News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Joker: Killer Smile (USA) di Lemire & Sorrentino

Aperto da Man of Steel, 11 Luglio 2019, 18:49:51

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Man of Steel

DC Black Label Announces Joker: Killer Smile by Lemire & Sorrentino

CitazioneWriter Jeff Lemire and artist Andrea Sorrentino are reuniting for Joker: Killer Smile, the newest addition to DC Black Label's roster of mature comics.

According to io9, "Joker: Killer Smile follows the Clown Prince of Crime as he has a fateful encounter with a mental health professional that radically alters the course of a number of lives, and while that premise sounds familiar, the story isn't about Harley Quinn."
"Over the course of working together on things like Green Arrow and Old Man Logan over at Marvel, Andrea [Sorrentino] really developed a great chemistry and shared visual language. We're always looking for new challenges, and Andrea was the one who suggested that we do a Joker project," Lemire said. "I think he really tends to gravitate towards darker stories with a lot of psychological and dramatic underpinnings, so the Joker's right up his alley."

"I wanted to tell an intimate story about how the Joker's evil is something that can devastate a normal family or a relationship as much as it devastates society as a whole. That the idea that really grabbed me, that sense of terror that would come from letting something like the Joker into your family," he added. "As someone who has a family myself, that kind of chaos and darkness infecting my personal space is the scariest thing I can think of, and so I started there."
And instead of bringing back Harley Quinn, Killer Smile will introduce a new mental health professional into Joker's life.

"Yeah, he's a new character called Dr. Ben Arnell that Andrea and I created for the series, and he's this bright, brilliant, young mental health professional who's been tasked with trying to make some sense of the Joker," he said. "This is a trope we've seen in other Joker stories, with Harley being the most obvious example, but we wanted to take this trope and do something completely unexpected with it. Ben's the reader's gateway back into Arkham and to Gotham City and how we get to explore these new depths of the Joker's mind."

Finally, for those fans who may want to romanticize the Joker, Lemire reveals this won't be that type of story.

"The Joker isn't inherently a hero or an antihero at all. He's the incarnation of evil, and I've always had a bit of an issue with people who romanticize him even though that's obviously the case," he said. "Killer Smile's a story about just how dark the Joker really is and how inviting him into your life is dangerous and yeah, we want people to feel like none of their ideas about who he is really capture the full gravity of what he is."

Joker: Killer Smile, by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino, goes on sale Oct. 30.

THE JOKER: KILLER SMILE #1
written by JEFF LEMIRE
art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
Everyone knows The Joker doesn't have the most promising history with psychotherapists. In fact, no one's even been able to diagnose him. But that doesn't matter to the confident, world-beating Dr. Ben Arnell; he's going to be the one to unravel this unknowable mind. There's no way The Joker could ever get through the therapeutic walls Ben has built around himself. Right? There's no way The Joker's been entering his house at night...right? There's no way The Joker has stood over his son's bed, and put that book in his hands, the one with the, the, the...
The Eisner-nominated creative team of Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino (GREEN ARROW, Gideon Falls) reunite for a psychological horror story where nothing is as it seems, your eyes can't be trusted and Mr. Smiles is waiting behind the basement door.
Wait, who's Mr. Smiles?
PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 10.30.19
$5.99 US | 1 of 3 | 32 PAGES
FC | APPROX. 8.5" x 10.875"
MATURE READERS
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-black-label-joker-killer-smile-lemire-sorrentino/

:why:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Kenshiro

Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

katzenberg

Logan_Legacy

Wow. Uno dei miei team creativi preferiti su uno dei miei personaggi preferiti. Acquisto sicuro.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Bramo

Andrea "Bramo"

Scrivo per:
LoSpazioBianco.it: nel cuore del fumetto!
www.lospaziobianco.it

SEGUI LOSPAZIOBIANCO SU:
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr

Azrael

Era scontato che venisse qualcosa fuori in vista del film :up:
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

HCPunk

Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Scrooge

Sogno

Joe Kerr

Catcher

Seguirò senz'altro

Inviato dal mio PRA-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Man of Steel

CitazioneLemire's story is Joker: Killer Smile. "My story looks very grounded, but the madness of the Joker and his effect on people is more like a twisted child's fairy tale, in our take."

Lemire and Killer Smile artist Andrea Sorrentino shared an Eisner win for Gideon Falls last night.

This story visits the suburbs of Gotham through the point of view of a mental health professional who is gradually disturbed by the Joker.
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

HCPunk

Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Azrael

THE JOKER: KILLER SMILE #1
written by JEFF LEMIRE
art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
Everyone knows The Joker doesn't have the most promising history with psychotherapists. In fact, no one's even been able to diagnose him. But that doesn't matter to the confident, world-beating Dr. Ben Arnell; he's going to be the one to unravel this unknowable mind. There's no way The Joker could ever get through the therapeutic walls Ben has built around himself. Right? There's no way The Joker's been entering his house at night...right? There's no way The Joker has stood over his son's bed, and put that book in his hands, the one with the, the, the...
The Eisner-nominated creative team of Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino (GREEN ARROW, Gideon Falls) reunite for a psychological horror story where nothing is as it seems, your eyes can't be trusted and Mr. Smiles is waiting behind the basement door.
Wait, who's Mr. Smiles?
PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 10.30.19
$5.99 US | 1 of 3 | 32 PAGES
FC | APPROX. 8.5" x 10.875"
MATURE READERS
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori