News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Green Lantern: The War of the Green Lanterns (USA)

Aperto da Azrael, 23 Marzo 2011, 14:30:18

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

nicoman

Ragazzi una domanda: ma la Green Lanterns war sarebbe quello che succede dopo giorno più splendente? mi sto un attimo perdendo XD
Un'altra cosa (un pò off topic): voi per stare al passo vi fate arrivare fumetti americani? grazie a tutti :)

"I hear words but I cannot understand them.
The roar of the fire inside my brain...bloats out everything.
Suddenly I remember a former name. Someone named Jack Moore. Was that me? He never got into figths. Hated violence.
Now violence seems so right. So natural.
For a moment I lose flight. The crazy power diminishes.
I realize I mustn't think. Just act.
Just Kill."

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:IL MIO MERCATINO: cerco graphic novel, vendo new 52. Passate!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nexus

Sì, è il nome della run (che coinvolge tutte le testate lanternose) dopo il Giorno più splendente ;)

Io seguo in TP (brossurati), ma stare al passo è un'utopia, sono indietro di anni  :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:
Previously known as Andrea.

Azrael

Preview di WAR OF THE GREEN LANTERNS: AFTERMATH #2

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Preview di GREEN LANTERN CORPS #63

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Azrael

THE Comic Vine Review by Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring

In the final issue of Green Lantern Corps, writer Scott Kolins tells three shot tales about members of the Corps in this final issue.

This final issue of Green Lantern Corps is split up into four chapters or four stories, each one of them involving a different member of the Corps. The first chapter is about Boodikka, the second about Salaak, the third about Kyle Rayner, and the fourth about Tomar and the corps as a whole.
The Good

We've seen a few final issues of books before the DCnU takes over, and so far, this is the best one. I like how the issue is split into four stories that more or less all come together by the end, but the thing I liked the most about this particular issue was the Kyle Rayner story.

Freddie Williams II did the art on this story and it looks brilliant. I've always enjoyed Williams art, and I love seeing him tackle the members of the Green Lantern Corps. What makes this story better than the rest is that it finally showed an element of the Corps I always knew existed: hatred of humans. Human lanterns may have saved the corps a few times, but they've also screwed things up just as much, and on top of that, they seem to be the only species that has more than one representative on the corps, minus Sinestro and his daughter Sora. It seems like while the team can be on thin ice with each other at times, they will always come together to fight the good fight because duty comes before emotion, and this issue shows that very well.

Each story has different artists on it, but it's all written by Scott Kolins who seems to have a good grasp on these characters and the dynamic of the corps. As much as I wish I could see more members of the corps highlighted in this issue, the few they picked was a nice send-off and over everything else, probably the best choice.
The Bad

Last issue blues. I've got them. I've been reading this series since issue number one, and it's a bummer to see everything set up over the years to hang in limbo, since none of us are sure what stories, characters, dynamics, and plots will be part of DCnU continuity, starting in September. The change in artists is a bit of a bummer as you read the issue, but it's four distinct styles, so it's not one of those cases where the editors are trying to slip one past you as you read.
The Verdict

Overall, I'm very bummed this is the last issue, but unlike a couple of other final issues I've read from DC this month, this one is actually a good read, and it doesn't feel like a throw-away issue. The writing, by Scott Kolins, is great and he has a good grasp of the characters, but overall, the Kyle Rayner story is by far the best. I recommend this issue, but I can't say you NEED this in your collection. It's a nice send-off for the series, but it leaves you wanting more, which, in this continuity, we will never get. Green Lantern Corps #1 revamps on September 21st.

Da CVine ( 4 Stelle su 5)

Buddy Baker

Letto il prologo e il #1 (GL 63-64) per adesso posso solo dire che Johns mi sta prendendo come sempre, se continua così potrebbe tirare fuori un'altra grande saga cosmica, spero soltanto che alla lunga non assomigli alla Sinestro Corps War

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Captain America

No. Non arriva alla bellezza della Sinestro corps war. Il motivo semplicemente è proprio nel fatto che gli altri scrittori non sono abbastanza bravi.

Buddy Baker

Personalmente invece l'ho trovata una bella saga, in particolare per il modo in cui analizza il rapporto tra le varie lanterne terrestri e quello tra i guardiani  ele lanterne, in piùha avuto il pregio di aver modificato lo status quo dell'universo di GL.
Gli albi migliori sono chiaramente quelli di Johns ma anche gli altri autori hanno fatto un ottimo lavoro a mio parere, in particolare ho trovato molto interessante l'Aftermath.
Promossa a pieni voti e non la reputo così tanto inferiore alla Sinestro Corps War

Clod

volevo chiedere: visto che non se ne può fare a meno, i tie-in del Corpo e EW sono di facile comprensione, pur non avendo letto quasi niente (se non i tie-in del Corpo per SW) di loro?

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Clod il 02 Ottobre 2011, 15:48:37
volevo chiedere: visto che non se ne può fare a meno, i tie-in del Corpo e EW sono di facile comprensione, pur non avendo letto quasi niente (se non i tie-in del Corpo per SW) di loro?

:sisi: Io almeno non ho avuto grossi problemi. Comunque per chiarire non sono tie-in, è proprio la saga principale che si sviluppa su tutte e tre le testate, su GL ci sono solo le parti 1-4-7-9 più il prologo, come poi vedere dal primo post del topic