Green Lantern: (Corps) + (New Guardians) & Red Lanterns (USA)

Aperto da Azrael, 10 Settembre 2011, 02:27:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Red Robin

a okok, meno male allora, un buo voto :nod:
Senti az visto che sei uno informato, ma per quanto riguarda i prossimi numeri
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Azrael

Citazione di: Guy Gardner il 19 Luglio 2012, 21:44:10

Non lo so, cosa dovrebbe cambiare? So che saranno coinvolte tutte le serie "Lanternose" (LV, Corps, Guardians e Red L.)  :w00t:
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Preview: Green Lantern: New Guardians #11

Red Robin

Citazione di: Azrael il 19 Luglio 2012, 21:47:17
Citazione di: Guy Gardner il 19 Luglio 2012, 21:44:10

Non lo so, cosa dovrebbe cambiare? So che saranno coinvolte tutte le serie "Lanternose" (LV, Corps, Guardians e Red L.)  :w00t:
right said ! :nod:  sono proprio curioso di scoprire che succederà !!!

Green Hankey

No nell'11 di NG

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Azrael

Preview: Red Lanterns #12

Doktor Sleepless

Non mi dite che per seguire Rise of the Third Army mi devo accollare pure GLC e New Guardians...
E' un cross-over in piena regola fra le testate lanternose tipo War of the Green Lantern, oppure posso tirare con il solo mensile di Johns?

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Doktor Sleepless il 04 Agosto 2012, 15:42:45
Non mi dite che per seguire Rise of the Third Army mi devo accollare pure GLC e New Guardians...
E' un cross-over in piena regola fra le testate lanternose tipo War of the Green Lantern, oppure posso tirare con il solo mensile di Johns?

dovrebbe essere come Sinestro Corps e War of The Green Lantern, quindi la prima che hai detto (con l'aggiunta pure di RL) :lolle:

Se non segui in albetti ma in tp o hc, te la caveresti con solo volume credo  :ahsisi:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Doktor Sleepless

porcaeva lo sospettavo...
RL lo seguivo già, adesso mi devo accollare pure altri due mensili inutili come ho fatto negli ultimi quattro anni con la serie precedente. Gli albetti in questi casi sono una maledizione.  :capocc:

Green Lantern

Clod

perlomeno, se è come per i precedenti, anche seguendo una serie soltanto (come me) dell'universo di LV, non si dovrebbero avere difficoltà di comprensione

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Doktor Sleepless

Ma veramente, prendendo l'esempio di War of the Green Lantern o di Sinestro Corps War, erano strutturati in modo tale che tutte le parti dell'evento fossero inserite nelle diverse serie esistenti. E tutte erano appositamente interdipendenti, in modo tale che l'evento in questione non sarebbe potuto essere completo senza seguire tutti i mensili.
Adesso su questo previews non è specificato che, ad ogni numero di ogni serie, corrisponda un determinato numero dell'evento (es. GL#13: Rise of the the Third Army part one, GLC#13: Rise of the the Third Army part two, NG#13: Rise of the the Third Army part three ecc.), quindi mi farebbe ben sperare sul fatto che possa seguire solo la serie di Johns. Ma nel dubbio, finirò per pre-ordinare tutto.

Azrael

"Red Lanterns" #12 brings a close to a full year of really agitated, blood-spewing, magnificent hideously ugly characters. It also provides Atrocitus with some much-needed closure as he has a shocking final battle with the Red Lantern Corps' equivalent to the Guardians' Manhunters: Abysmus.

Peter Milligan sets Abysmus up as Atrocitus' Jiminy Cricket and Captain Hook. True, Atrocitus has very little in common with Peter Pan, but in Abysmus, Atrocitus finds a challenge that both breaks the character down and clarifies his resolve. That's as close as I can get to saying that Milligan makes Atrocitus a character I actually care about, because I find nothing redeeming in Ryut's last native son. For that matter, Milligan doesn't provide much incentive to like any of the Red Lanterns, including Zilius Zox and Bleez, both of whom conclude their visit to Zamaron. The only exception could be Rankorr, but he really just helps guide the narrative along.

Millligan's story advances and the characters could be perceived as evolving, but they're simply not characters I find interesting. The story around them is where my interest lies as Milligan delivers a pair of nuggets for future adventures, including a revelation from Abysmus that the Guardians may have it out for the Red Lanterns and some foreshadowing from Rankorr redirecting readers to the upcoming "Green Lantern" Annual. Abysmus declares the rage of the Red Lanterns -- and Atrocitus in particular -- to be a dead end, something I thought this series would be after four issues. While I was wrong in that assessment, the fact remains that there really isn't much I find appealing about these characters. "Red Lanterns," has become less about the characters and more solely about the spectacle.

Miguel Sepulveda's artwork is perfect for the collection of oddities and grotesque actions that occur in this issue. That makes the story more palatable for me as I found myself marveling at the bizarre aliens and detailed outfits in "Red Lanterns" #12. The texture of the black portion of Atrocitus' uniform is nearly tangible through Sepulveda's collaboration with colorists Rain Beredo and Santi Arcas. Furthermore, Carlos M. Mangual adds depth and delineation to these characters through a plethora of word balloon styles, giving each of the hideous participants distinct voices.

With the plot seeds Milligan plants in this issue, the development of event and conflict becomes more apparent. Now that Atrocitus has been forced to embrace his greatest mistake, hopefully we can look forward to at least one issue that doesn't include the Red Lantern leader whining about the tragedy of his past and instead celebrates as part of the galactic spectacle surrounding him and his Lanterns. "Red Lanterns" should be about battle and rage, not navel-gazing and pondering. I'm much more interested in conflicts like the one between Abysmus and Atrocitus than I am in Atrocitus once more reflecting on the day the Manhunters took Ryut.

3/5

CBR

Clod

Citazione di: Doktor Sleepless il 04 Agosto 2012, 19:59:41
Ma veramente, prendendo l'esempio di War of the Green Lantern o di Sinestro Corps War, erano strutturati in modo tale che tutte le parti dell'evento fossero inserite nelle diverse serie esistenti. E tutte erano appositamente interdipendenti, in modo tale che l'evento in questione non sarebbe potuto essere completo senza seguire tutti i mensili.
Adesso su questo previews non è specificato che, ad ogni numero di ogni serie, corrisponda un determinato numero dell'evento (es. GL#13: Rise of the the Third Army part one, GLC#13: Rise of the the Third Army part two, NG#13: Rise of the the Third Army part three ecc.), quindi mi farebbe ben sperare sul fatto che possa seguire solo la serie di Johns. Ma nel dubbio, finirò per pre-ordinare tutto.
quello che intendevo dire è che l'evento si diparte sì nelle varie testate, magari costringendo a prendere i numeri coinvolti; ma si tratta soltanto di quei numeri, pr cui non è richiesto di aver seguito dall'inizio le loro rispettive serie
per dire, in War of Green Lanterns, ho seguito oltre alla serie di Johns, le parti di EW e del Corpo legate ad essa, visto che proseguivano la vicenda generale, senza soffermarsi troppo su quello che fosse successo in precedenza nelle rispettive serie (ed evitandomi quindi scomodi recuperi)
addirittura in Sinestro Corps, il Corpo per me è risultato pressochè inutile (oltre che brutto), se non giusto per la parte con Prime e Sodam Yat

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.