Menu principale

Catwoman (USA) di Ann Nocenti

Aperto da Azrael, 11 Settembre 2012, 19:20:34

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 19 Settembre 2012, 22:24:28
Citazione di: Il Cavaliere Oscuro il 19 Settembre 2012, 22:19:46
Cioè questa nuova Catwoman ha le origini di
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
  :lol:

Già :lol:

A te piace come scelta?

Curioso che abbia fatto questa scelta, che l'abbia fatto per
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Matches Malone

Citazione di: Il Cavaliere Oscuro il 19 Settembre 2012, 22:27:08

A te piace come scelta?

Si, l'ho sempre trovata affascinante!
Quindi teoricamente adesso potrebbe pure avere le

Azrael

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 19 Settembre 2012, 22:29:32
Citazione di: Il Cavaliere Oscuro il 19 Settembre 2012, 22:27:08

A te piace come scelta?

Si, l'ho sempre trovata affascinante!
Quindi teoricamente adesso potrebbe pure avere le

Credo che sia riuscita nel suo intento, ovvero suscitare "curiosità"  ^_^

Brava Ann  :ahsisi:

overminder78

letto il Catwoman #0. Nulla di eccezionale... come al solito, questi num. Zero - che avrebbero potuto spiegare i tanti cambiamenti o conciliare l'era post-Crisis con l'era post-Flashpoint - si stanno rivelando un mezzo buco nell'acqua.
Praticamente in questo num. speciale viene in un certo modo canonizzata
overminder78.blogspot.it

Bruce Wayne

Citazione di: overminder78 il 20 Settembre 2012, 09:09:50
letto il Catwoman #0. Nulla di eccezionale... come al solito, questi num. Zero - che avrebbero potuto spiegare i tanti cambiamenti o conciliare l'era post-Crisis con l'era post-Flashpoint - si stanno rivelando un mezzo buco nell'acqua.
Praticamente in questo num. speciale viene in un certo modo canonizzata

Non mi piace molto come scelta..

Buddy Baker

Scelta insensata secondo me e in generale brutto numero. Io e la Nocenti non riusciamo proprio ad andare d'accordo!

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Green Lantern

ragazzi no, non avete capito bene il numero  ;)

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Hal Jordan il 20 Settembre 2012, 10:57:15
ragazzi no, non avete capito bene il numero  ;)

Lieto di non essere l'unico che non ha capito praticamente niente  :lolle: :lolle:

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Green Lantern

tra l'altro evita qualsiasi riferimento ad anno uno di miller

overminder78

perdono. Il mio inglese non è eccelso
overminder78.blogspot.it

Green Lantern

ma figurati  :lol: era solo per farvi notare che non è proprio come in
:lolle:

Post Uniti: 20 Settembre 2012, 11:47:33

comunque lei quella

Shimamura81

Comunque poteva fare di meglio la Nocenti, sebbene il risultato non sia poi così negativo. Non male la nuova artista, anche se deve lavorare meglio con le espressioni. Cmq è un peccato che nopn si riprenda anno uno anche per Selina, la sua interpretazione milleriana aveva un qualcosa di drammatico e poetico... Ci voleva un po' di coraggio in più in questi numeri 0

overminder78

io resto sempre dell'idea che questo Zero Month è stato sprecato alla grande: piuttosto di spiegare come Barbara torni a camminare o come Dick Grayson torni ad essere Nightwing (e perché abbia sostituito il blu col rosso nel costume), ecc... o piuttosto che tentare di conciliare vecchia e nuova timeline, fanno solo confusione. Cioé, mi tengono ferme le grandi storie (Anno Uno, Killing joke, Morte in Famiglia, ecc...) ma inseriscono elementi nuovi che mal si conciliano
overminder78.blogspot.it

Azrael

Catwoman's origin is revealed, and it reads a lot like something we've seen before.
The Good
I have to say that for the most part I felt that Adriana Melo's art in this issue was pretty good. Catwoman is drawn to be really pretty and the panels are really well organized. She is depicted as sexy without being too gratuitous. I definitely prefer her work over that of Guillem March. I think she is better suited on this title. I am also really glad DC opted to change the cover a little bit.

The Bad
If you want to find out how Catwoman came to be Catwoman, all you really have to do is sit back, grab some popcorn and pop in you 'Batman Returns' DVD. You know, the Tim Burton directed Batman movie starring Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman and Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne? Yeah, that one. There is literally a word-for-word scene in this issue of Catwoman that was used in that movie. Now, I have nothing against Tim Burton's Batman films. In fact, I think they are great. But they are also a complete departure from the characters in the comics.

Okay, so if you are going to take a series and change everything about it and the central character in that series, then you damn well better have a good reason to do so. I am so disappointed with this interpretation of the Catwoman character. It's a bunch of scenes we've already seen. Here we have Selina who is confronted by a man who is in control of her life. She asks too many questions so he decides to throw her off the roof of a building to solve his problem. She falls several stories to the ground and is then licked back to health by a bunch of stray cats. This is a great scene in Batman Returns. It is one of the most memorable moments in that film for me as a fan of the character. Which is why I recalled this scene so vividly because I have already watched it a dozen times over. It was a great moment in the film, but now it is cannon in comics? Really? Couldn't the writer come up with her own version of Catwoman's story? Does she really not have any ideas of her own? If you're going to disregard 40 plus years of canonical comic book history, you better have an adequate story to replace it with instead of a rehash from a movie that everyone reading this comic book has already seen. I am incredibly disappointed in this book.

In addition to the fact that we've already seen this scene play out in the movies, there's also the issue of Catwoman's motivations. Is she that much like a cat that she is enthralled and entranced by shiny things? Is that the basis for all the stealing? There has to be more to her motivations than this, right? This series was never very deep, from the very beginning. Yet, at least at the start there was some direction. This issue just read like a bunch of scenes were thrown together at random, and you get the sense that Nocenti doesn't really have a grasp of who the character is and what her motivations are. Selina has come too far in the years she has existed in comics to just be a shallow girl who likes to steal because she likes to collect shiny things.

I was also hoping to see some mention of Lola, who we saw in the first couple of issues of this series, but that didn't happen.

The Verdict
What exactly happened in this issue? I feel like a good zero issue is one that gives the reader a better understanding of who the character is and what their motivations are. After reading this book, I don't have a better understanding of Catwoman, who she is, why she does what she does and where she came from. I understand that Nocenti is taking over a book from a different writer and thus she will have a different vision for the character and the series, but there needs to be some kind of consistent vision for the character when you relaunch an entire comic book universe.

2/5

CVine

Dean Winchester

Questa testata è iniziata a non andarmi giù già da tempo, ma dopo questo numero 0...Mah...