News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Vertigo: Progetti Futuri

Aperto da Lar Gand, 10 Agosto 2009, 16:59:03

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Lar Gand

The original MADAME XANADU team of Eisner nominees Matt Wagner and Amy Reeder Hadley is back! Bringing to my mind a certain AMC TV show, this month's issue is full of fashion . . . and unexplained occurrences. When the gloss and polish of a 1950s Madison Avenue exec's wife begins to tarnish she needs more than a pair of pants.

Check out the cover and these gorgeous pages from issue #16:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Lar Gand

GEORGE PEREZ realizza una doppia cover per WildCats #19 and The Authority #18.

Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Lar Gand

Lar Gand

Citazione di: Lar Gand il 23 Ottobre 2009, 18:33:20
GEORGE PEREZ realizza una doppia cover per WildCats #19 and The Authority #18.

Tim Seeley emula Perez

Doktor Sleepless

Io mi sto leggendo Greek Street, sono arrivato al terzo numero.
E' una goduria.

Lar Gand

Fables: The New Adventures of Cinderella
One of Fabletown's coolest characters is finally getting her own solo project.

October 29, 2009 - There are some Fables characters we simply can't get enough of. More often than not, those characters eventually become central to Bill Willingham's larger narrative, starring in several arcs, or even original graphic novels, in the case of Snow White and (soon) Bigby Wolf. But one character has managed to dodge the limelight save for a couple small storylines - Cinderella. From the moment we saw her, um, interactions with Ichabod Crane, we've been in love with the assassin/spy/saboteur. And since that day, we've wanted more. To be quite honest, we wish she had Jack's ongoing series. Alas...

Next week, Cindy is finally getting her due - a six issue mini-series from House of Mystery and Jack of Fables contributor Chris Roberson. Roberson is teaming with legendary artist Shawn McManus and rookie cover artist Chrissie Zullo for an adventure that will finally explore the life of the elusive secret agent. IGN chatted with Roberson via e-mail for his thoughts on the title.

IGN Comics: Chris, let's discuss the basic plot of Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love. Cindy is sent on yet another daring assignment. Where is she off to and why?

Chris Roberson: The mini-series begins just after the end of the war against the Adversary, when the various Fables homelands have been thrown into chaos. The sheriff of Fabletown, Beast, learns that there is a growing black market in illicit magical items streaming into the Mundy world from points unknown, which threatens to expose the existence of the Fables.

It's Cindy's job to find the source of the black market magics and put a stop to the trafficking. Frau Totenkinder, who is "Q" to Cindy's "007," outfits her with a few magical items of her own and then she's off and running.

IGN Comics: How did you come to work on the Fables franchise? What was your first exposure to the book?

Roberson: I was a Fables fan before there was a Fables comic. Bill Willingham, Matt Sturges, and I (along with Mark Finn) were members of a writing group in Austin years ago, Clockwork Storybook, that got started right around the time that Vertigo was first putting together Proposition Player. We all got peeks at Fables as it was still gestating, getting to see the early scripts and art before the rest of the world got the privilege. (Naturally, as any writer does in such situations, I burned with jealousy that I hadn't thought of the idea first.)

Clockwork Storybook went into hibernation for a few years, during which I went off and had a career as a novelist, and we reformed the group several years back as a kind of mutual-admiration society and support network. Early last year Bill offered me the chance to write a fill-in issue of Jack of Fables, and I literally jumped at the chance. He and editor Shelly Bond seemed pleased enough with what I handed in, and a few months later Bill called up and asked if I'd like to try my hand at a Cinderella miniseries. As I was with my then-four-year-old daughter at the time, I could not use the language necessary to express the degre to which my answer was "Yes!"

IGN Comics: Obviously the likely comparison for Cinderella, and perhaps this mini-series, is James Bond. Is that a fair assessment? Are there other pop culture franchises that would be applicable here?

Roberson: I think it's more a love-letter to the whole "super spy" genre, and in particular all of the terrific examples from the 1960s, not just Bond but also Matt Helm, Derek Flint, the Men from UNCLE, Nick Fury, and so on (with a dose of Emma Peel from The Avengers, for flavor). Of course, it was Bill that turned me on to the sublime British spy series Sandbaggers, years ago, so there's probably some less stylized and slightly more unglamorous influences in the mix, as well.

IGN Comics: Tell us a bit about your inspirations, sources or motifs for this series. You're writing what could be, at its core, described as a spy story. What literature or films inspire you when writing this story?

Roberson: I'm a huge fan of spy stories in general, not just the fictional examples but the nonfiction as well. I'd gone on a lengthy spy kick a couple of years ago, and crammed my head full of the best examples I could find.

In putting together Cindy's first solo outing, I wasn't really drawing on any one source of inspiration, but was shooting for a kind of Platonic ideal of the "super spy" story. Are there daring escapes? Check. Death traps? Check. Nifty gadgets? Check. Romance, betrayal, reversals, and so on? Check.

IGN Comics: Cindy has made a couple brief, bold appearances throughout the life of the series... and yet we still have the following questions: Who is Cindy? Because of her lifestyle, does she really have much of a personal life? Does she have much of a personality given her need to assume secret identities all the time? Most importantly – does Cindy enjoy what she does for a living?

Roberson: Given that only a very few people in the world of Fables know what Cindy really does for a living, she does lead a fairly lonely life, I think. But she absolutely enjoys her job. She loves her job.

One of the through-lines in the mini-series is that it's not just duty and obligation that forces her into these dangerous situations, but the thrill of doing it. I see Cindy as a daredevil in some sense, one of those thrill-seekers who basejumps off of cliff-faces or scales skyscrapers just for the fun of it. The fact that she's also providing a much needed service, ensuring the safety and security of the residents of Fabletown, is just a bonus.

IGN Comics: Jack of Fables has a very distinct tone when compared to Fables. Are you seeking to create a similar gap of style and feel with this mini-series?

Roberson: I definitely looked to those previous Cindy adventures in the pages of Fables as a model. Bill did such a fantastic job with Cindy's voice in those issues, the internal monologue that ran alongside the action offering sardonic commentary on the action, and what I've tried to do is capture that same tone as much as possible.

IGN Comics: Jack of Fables has also led a relatively "Fables-free" lifestyle until the "Great Crossover" arc a few months back. How integrated will Cinderella be with the Fables lore? Obviously it takes place at a certain point and time during Fables mythology, but will we see an impact on the ongoing series because of actions here?

Roberson: The mini-series itself is definitely integrated into what was going on in the world of Fables at the time, and Cindy's absence from recent issues of Fables was certainly planned to account for her activities in From Fabletown With Love. As to whether what happens in the miniseries will reverberate in future Fables stories, I suppose only time (and Bill) can say.

IGN Comics: Cindy's relationship with Fabletown and her life in general are typically guided by the current Fables sheriff. How do you view Cindy's relationship with Beast versus her relationship with Bigby? How do the two men view her – and will we see them extensively interact in this mini-series?

Roberson: If Totenkinder is "Q," then Beast is definitely "M." He's the spymaster here, the one with the marching orders. Cindy's signed on to do a job, and the fact that the person handing out the assignments has changed doesn't dampen her enthusiasm for the work.

That said, I think that she does have a more distant, less chummy relationship with Beast than she did with Bigby. We get to see a little of that through flashbacks over the course of the miniseries, in which we get glimpses of her previous assignments, and learn a little bit more about how she developed as a spy over the centuries.

IGN Comics: We know Aladdin is going to play a role in this series. Is he more of a Q to Cinderella's James Bond or does he play more of a romantic role?

Roberson: Aladdin has only appeared in Fables briefly (very briefly), mentioned in one place and then in a crowd-shot in another, so I had the freedom to do with him what I wanted, more or less. And I have.

In old spy stories, British and American agents would occasionally run into one another, and while they were allies, it was often the case that they had somewhat different agendas. To extend the Bond analogies, Aladdin is something of a "Felix Leiter" here, another secret agent whose mission runs into parallel with Cindy's, at least to some degree. Which is not to say, of course, that there might not be romantic possibilities...

IGN Comics: Tell us a bit about working with Shawn McManus. What does his style and sensibility bring to the mini-series? How does his work affect your writing? We'd also love to get your thoughts on Chrissie Zullo's work, who is making her industry debut as cover artist with your project, if we're not mistaken.

Roberson: When Shelly Bond informed met that Shawn would be providing the art for the series, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've been a fan of his for decades, all the way back to "Pog" (though my favorite of his work is probably Omega Men). So, no pressure, right? Already I'm writing the only Fables project not to have Willingham's name somewhere on it, but now I've got to measure up to someone of Shawn McManus's stature? Yeesh.

As it happened, though, it couldn't have gone smoother. Shawn was perfect for the book, of course, having already done one of Cindy's few solo outings in the pages of Fables, and I'd been looking at those very closely for inspiration when first starting work on the script. And the work that Shawn's been turning in is honestly some of the best work he's done in ages. Just gorgeous stuff, and I can't wait for people to get a chance to see it.

As for Chrissie Zullo, how lucky did I get having her do the covers here, right? She's phenomenal. And even more remarkable when you know that she's literally just starting her career. I can't wait to see what she'll be doing a little while down the road, once she really starts cooking, but for now I'm just delighted to have some beautiful covers on the book. She hides so many clever little bits in the images that they unpack gradually over time, gorgeous on first glance and even better the longer you look at them.

IGN Comics: Is there anything else you'd like to add about Cinderella: From Fabletown With Love?

Roberson: It's a great looking book, and it has been an immense honor to get to contribute in some small way to Bill's ever-growing Fables universe. I just hope readers enjoy it!

Lar Gand

You know who else can draw the hell out of a WildStorm group shot? Al Barrionuevo. I mean, look at this - there's what, 50 characters in there? More? And have I mentioned this guy'll be drawing the Authority ongoing? (I have, but I like to rub it in.)

From The Authority #18.

Lar Gand

Fables 90 - preview

nemo96

Sempre particolari le tavole di Fables, mi piace troppo questa serie! :up:

"E se Flash è davvero tornato... In questo universo non ci sono più regole da seguire." C. Cold

Lar Gand

the unwritten 7 preview Spoiler

by carey & gross:

Lar Gand

Astro City: The Dark Age Book 4 #2.

Lar Gand

The Authority Lost Year - We Got Your Preview Here

The Authority: Lost Year Reader, featuring the full stories from issues #1 and #2 of Grant Morrison and Gene Ha's Authority, is on stands this week in case anyone missed these when they first came out. If you didn't, you should go ahead and pull out those back issues - The Authority: The Lost Year #3 by Giffen, Morrison, Robertson and Scott will be available next week.

Want a sneak peek? Thought so. How could I say no?

Lar Gand

Revealed earlier today on the official WildStorm blog, THE BLEED, we have here the extensive 2-cover single image marking Mark Bagley's first WildStorm work. The image, shown here joined together, was inked by Trever Scott, and will serve as the covers to The Authority #19 and WildCATS #20, scheduled to ship February 2010. Stay tuned later today at 5pm EST for DC's full February 2010 solicitations at this link.

Lar Gand

DAYTRIPPER #1 by Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon–preview

Lar Gand

WildStorm Preview: THE AUTHORITY #17 DnA Signing Off

THE AUTHORITY #17
Written by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning and Marc Bernardin & Adam Freeman
Art by Simon Coleby and Al Barrionuevo
Cover by Simon Coleby
The Midnighter's quest to find a cure for the Warhol-infected Apollo has led him to the strangest confrontation imaginable – against a former member of The Authority! It's the startling conclusion to Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Simon Coleby's epic run, and it'll have mind-blowing consequences for the series! Also, the creative team taking the reins with issue #18 makes a cameo debut!
On sale December 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US