News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Vertigo: Progetti Futuri

Aperto da Lar Gand, 10 Agosto 2009, 16:59:03

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Green Hankey

d'altronde fin che non cambiano mi sa i contratti Vertigo, la faccenda sarà così  :cry:

Amen si va di Image  :rulezza:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

AndyHood

Azrael

It almost feels like we've come full circle here.

In the two years we've known Pearl Jones (now Preston), her life has taken some drastic turns and now she finds herself aligning with the creature that made her to hunt down the coven of vampires that went after her husband, Henry. Things are about to get bloody.

We open up to Pearl visiting Henry in the hospital, with Cal looking over him. Scott Snyder's dialog here, especially in the intro with Pearl hunting down the vamp that drained Henry, was sharp and you can feel Pearl's lust for vengeance boil inside her. The fact that Henry and Pearl are both wanted dead by the surrounding vamps makes it difficult to hide away so Henry can recover. Cal suggests an alternative which Pearl is quite hesitant - to seek out the Vassals of the Morning Star. Of course, nothing comes for free, and Pearl is now enlisted in a war alongside her turner, the now Agent, Skinner Sweet. Although, Sweet's presence phased Pearl at first, she joins the fight and prepares to go after this new coven.

Although Pearl has been absent in recent issues, Snyder doesn't miss a beat dishing out her dialog. It's an intriguing evolution she's had and to see her be this warrior demon is always a treat to read. The notion to turn Henry is something she's promised not to do, but to see him messed up the way he is, is more than messed up. I enjoyed Travis a lot and his arc, so to come back to Pearl is a nice way to expand this world. Cal's addition to the team is welcome, but as a character I don't see him as fleshed out. The dynamic we have in store with Pearl siding with Sweet has potential to go somewhere, and I'm eager to check it out.

Rafael Albuquerque has made quite the name for himself with this title. It's good to see him back on it after a short break, but his work on Batman is just as awesome. However, something feels off here in some of the delivery. There are two really exciting scenes, and how the panel layouts work, I feel they could have been stronger. Not saying he's lost his edge by any stretch of the imagination, but with Travis' arc and his Batman work having been just amazing, this issue comes across as not really up to par. Not bland, per se, but just when you think he's hit a stride, it's a small stumble, visually.

Now, I will say that American Vampire #28 is a terrific jumping on point. Everything is laid out for you to hop on and enjoy the macabre ride. The scene at the beginning works perfectly to hook new readers and to set the tone for what is to come in this arc. I just hope Raf can catch up to his older works.

8 su 10

Da Newsarama
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

The action kicks up several notches and the story amps up in ways you wouldn't have expected. Then again, with Snyder and Albuquerque, it's really no surprise.
The Good
Everything. End of review.

Each month Scott Snyder manages to surprise me with how much I love this series. I never thought I'd be so into a comic based on vampires. There is just so much more to it. The return of Rafael Albuquerque is almost enough to bring tears of joy to my eyes. Pearl Preston is such a great character. The fact that these arcs can jump around from great character to character is something that helps keep the series fresh and exciting. You never quite know what you're going to get from Snyder. It's like his mind is full of ideas and they explode onto the pages.

The situation Pearl is in is unfortunate but it's needed to drive this particular story. It sets things in motion that further expands the direction of the characters and series. Anytime the Vassals of the Morning Star gets mentioned or has an appearance, you can't help but wonder if things are going to get worse. Pearl also finds herself face to face with someone she wasn't expecting.

Albuquerque's art just feels so right here. There's so much contained here from the emotions of sadness and anger to the violence and suspense. This is clearly my favorite comic of the week.

The Bad
The only problem is while I absolutely love the cover, it kind of says too much.

The Verdict
AMERICAN VAMPIRE is one of my favorite series. Just when I think I couldn't possibly like it more than I already do, Scott Snyder manages to make it happen. I almost envy those that haven't been reading this series because they have the luxury of being able to read the entire series from the beginning. Having Rafael Albuquerque back for this arc is perfect timing. There are major things happening here and the characters and series as a whole is moving to new places. It feels like it's been a long exciting and crazy journey since the characters first appeared. This is so much more than a simple vampire comic. This is something comic book readers owe to themselves to check out.

5 su 5

Da CVine

AndyHood

Spacemen a che punto è arrivato? quando possiamo sperare di vederlo da noi?

A quanto mi pare di capire le serie da seguire con attenzione sono questa di Azzarello, Collider e Saucer Country. Speriamo che almeno una di questi si riveli un capolavoro sui livelli (almeno) di Y o Scalped.

