News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Vertigo: Progetti Futuri

Aperto da Lar Gand, 10 Agosto 2009, 16:59:03

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Lar Gand

9/12/2012 - Sul nostro sito: http://www.dcleaguers.it/news/hellblazer-chiude-lunga-vita-a-constantine/

---------------------------------------

Nuova serie di Kurt Busiek per la WildStorm! Kurt Busiek's American Gothic
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090805-bus...can-gothic.html

Citazione
Writer Kurt Busiek has always been known as a diverse writer of comics; while best known for his superhero work on Astro City and Marvels, he's also done far separate work such as the sci-fi story Shockrockets, the medieval magic of Arrowsmith, and has worked on titles as far flung as Metal Hurlant and Mickey Mouse. But in his new upcoming series from Wildstorm, he's going closer to home – sort of.

Announced last month at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Kurt Busiek's American Gothic was described by the writer at Comic-Con as "a way of inventing an American mythology." Described by some as a Twilight Zone-esque spin on contemporary stories, it takes the far-flung elements of American mythology and puts a cohesive state that his both human and supernatural.

For more, we talked by Busiek by e-mail about his new WildStorm series shortly after his return from San Diego.

Newsarama: Thanks for talking to us, Kurt. Let's get right to the point here - what can you tell us about American Gothic?

Kurt Busiek: It's a little tricky to describe. But then, the last two projects I did that were tricky to describe were Astro City and Marvels, so maybe it's in good company.

My publishers and editors would like me to say that what Astro City does for superheroes, American Gothic does for fantasy, which isn't completely accurate, but it's close, in a lot of ways. American Gothic is a wide-ranging series about magic and myth, set in America and dealing with American mythology as a setting, a context for a wide variety of stories. We'll cover things from the story of a long haul trucker whose wife died when he was on the road, so he never had a chance to say goodbye, who finds himself driving her ghost on to her final reward; the story of a girl in an economically-depressed fishing town who discovers that the Norse god Thor is living in exile on a coastal island nearby; the story of some college students who accidentally resurrect Ninkasi, the Sumerian goddess of beer; the tale of a voodoo priest, called in to deal with the unquiet ghost of a murdered business; the story of a washed-up cooking-show host, whose quest for the perfect burger leads him out of the real world and into the borderlands of Hell, and more. Lots more.

It'll range from character stories about ordinary people caught up in magical events to exploring the secret occult history of the United States (and the world as well), and more. Like Astro City, it'll have recurring characters, but no single regular set of leads - the stories will focus on whoever we need to focus on, all as part of the same background and history, and with certain characters showing up as we need them.

It's a shadowy ramble into the parts of America that no one gets to see, full of unseen magic all around us, in settings that range from suburbia to the borderlands of reality. A mosaic of stories that link into a very big picture...

Nrama: At Comic-Con, you said it has a bit of a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits kind of thing. If you had to pigeonhole this into a genre (or two), what would you say about this?

Busiek: Actually, I didn't say that - that was in an Internet account of the panel, but it didn't come from me.

Nrama: Sorry about that. But continuing on, how would you describe this upcoming series?

Busiek: But from what I know of The Twilight Zone, it has something of that kind of flavor, if all the Twilight Zone stories fit together into one big mythology. Outer Limits I know next to nothing about, so I can't really judge.

Beyond that, I'd say it spills across multiple genres, but closely linked ones - it mixes urban fantasy, contemporary fantasy, dark fantasy/horror, historical fantasy/secret history... It's definitely fantasy, but fantasy of the "magic existing in familiar surroundings" school, not the secondary-world "magic in a whole new setting" style of, say, Lord of the Rings, Conan, or Narnia. Fantasy happening right here, from the deep lakes of Minnesota to the subway tunnels of Manhattan to the nooks and crannies of cyberspace.

Nrama: Comics fan that I am, I can't place who the artist is for this image you sent us. Who is it, and will they be working with you on the series itself?

Busiek: That piece was done by Connor Willumsen, whose work can be found at http://www.connorwillumsen.com . There's some wonderful comics work there, and that's what brought him to our attention. Tom Spurgeon of The Comics Reporter linked to Connor's site, at a time editor Scott Peterson and I were batting around names of potential American Gothic artists. I loved what I saw of Connor's comics work, and thought he had just what we were looking for - a great sense of mood, winning and accessible characters, a strong sense of design and dynamite storytelling. So I sent Scott to Connor's site, and he wound up making contact.

Connor will be drawing at least the first arc of the series, and I hope it won't stop there.

Nrama: Timeline wise, when do you expect the first issue of this to appear on shelves?

Busiek: It's a ways off at the moment; we're just getting started. We're expecting to have the series debut sometime next year, around the time Astro City resumes its ongoing monthly numbering. We ought to have plenty in the drawer by then, and no concerns about tight schedules.

Nrama: Will this be an ongoing?

Busiek: It will be indeed. I've got about six years' worth of it loosely outlined, so I'm hoping it lasts a good long time.
Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Lar Gand

ANTEPRIMA DI AUTHORITY 13

(fico, però mi sembra una scena già vista...)

ASTRO CITY!!!

<i>One of the big pieces of news out of camp WildStorm at Comic-Con this year is Astro City going monthly. Monthly! In case we're not on the same page, I'm talking about Astro City twelve times a year: all the fun without the waiting.

Dark Age will wrap up early next year, and we've got a two-part Astra Special (take a peek below) this fall. Then Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson and Alex Ross will pick up at issue #23 with your new monthly dosage of Astro City.</i>

Grant Morrison ha sempre ragione, non perdete tempo a pensarla in modo diverso perché sarebbe solo colpa vostra  :ahsisi:<br />Grant Morrison è S.S.I. (Supremo, Sopraffino e Inarrivabile.)<br />One Invasion? One Lantern!<br /><br />"Se esiste un lavoro migliore nei comics che scrivere la Legione, con il suo enorme cast e le sue grandi opportunità creative, non l'ho mai avuto" - Paul Levitz<br /><br />"Abbiate fede, credete che un uomo possa volare, e con le sue ali condurvi lontano dalle vostre sofferenze" - Clark Kent - Action Comics 798

Lar Gand

GIFFEN RIPRENDE AUTHORITY DI MORRISON A PARTIRE DA NOVEMBRE!

THE AUTHORITY: THE LOST YEAR READER
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Gene Ha
It's here: the perfect reintroduction to The Authority by Grant Morrison and Gene Ha! The Carrier is dead, leaving The Authority stuck on an Earth in a reality they don't recognize. Their powers barely work, and to add insult to injury, in this universe, they're not only unknown to the population, they're – horror of horrors – comic book characters.
Collecting issues #1 and #2 by Morrison and Ha, this is the vital jumping-on point before Keith Giffen and Darick Robertson begin completing the 12-issue story in this month's THE AUTHORITY: THE LOST YEAR #3.
One Shot • On sale November 11 • 48 pg, FC, $2.99 US

The AUTHORITY: THE LOST YEAR #3
Written by Keith Giffen
Art by Darick Robertson & Trevor Scott
Cover by Gene Ha
At last, the long-lost Authority series is being completed! Plotted by Grant Morrison and Keith Giffen and scripted by Giffen, this 12-issue, monthly maxiseries will fill in the gaps and explain where The Authority was just before "World's End," how they escaped from a horrifying alternate reality, and at what cost. With art by Darick Robertson (TRANSMETROPOLITAN, The Boys) and Trevor Scott (THE OUTSIDERS, BATGIRL), and covers by superstar Gene Ha (TOP10), this long awaited adventure is not to be missed.
On sale November 18 • 3 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Lar Gand

Lar Gand

A peek at The Authority: The Lost Year

We're still catching up with all of the big announcements from San Diego Comic-Con. The Lost Year has received a lot of buzz at the comic news sites, with fans eager to see Keith Giffen finish the much-anticipated series.

Here's a sneak peek at the Darick Robertson-illustrated book:

http://wildstorm.blog.dccomics.com/2009/08/17/a-peek-at-the-authority-the-lost-year/

Metto solo il link perché le immagini sono enormi.

p.s.
Ma se Robertson disegna questa serie chi ci sarà su The Boys?

Lar Gand

What's the white box?

It's a clue to the answers behind Ex Machina, but that's all I can tell you. You'll have to read Ex Machina #44 tomorrow to find out exactly what it is - and why it's important.

Murnau

Mi sa che The Boys lo concluderanno o Peter Snjeberg o John Mcrea.
Vendo vari Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.
                                                                                                                                    Il cielo sopra Berlino, 1987

Lar Gand

unknown soldier 11 preview Spoiler

by dysart & ponticelli:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Murnau

Questa serie mi ispira tantissimo, ho già ordinato il primo TP.
Vendo vari Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.
                                                                                                                                    Il cielo sopra Berlino, 1987

Lar Gand

More on Ian Edginton's Stormwatch PHD - ANTEPRIMA
http://wildstorm.blog.dccomics.com/2009/08/24/more-on-ian-edgintons-stormwatch-phd/

THE CHILL preview
Now, once you've read Vertigo Crime's FILTHY RICH and DARK ENTRIES be on the lookout for Jason Starr's first graphic novel THE CHILL with art by Mick Bertilorenzi coming in January 2010.

THE CHILL is bound to heat up the winter.
http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2009/08/26/the-chill-preview/

Lar Gand

Behind-The-Scenes with Brian Bolland
People (well, especially people non artistically inclined like myself), are often curious as to how the artist got from a blank sheet of paper to the finished product. Well, GRAPHIC CONTENT is happy to bring you behind-the-scenes of Brian Bolland's cover to JACK OF FABLES #39.

What started as a pencil sketch, gets inked, added to, more detailed and brought to life with color. Simple, right?

http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2009/08/28/behind-the-scenes-with-brian-bolland/

Lar Gand

NORTHLANDERS #20! preview

Pier

Citazione di: Lar Gand il 10 Agosto 2009, 16:59:34
ANTEPRIMA DI AUTHORITY 13

(fico, però mi sembra una scena già vista...)

ASTRO CITY!!!

<i>One of the big pieces of news out of camp WildStorm at Comic-Con this year is Astro City going monthly. Monthly! In case we’re not on the same page, I’m talking about Astro City twelve times a year: all the fun without the waiting.

Dark Age will wrap up early next year, and we’ve got a two-part Astra Special (take a peek below) this fall. Then Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson and Alex Ross will pick up at issue #23 with your new monthly dosage of Astro City.</i>

Confermato sull'ultimo numero di "Dark Age Book Three".
Kurt Busiek ha quasi risolto i suoi problemi di salute e pare ci sia una quantità di materiale tale da tener fede alla periodicità.
PIER

Arzak

Citazione di: Hush/Tommy Elliot il 25 Agosto 2009, 13:36:01
Questa serie mi ispira tantissimo, ho già ordinato il primo TP.

Anch'io!! Speriamo sia figherrima!!

Lar Gand

planetary 27 preview Spoiler (MIRACOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

by ellis &  cassaday: