but I didn't find it was one of Way's strongest. Is was entertaining and silly, but it felt like it was rushed through. Like the creative team took the easy way out of the situation in order to move the story forward. The interaction between Black Swan -- while interesting -- wasn't entirely believable. There was definitely something lacking in this issue. It would have been better if the creative team took things a little bit slower.

3/5

CVine

Kaos

Curiosità..

Ma la serie DeadPool killks the marvel universe" sara edita in italia in collezione 100% o sarà presente a puntate sugli spillati pubblicati in futuro tra qualche anno?
...e mentre io mi nutro di fastidio, lui si mangia la mia vita

Azrael

PREVIEW: DEADPOOL #61

Deadpool

Citazione di: Gidan il 09 Settembre 2012, 17:02:52
Curiosità..

Ma la serie DeadPool killks the marvel universe" sara edita in italia in collezione 100% o sarà presente a puntate sugli spillati pubblicati in futuro tra qualche anno?
Non credo proprio finirà sugli spillati, visto che non è una lettura adatta ad un pubblico giovane (NOT FOR KIDS), credo invece verrà pubblicata in collezione 100% o un formato simile  :sisi:

Azrael

A near decade long rivalry with Deadpool leads a former FBI agent to take matters into her own hands. Oh, and Hit Monkey, too.
The Good
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. One of the things that I think really stood out to me was Daniel Way's versatility as a writer. If you had any doubt that the man could write some more serious dialogue, then you should definitely pick up this issue. DEADPOOL #61 manages to eloquently merge a more serious storyline with the goofiness of Deadpool. The tone fluctuates effortlessly in this book and it is written really clearly and really well.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Deadpool has made plenty of enemies over the years; some of them more obvious than others. The latest rivalry is one he likely knows nothing about. A former FBI agent caught in the line of fire while on the job becomes trapped and is confined to a wheelchair thanks to Deadpool's reckless behavior. It's clear that the character is definitely bitter and defiant, so from the moment she is introduced early on in the issue I got the sense that there was more to her than she was letting on. And I was right. There's a lot of great dialogue and action, and although Deadpool does make an appearance, this issue's focus is moreso on the background of his adversary than it is on him. It's clear, however, that the next issue's focus will likely revert back to the infamous 'Merc with a mouth.'

This comic is really well organized. The story jumps around a bit but not in a confusing way. The flashbacks and the change of scenery are well written.

The Bad
Who doesn't love Hit Monkey? Any Deadpool fan holds a special place in their comic-loving heart for the goofy character, and most people are thrilled at the chance of seeing him grace the pages of our Marvel comics. Having said that, I am not quite sure how I feel about him here. I enjoyed the break-up in the story starring Deadpool and Hit Monkey, but I don't know why it happened. Why was he in this issue at all? It just felt really random.

I am not the biggest fan of Ale Garza, I feel the women in his books look a little bit plastic, even if it does sort of fit here.

The Verdict
I liked this issue more than many other issues of DEADPOOL. I felt like the balance between the Deadpool story and the background story of the villain that is on his heels is pretty good. The comic is well organized and well structured even with the fluctuation in the tone of the issue. It's really easy to read and the perfect jumping on point for new readers. I am definitely excited to see the next issue and to find out what will happen to the character next.

4/5

CVine

Azrael

PREVIEW: DEADPOOL #62

Azrael

PREVIEW: DEADPOOL #63

emmeemmeesse

Sono tutti fortissimi i disegnatori di Deadpool.  :sisi:
I think this just might be my masterpiece. (Q. Tarantino)

Azrael

Being that this is the final issue of Deadpool, where will it leave our favorite goofball Merc?
The Good
There are a few things I enjoyed about this issue. First off, I like the art; I think it really fits the tone and the mood of the character in this comic. I found that it was really entertaining. This isn't a serious book, so seeing Deadpool drawn as this elongated, rubbery looking character was actually really cool. I thought Filipe Andrade did a really fantastic job.

In great DEADPOOL fashion, this is a funny issue. What was great about this comic is that it wasn't just Deadpool that was entertaining and funny, but the supporting characters have enough of an entertaining (and equally obnoxious) sense of humor as well. I thought that the characters really meshed will together and that overall, this was a good read. I think one of the things I really liked about this issue is the portrayal of Deadpool as an actually rather intelligent character. A lot of the time we get the sense that Deadpool is this really lucky and really goofy guy, but he's also not stupid. His intelligence isn't something we always see and it really felt like Way played to the character's strengths in this comic.

The Bad
I sort of wish that Daniel Way had gone into more detail about Alison Kemp's story. I think that she is a character that had a lot of potential to do a lot of cool things and she could have been a character with a more interesting backstory, but we didn't get to see much of it. Based on this issue, it feels like DEADPOOL as a series just ends very abruptly. It doesn't feel like a definitive end to his story, which is disappointing. This issue not only marks the end of thise story arc (which in my opinion could have been fleshed out in more than just a couple of issues) as well as Daniel Way's run on the character. After, what, five years on the title; Way's DEADPOOL doesn't actually feel like it's over, and I think that's a pretty big problem. I get that the character needs to move on in the hands of another creative team, but there could have been a much smoother transition than this one, I think. This issue just sort of ends and leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions.

Alison Kemp seems like she really could have been developed into this interesting character. For a woman who is so accomplished (having climbed the ranks of Interpol as she states in the issue), I would expect her to have been swayed by more than just a short blurb of a speech by Deadpool. That's not really giving her character a whole lot of credit, unfortunately. She had (maybe still has) potential to be interesting, but the fact that she is so impressionable makes her look really weak.

The Verdict
This issue wasn't great, but it wasn't bad, either. I think Way does a good job keeping Deadpool funny while trying to talk some sense into Alison Kemp's character. I think that the pacing is pretty good; it doesn't feel too rushed and the art is really appropriate for the tone of Way's writing. However, there was a lot lacking in Alison's character. Like I mentioned above, if we are to believe that she's this really accomplished character, then it's strange to see her so easily swayed by Deadpool's speech at the end of the issue. Furthermore, it doesn't feel like a definitive end to his story arc or to Way's run; at least not like it should. I think overall, this story could have ended and Way should have used another issue to close the chapter on the character he's been writing for so long; but that's just my opinion.

3/5

CVine