V

ormai capolavori vertigo li possiamo aspettare quasi solo dalla image  :(

Io oso fare tutto ciò che è degno di un uomo. Chi osa di più non lo è

mistake89

Beh Collider non sembra affatto male. Almeno per ciò che si è letto, poi se lo sarà realmente c'è solo da aspettare l'autunno.
LoSpazioBianco.it: nel cuore del fumetto!
www.lospaziobianco.it

SEGUI LOSPAZIOBIANCO SU:
Twitter  Facebook
Facebook - Nuvole di Celluloide Nella Rete del Fumetto
Flickr

Sometimes you wake up,
Sometime the fall kills you,
and sometimes, when you fall,
you fly
[Sandman, Neil Gaiman]

Green Hankey

Citazione di: V il 28 Giugno 2012, 23:33:23

alt il livello dell'Image è molto alto, ma molte serie sono lontane come impostazioni o stile da quelle Vertigo anni 90' :ahsisi:

AndyHood

In attesa di verificare Jeff Lemire con Sweet Tooth, credo che l'unico autore contemporaneo che può giocarsela con i classici Moore, Morrison, Ennis ed Ellis sia Brian K. Vaughan: a meno che non abbia già dato il meglio con Y e Ex Machina mi aspetto molto dai suoi prossimi lavori...a partire da Saga e sperando che ritorni presto a firmare qualcosa per Vertigo

ps: non dico Azzarello perché ho letto troppo poco di 100 bullets e mi sembra un autore troppo legato al genere noir-action

Yukio

Ma io direi che è più la Vertigo a non essere all' altezza di se stessa; e il declino ha amplificato i paralleli successi della Image come se ormai facesse un sol boccone del blasonato marchio DC.
Tutto sommato tra Hellblazer, Sweet Tooth, American Vampire, Unwritten, Fables, Scalped e Spaceman di Azzarello e Risso non mi sembra abbia tanto in meno della rivale.
Il mio nome è Ozymandias, Re dei Re,
guardate le mie opere, o Potenti, e disperate!'
Null'altro resta. Attorno alle rovine
di quel colossale relitto, sconfinate e spoglie
le solitarie e piatte sabbie si stendono all'infinito.

Ero il Corinzio

V

Citazione di: Metta World Hankey il 29 Giugno 2012, 13:33:37
Citazione di: V il 28 Giugno 2012, 23:33:23

alt il livello dell'Image è molto alto, ma molte serie sono lontane come impostazioni o stile da quelle Vertigo anni 90' :ahsisi:
mi riferisco alla vertigo di questi ultimi anni

Post Uniti: 29 Giugno 2012, 15:25:25

Citazione di: Il Corinzio il 29 Giugno 2012, 15:11:20
Ma io direi che è più la Vertigo a non essere all' altezza di se stessa; e il declino ha amplificato i paralleli successi della Image come se ormai facesse un sol boccone del blasonato marchio DC.
Tutto sommato tra Hellblazer, Sweet Tooth, American Vampire, Unwritten, Fables, Scalped e Spaceman di Azzarello e Risso non mi sembra abbia tanto in meno della rivale.
al momento ha sicuramente di più certo,ma per il futuro?
scaped sta finendo,sweet tooth tra poco ...

Io oso fare tutto ciò che è degno di un uomo. Chi osa di più non lo è

Azrael

Preview: SWEET TOOTH #35

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Green Hankey

Nrama: Are there any plans for an event related to the Vertigo line? It seems like that line is being left out of the excitement with all this New 52 stuff.
Wayne: You should definitely check out our Vertigo panel in San Diego next week. My colleague, Mr. Cunningham, is going to moderate, but I'll be in the back.

Nrama: So for those of our readers who aren't going to San Diego, are you saying there's an announcement about an event coming during the Vertigo panel? And I did say "event," which you didn't correct, so you're going along with that word?

Wayne: We're not going to tell you any more than that.

Cunningham: It's Thursday at 5:45 Pacific daylight time. That would be a good time to monitor our website as well, because I bet that announcements of certain magnitude will be done pretty much at the same time. [Newsarama Note: You can just stay tuned right here to Newsarama for that news, don't worry!] So that's a good time to monitor the information coming out of the convention on Thursday.

Nrama: Interesting. So can those who are attending the panel expect to see a well-known writer?

Wayne: Oh, I think we're out of time!

Ma speriamo cazzo!!!

Fra

Jesse Custer

perdonate l ignoranza ma questa image della quale parlate cosa sarebbe di preciso?  :mmm: