News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Batman: The Dark Knight (USA) di G.Hurwitz, D.Finch

Aperto da Azrael, 25 Giugno 2012, 20:30:39

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Darko

Leggendo i commenti positivi, mi sa che recupererò anche questa serie. Mamma mia quanto materiale arretrato  :batman:

You and me, Jeannie.
You and me in a blaze of glory.

Ex but still James Howlett

Dean Winchester

Oddio, questa è la testata sul pipistrello meno positiva per ora.

Azrael

"Batman: The Dark Knight" #11 is Gregg Hurwitz and David Finch's second issue together, and it's a pleasure to see that last month's collaboration wasn't a fluke. Reading "Batman: The Dark Knight" #11 makes me wish that this is what we'd been getting since issue #1.

This second part of Hurwitz's debut story arc continues to pit Batman against the Scarecrow, a character that feels like it plays to Finch's strengths as an artist. Hurwitz writes a disturbing and dark version of the character, one that was experimented on as a child to discover the nature of fear. "Batman: The Dark Knight" #11 is titled "Cycle of Violence" in case the insinuation wasn't already clear; the damage done to the Scarecrow as a child is being passed along to the new children that the Scarecrow himself is abducting and experimenting on. Hurwitz shows just enough to unsettle the reader, but never crosses the line into too much or exploitive. We don't see what the children being experimented upon see, just their reactions (or in the case of the Scarecrow, a view from behind of his father). It keeps the book from being too dark, while also letting the reader fill in the details out of their own imagination.

Hurwitz also adds the latest girlfriend for Bruce Wayne, and she's of the strong-willed variety. While Natalya's hardly the first to fall into that category, it's still refreshing to see a woman who stands up to Bruce's constant evasions and disappearances. Some bits of her dialogue come across a bit clumsily (the over-emphasis of her Ukrainian heritage for starters) but on the whole I find her likable and a good addition to the Bruce Wayne romantic catalog.

Finch pencils and inks "Batman: The Dark Knight" #11 and overall there's a lot to like. His two-thirds splash on the first page of the Scarecrow is instantly creepy; his spindly arms and fingers are unsettling, and his eyes and teeth glimpsed through the mask look genuinely scary. As cliché as it might be, the big splash of the Batmobile roaring out of the tunnel with a cloud of bats around it looks great; it's an iconic drawing and it's fun to see these pages taken up not with a hero leaping through the air, but something more focused on an inanimate object and the surrounding countryside.

Occasionally the art feels a little off. The little girl abducted at the playground has such a small body compared to her head in some of the panels that it took me a minute to realize that it was more artistic error than anything else. The spindly nature of the Scarecrow doesn't map as well onto other characters. Some of the smaller panels (like Bruce waking up at Wayne Manor) also come across a little scratchy and hard to view. Still, images like the hunched over shadow of the Scarecrow as the standing-upright real body spray the girl are drawn wonderfully, and the back-lit silhouette of the Scarecrow's father is scary without having to accentuate anything out of the ordinary.

"Batman: The Dark Knight" in two issues has transformed itself from the misstep of the Batman line of comics to a finely polished product. Hurwitz's scripts are strong, and Finch's art has risen to the occasion and turned out his best work on the title to date. If you'd written off "Batman: The Dark Knight" up until now, take a look at #10-11. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

3.5/5

CBR
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Dude

Ma quindi se volessi prendere tutte le parti delle "origini" di Bats dovrei prendere il numero 0 di the dark knight + batman 0 + detective comics 0. Ho capito bene?

E secondo voi, se non lo prendessi adesso in spillatino, verranno raccolti in volumi solo questi 3 aggiungendo altro oppure è meglio prendere gli spillatini e non rischiare?

Matches Malone

Molto bello anche l'11, secondo numero di Hurwitz! Decisamente inquietante, l'atmosfera mi piace tantissimo!

Azrael

overminder78

Citazione di: Dude il 26 Luglio 2012, 21:41:31
Ma quindi se volessi prendere tutte le parti delle "origini" di Bats dovrei prendere il numero 0 di the dark knight + batman 0 + detective comics 0. Ho capito bene?

E secondo voi, se non lo prendessi adesso in spillatino, verranno raccolti in volumi solo questi 3 aggiungendo altro oppure è meglio prendere gli spillatini e non rischiare?

i num. 0 verranno pubblicati ognuno sulla sua testata. Scordati che verranno raccolti in un unico volume!
All'epoca di Ora Zero, anche PlayPress li presentò sullo spillato e da allora non sono mai stati ristampati
overminder78.blogspot.it

Matches Malone

Azrael

Citazione di: Matches Malone il 05 Agosto 2012, 18:07:15
Citazione di: overminder78 il 05 Agosto 2012, 17:51:42
i num. 0 verranno pubblicati ognuno sulla sua testata. Scordati che verranno raccolti in un unico volume!

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/dc-comics-%E2%80%94-the-new-52-zero-omnibus

Non vorrei sbagliare, ma credo che lui si riferisse a un edizione italiana!

Però ... Wow 1328 pagine  :o
Non lo vorrei mai io, ci sono albi che non mi interessano e poi sono scomodi da leggere  :ahsisi:

Azrael

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #14
Written by GREGG HURWITZ
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH
1:25 B&W Variant cover by DAVID FINCH
On sale NOVEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Kidnapped and tortured by the Scarecrow, The Dark Knight is finally free and looking for serious payback!
• Is this the end of Scarecrow's reign of terror? Not by a long shot....

Azrael

Preview: BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #12

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Dean Winchester

Azrael

Dean Winchester

Dude

Citazione di: overminder78 il 05 Agosto 2012, 17:51:42
Citazione di: Dude il 26 Luglio 2012, 21:41:31

All'epoca di Ora Zero, anche PlayPress li presentò sullo spillato e da allora non sono mai stati ristampati

Si ma io mi riferivo solo a quei 3 che narrano le origini di Batman (in edizione originale).

Peccato, avrei dovuto svegliarmi prima e prenotare gli spillatini.  :cry: