News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Heroes in Crisis (USA) di King & Mann

Aperto da Azrael, 08 Giugno 2018, 11:34:39

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Arkin Torsen

La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

No Use For A Name

"I am Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men,
Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms,
Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons"

Man of Steel

Beh, ormai è sicuro che Wally
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Inizialmente la main cover era questa:

Azrael

Man of Steel

Riprendere DC Rebirth One-Shot in Heroes in Crisis.... :ehm:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Azrael

Letto il #6

Dico solo una cosa:
Noia, noia e ancora noia.
:tsk:

dan94

Letto il #6. Ma quindi sono confermate le voci che indicano

o possiamo aspettarci un finale a sorpresa?

Azrael

È presto per dirlo, ma io non credo che

dan94

Kenshiro

Sincero? È stata una delle cose più noiose mai lette degli ultimi tempi, e per me conferma 2 cose:
1. King non è adatto a gestioni lunghe ed intricate, 12 numeri è la sua dimensione ideale.
2. Neanche gli eventi fanno al caso suo, se questo vogliamo proprio chiamarlo evento che secondo me non è.

Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Man of Steel

Letto #6
Nah, regas, King ha giusto quelle 2 o 3 cose da dire e basta... ormai sta cazzeggiando da...tipo il primo numero...
Magari fosse solo noioso, numeri scritti in questa maniera fanno proprio schifo, King pare quasi essere diventato una sua parodia...oppure questo numero è scritto da un perdente che si finge di essere King e cerca di replicare qualcosa di simile a Vision/Mister Miracle.
Doveva essere una mini di 6 ed è diventata una maxi di 9, ma...boh...poteva benissimo raccontare tutto in 5 numeri.
È stato spoilerato praticamente tutto, ma a dir la verità, il modo in cui è scritta questa storia...King non è andato a coprire chissà quale segreto...Ora avremo giusto un twist finale e bon.
A differenza di tutte le altre "Crisis" non so se rileggerò mai questa qui, veramente costruita male, non sta facendo altro che allungare il brodo, con pg di cui non frega una mazza a nessuno, però ti rubano via mezzo numero. :nono:

E niente, lo storytelling di King è sempre lo stesso...era PERFETTO per Vision, dato che è dannatamente monotono, ma direi anche Mister Miracle, per via di come si comportano i pg.
Ho sempre avuto problemi ad inquadrarlo per bene, ma non più, questo writer ha un gran potenziale, ma ha anche dei GROSSI limiti. :nono:
Deve imparare a scegliere i suoi pg/storie...con molta attenzione, sennò è fottuto.
Inutile dire che qua ha scazzato di brutto.
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Azrael

Vedo che voi ci siete andati piu' pesanti di me, bene cosi.

Azrael

Heroes in Crisis #6
Written by Tom King
Art by Clay Mann, Mitch Gerads and Tomeu Morey
Lettering by Clayton Cowles
Published by DC Comics
Review by David Pepose
'Rama Rating: 7 out of 10

"But maybe Gnarrk overthink it."

Despite what the front page copy might declare, I don't think there's much in the way of new answers to the massacre at the heart of Heroes in Crisis #6 - but honestly, if that's why you're reading this book, you've probably been disappointed from the start. While I do think this sixth issue of the series spins its wheels with a little bit of redundancy, writer Tom King and artist Mitch Gerads are at their best exploring new twists on characterization, breathing new life into heroes long since discarded by the zeitgeist.

While there might be some who see it as one-note or gimmicky, King's take on the Titans' caveman Gnarrk proves to be the most refreshing thing about this issue - that while he seems brutish and simple by contemporary standards, this time-lost barbarian would be considered a scholar in his era, thinking deeply on Keats, Hobbes, and Rosseau. And in so doing, Gnarrk actually philosophizes himself over the great tragedy of his origin - namely, was it even worth it to bring him to the modern day, or did the trappings of civilization stamp out something deeper and more pure lost to antiquity? Like Lagoon Boy before him, I think King does a really admirable job at dusting off a character who I think many consider to be a D-lister amongst the Titans line-up - which I think ultimately is the biggest draw for a universe-spanning title like Heroes in Crisis.

With that in mind, I also want to talk about how beautifully Mitch Gerads and colorist Tomeu Morey portray these scenes. I'll be honest with you - Gerads' style in these scenes seems to seamless from Mann's that I actually had to do a double-take when I looked at the credits on the last page of the book. Whereas the other characters feel more grittily rendered with their inks - particularly Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, who I'll get back to later - the pages with Gnarrk are exquisitely inked, with a simplicity of the linework that I think really speaks to King's overarching themes of primitive states versus a more "civilized" era. Morey's colors are also beautiful here - from a moonlit night to waves of amber across a field, each setting feels realized and almost peaceful compared to the story going on around it, even during the moments where Gnarrk has to fight for his life.

So what holds this issue back, if anything? I'd argue that when the character work recedes from the overarching puzzle at the heart of this series, Heroes in Crisis #6 loses some of the engagement in favor of its more mechanical plot points. The whodunnit of this book still looms large over this series - and like I said, despite what the cover copy says, I think there's plenty more wrinkles at play here — but that means King and Gerads have to spend even more time with Wally West and Harley Quinn, whose stories I think have already been well-plumbed at this point. King and Gerads get some good moments with Wally as he's reunited with the rest of the DC Universe - it's genuinely heartbreaking for all these characters to say Wally's return is the return of hope, when you see the look of pure despondence on his face - but while it's well-crafted, it feels a little redundant compared to previous issues. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy's vignettes, even more so - while they explain why Harley was in Sanctuary to begin with, I'm not sure we get any new information beyond what Harley told us last issue.

With three more issues to go, however, King has every opportunity to stick the landing with who killed the heroes at Sanctuary - but at the same time, I'm not sure that's the biggest strength of this series. Mysteries come and go, but it's the emotional attachment to characters that is what makes a story really stand the test of time - which is why I think Gnarrk's unlikely tale as a caveman philosopher, while perhaps a little goofy as a premise on paper, winds up being the best part of this book in execution. With his Mister Miracle collaborator Mitch Gerads delivering some truly stirring and versatile artwork, it's clear that King is very adept at delving into the tortured hearts of his characters, and making readers care for them in the process- hopefully as this series winds down into its final act, he'll be able to still give those characters the focus they deserve as he pulls off his big reveal.