News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Talon (USA) di J.Tynion IV

Aperto da Azrael, 19 Settembre 2012, 02:29:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Phempt

Forse questo è il tipo di follia che questa città premia.

Walter Kovacs

Citazione di: Phempt il 08 Novembre 2012, 17:16:43
Sai qualcosa che io non so?  :look:
Che dovrai aspettare all'incirca 5-6 mesi prima che arrivi in Italia.

Azrael

Citazione di: Cletus Kasady il 08 Novembre 2012, 17:21:46
Citazione di: Phempt il 08 Novembre 2012, 17:16:43
Sai qualcosa che io non so?  :look:
Che dovrai aspettare all'incirca 5-6 mesi prima che arrivi in Italia.

Facciamo 7-8  :asd:
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Walter Kovacs

Azrael

Phempt

:jawdrop:  Mascella a terra per previsioni di uscita(spero sbagliate e che ci prendiate in giro) che per cover!

Azrael

Preview: Talon #2

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

The Dreaming

Non so come mai ma ho subito accostato anche io Azrael (il personaggio DC, non l'utente del forum) con questo Talon/Artiglio.

Cosa voluta o no, queste tavole sono interessanti parecchio.

Natasha Romanoff

Ex Jey19

"Don't question my loyalty, you don't know how much it cost."

Azrael

First Look: TALON #3 Variant Covers

Occhi nella Notte

Io pensavo che era la classica serie per provare a battere cassa, invece il personaggio non sembra per nulla male, anzi.... ok, è un palese richiamo ad Azrael, però, per come la vedo io, potrebbe avere degli spunti più interessanti considerando il fatto che non si appoggia tanto al mondo di batman quantopiù a tutto un filone semi-inesplorato che è quello dei gufi...

boh... speriamo bene...

se poi ci mettono Ryp a disegnare, allora è la volta buona che lo devo prendere per forza...

Solo quando l'ultimo campo sara' sporcato,
l'ultimo fiume inquinato, l'ultimo animale avvelenato e l'ultimo albero abbattuto
che gli uomini capiranno che non possono mangiare i soldi.

I Miei Articoli  http://www.dcleaguers.it/author/occhi-nella-notte<br />
Collezione Tavole Originali  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=46736<br />
COMPRO http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/mercatino/%28vendo%29-parte-della-mia-collezione/msg1438045/#msg1438045

Azrael

Talon teams up with Sebastian Clark for their first mission, but will this partnership last?
The Good
Fun, adventure, a whole lot of butt-kicking; that's what you get with the second issue of Talon. The creative forces behind this series are crafting a character in Calvin Rose that might remind you a lot of why you may have started reading comics in the first place; for fun, adventure and really great characterization. Calvin is a man on a mission not to save the world from the Court of Owls, but to make them pay for virtually ruining his life. His motives driven by self interest, which is great and it makes him a unique character in the Bat-universe. He's out for revenge for himself, and that's it. I really like that about Calvin Rose, and I like the way the writers James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder inject that into this issue. This book does something that the last two issues did not do; it gives us the reason why Talon has decided to be Talon in a really heated, exciting moment. It's a very interesting take on a very interesting character.

Not only do we get a closer look at Talon and Sebastian in this issue, but we get a better glimpse at the relationship that is blossoming between Calvin's character and his new partner, Sebastian Clark. The way the creative team presents the dynamic between the two characters is fantastic and very entertaining; it's clear these two are not going to get along, at least not easily at first.

Tynion and Snyder inject a few interesting clues into this issue that reveal a lot about the character as well as what readers can expect in the coming issues. We are briefly introduced to new concepts like the Tomb of the Unworthy, for example, which will likely play a pretty big part in the coming issues.

There is a lot of set up for future issues in this comic, which is great to see. I love that the creative team has given readers a very organized layout and planted some seeds to future stories. The issue starts with a bang and ends with a bang, and it is certainly a comic I am looking forward to picking up again next month.

The Bad
I tried to think of what I didn't like about this issue and I honestly could not come up with anything.

The Verdict
I am not the biggest fan of Guillem March, but even on this issue I think he does a fantastic job. I much prefer his work here than on CATWOMAN, for example. I think he puts a lot of effort into the details which is important and he does a great job illustrating a very fluid fight sequence.

This issue is great not only because it introduces readers to the relationship between Sebastian and Calvin, but it also presents us with their very different means to the same end. Both characters want the Court of Owls eradicated, but both have very ideals. While Sebastian looks at their attack on the Court from a larger perspective, Calvin is very much focused on what the Court did to him, personally. These are two very interesting and very different perspectives and it's great to see them butt heads in this issue as a result. Both characters are interesting, the dynamic of their interactions are exciting, and that's a big reason why this issue was such a great read. This is a great start to a new series and I am definitely looking forward to seeing what else the creative team has in store for us in the coming issues.

5/5

CVine

Azrael

Interview: James Tynion IV Talks TALON

http://www.comicvine.com/news/interview-james-tynion-iv-talks-talon/145592/

Phempt

Troppi riferimenti, ho interrotto la lettura dell'intervista  :asd:

Azrael

"Talon" #2 checks in at an historical tour stop of some architecture when James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder guide the Talon into the inner sanctum of the Orchard Hotel. For purposes of the story, Sebastian Clark, a former Court of Owls member, is guiding Calvin Rose, our heroic Talon. The duo possess as a loose partnership that is built on need more than admiration or respect.

That partnership is roughed up around the edges as Tynion and Snyder inject just enough subterfuge and empower each of the men with individual agendas that may or may not align to their common goal. Rose substantially relies on Clark, who doesn't quite reveal the entire story to Rose. "Talon" #2 features three characters (Rose, Clark and an adversary) throughout the first seventeen pages of the book, but that doesn't mean the story is light or breezy. Rose and Clark exchange information throughout, giving the reader an extremely convenient entrance to their relationship at the risk of becoming overly expository and excessively wordy. Tynion and Snyder do a decent job with the dialog, but the characters speaking those lines need a little more development to become interesting. That banter is convenient for a narrative purpose, but it continues throughout the story even after Rose uses a clinking sonic gun which seems to be less audible than Rose's conversation.

Juan Jose Ryp's unusual and striking art nouveau-influenced drawings are clean and crisp, precisely detailed and well constructed. The tight linework undoubtedly makes work easier for Tomeu Morey, who fills the pages in with setting appropriate colors. Given the street level nature of Calvin Rose's adventures, Morey's earthtones and Ryp's drawings are a nice choice for the story. Capped by Dezi Sienty's suitable lettering, "Talon" #2 provides a clean, full read.

Talon-on-Talon action makes for an interesting enough fight, but the stakes in this story are not high or intimate enough to process them as anything more than collateral: bits of story present for the sake of progressing the grander narrative. Additionally, Rose's accomplishments don't strike me as impressive. The story is a little Indiana Jones, a bit Batman and a little more Nightwing, but not enough of a variation or blend from those sources. I can certainly see the appeal "Talon" may have to Batfans looking for more Court of Owls stuff, but personally, Calvin Rose doesn't offer anything more for me that I couldn't find in the pages of "Nightwing." While "Talon" #2 is a decent comic book, I don't think it does enough to separate itself from so many other comics.

2.5/5

CBR