Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Superman Beyond (USA)

Aperto da Bruce Wayne, 12 Maggio 2011, 16:37:44

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Lucifer

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n

Silver Surfer

Sembra interessante e per completezza con Batman Beyond credo proprio che lo prenderò.
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.

Azrael

Preview: Superman Beyond #0

Variant:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Silver Surfer

Certo che i disegni di Frenz (definirli "datati" è un complimento) non mi sembra aiutino molto la promozione di questo titolo...
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.

Azrael

Citazione di: Darkseid il 24 Agosto 2011, 15:52:23
Certo che i disegni di Frenz (definirli "datati" è un complimento) non mi sembra aiutino molto la promozione di questo titolo...

hanno lo stile del cartoon  :ahsisi:

Batmonio

preferisco la prima copertina a quella Variant  :sisi:

Silver Surfer

Citazione di: Batman il 24 Agosto 2011, 15:53:05
Citazione di: Darkseid il 24 Agosto 2011, 15:52:23

hanno lo stile del cartoon  :ahsisi:
Sicuramente si ispira a quello, ma il tratto di Frenz e le chine di Buscema mi riportano all'Uomo Ragno anni '90...

Citazionepreferisco la prima copertina a quella Variant
In effetti credo che sia logico preferire Nguyen a Frenz (anche se sembra più Luke Ross). Non è che le copertine sono invertite e la variant è quella di Dustin? Credo sarebbe il primo caso in cui la regular è meglio della variant...

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero

From the world of Batman Beyond comes the return of Superman! He said he was going to retire but thankfully he has been brought back for this zero issue. The issue is a fun read and shows us that there can be entertaining stories told from the future of the DC Universe.

Superman Beyond finally comes out of retirement. How could the Man of Tomorrow really call it quits when there is still so much crime to deal with. This issue shows that we could all benefit from more Beyond titles.
The Good

We need to see more of the Batman Beyond world. Superman may have decided to retire or travel to other planets but that just never felt right for his character. Earth is his home and there is still plenty of crime to take care of. Somehow I completely missed that Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema were the creative team. It makes sense as they have spent plenty of time working on the future of the Marvel Universe with the Spider-Girl series.

The story here reestablishes Superman as a hero on Earth. It doesn't contain the biggest, most spectacular villain we might expect but the story was fun. Seeing other characters from this world was a nice touch to show us that they are all connected. Some, like the appearance of Terry McGinnis, might feel like glorified cameos but they are needed to tie everything together.
The Bad

I mentioned the villain. He is a formidable opponent for Superman. His story might be cliché but he serves the purpose of bringing Superman back in action in the public. We see the Justice League Unlimited team as well. Even though they've had some appearances in the recent Batman Beyond series and have their roots from the animated series, I still haven't warmed up to them. I haven't really seen them do anything that has won me over. When we do see Superman Beyond again, I really hope that something can be done with the team to make them more appealing to me.
The Verdict

If you've been wanting more comics from the Batman Beyond world, here it is. Superman comes out of retirement and there are plenty of guest stars here to welcome him back. The choice of a villain for Superman isn't overly spectacular but he provides a good foil for the Man of Steel and helps set things up for his permanent return. The fact that the creative team is the same from the MC2 Spider-Girl series is a nice touch as those gentlemen have plenty of experience in writing future stories. I wasn't completely blown away with this issue but I did have fun reading it and that is what matters when reading a comic.

(4 Stelle su 5)

Da CVine

Bruce Wayne

Finito di leggere stamattina.

Bellissimo numero. E' distillato puro di Superman.

Il nostro Clark lo adorerebbe.  :sisi:

Lois Lane

spero di leggerlo un giorno allora ^_^

Green Hankey

spero che nel 2012 torni in una serie mensile insieme a Bats. Il mondo Beyond è carino  :ahsisi:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Silver Surfer

Letto sabato il numero zero. Come trama è abbastanza classica (per non dire banale), ossia

ma nonostante tutto è ricco di spunti interessanti, come le riflessioni di Superman sulla sua vita fino ad allora ed il suo rapporto con Bruce.
In effetti i disegni di Frenz non aiutano più di tanto, ma alla fine credo che una serie regolare ci starebbe anche bene.

Azrael

Green Hankey

ecco perchè Krul ha lasciato GA  :dsi:

Spero che Superman Beyond sia bello e magari più cagato di Captain Atom
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Azrael

Ieri è uscito il #1

Clark guarda che tavola  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: