Green Lantern: (Corps) + (New Guardians) & Red Lanterns (USA)

Aperto da Azrael, 10 Settembre 2011, 02:27:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Buddy Baker

New Guardians 0 é tutto tranne che un numero 0, detto questo peró non mi é dispiaciuto e anzi l'ho trovato abbastanza interessante

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Green Lantern

idem, anche se praticamente è il numero 13, non lo 0

Alex_UNLIMITED

Ho una certa urgenza di sapere se la nuova lanterna rossa della terra, John Moore alias Rankorr, sia in grado di tornare alla fase normale da quando ha l'anello. Cioè, di calmarsi e togliersi i vestiti aderenti delle lanterne rosse insomma, per poi ritornare una lanterna rossa appena ne ha bisogno. Ho letto che ha il controllo su di sè, può parlare mentre è una lanterna rossa e dovrebbe anche essere in grado di creare costrutti, ma non sò se può tornare normale oppure è costretto a rimanere lanterna rossa.

Green Lantern

no, non può togliersi l'anello perchè altrimenti morirebbe, il suo cuore ora è alimentato dall'energia dell'anello.

Alex_UNLIMITED

Ma può tornare vestito normalmente ed essere John Moore?

Azrael

Preview: Red Lanterns #0

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Azrael

"Red Lanterns" #0 recaps an origin that is only a few years old. Yes, this is superfluous. It can be admitted that Peter Milligan, Ardian Syaf and Vincente Cifuentes do a good job of turning a recap into some form of a tale but that doesn't stop this issue covering the same ground as two paragraphs on Wikipedia.

This issue opens so well, too. We open on a young girl on Ryutt yelling up at a Manhunter. It's a cute moment that holds all the foreboding of every atrocity to come. Her father, Atros, leads her away and Milligan paints an image of blissful parenthood with all its complications. Once we leave this grounded tale of characters and descend into a world of charred bodies and intergalactic war, I have to admit my eyes glazed over. Every action and apparent emotion is so strong and over the top this ends up feeling like an homage to '90s comics in all their terrible glory. It goes so far beyond eliciting a response that it simply dulls. This is the comic equivalent of performing delicate brain surgery with a very blunt mallet.

There is plenty of violent red war on these pages. Ardian Syaf and Vincente Cifuentes are well suited to this type of tale as they bring shadowy and cross-hatched figures to brutal life. Every character ripples with either extra muscles or slithery tentacles. None of the Five Inversions -- the group of proto-Red Lanterns that decimate all they see -- have lips, so they constantly grimace and gnash their many teeth. Every page drips in red rage and atmosphere.

"Red Lanterns" #0 is not the sort of comic that will lure in the casual reader. Unfortunately, it's also the sort of product that scares away so many other potential readers because it confirms their worst fears about comic book content. This book is simple and violent. While it contains some underlying fun, it is mostly thin with content that feels like the layman's inaccurate stereotype of a comic book.

2/5

CBR

Green Lantern

Citazione di: Alex_UNLIMITED il 24 Settembre 2012, 16:40:30
Ma può tornare vestito normalmente ed essere John Moore?

no non può proprio tornare ad essere normale, l'anello l'ha trasformato definitivamente perchè se se lo toglie muore. però ha ancora una parte del suo intelletto originario.

Alex_UNLIMITED

Comunque potrebbe aspettare che l'anello si scarichi, no?

Green Lantern

Red Robin

Azrael

PREVIEW: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #13

Azrael

Third Army tie in! Guy is on a mission to save his loved ones while John has a mission of his own.
The Good
Those Guardians of the Galaxy are total jerks, and I love it. This is the most attractive thing about this story line to me: The Guardians are the true enemy and they'll do some pretty scummy things in order to create their new form of order, which is apparently a bunch of mindless drones they call the Third Army. This is the second time in a GL book we really get to see the Third Army in action. I'm not the biggest fan of how they look, but I really like them. I like the idea that these characters assimilate others to their race. The finale is a very cool scene of exactly that.

I like John Stewart's mission here. I felt, by far, his side of the story, in this issue, was the most appealing. John has to help a fan favorite Green Lantern come back. His moment in this issue was relatively brief, but it's the most memorable of the issue.

Peter Tomasi does a great job with dialogue, especially Guy Gardner's. I love how he writes him. There's a few times where I thought his dialogue was way too cheesy, but that's him. That's Guy. He speaks in cliches and bad 1990s catchphrases at times, and it puts a big smile on my face. I also really enjoy Guy in a leadership role. He's perfect for the job, even if he is a loose cannon.

The Bad
I felt like I was two steps ahead of the writing and story here. Maybe I have ESP, but at every turn, I knew what was happening. I've come to expect the worst from the Guardians, so the numerous reveals we see here felt obvious to me. The same thing happened with John Stewart's mission. I felt like I knew what was happening the second I saw a rock in his hand.

There's a guest penciller on this issue, Cafu. Cafu's art is consistent and is ok. My biggest problem is that the page and panel layouts are incredibly dry. At the end of the issue, we see numerous pages with four long panels on each page, and it's a 50/50 split between medium shots and close ups. We're in the midst of battle. I'd rather see chaos. I don't like these static pages.

The Verdict
This is a down the middle of the road issue for me. GREEN LANTERN CORPS is an ok book. I think Tomasi's writing is pretty solid, and he does well with the dialogue, but I felt the most compelling part of this issue, John's story, was so brief and it overshadowed Guy's story which was just alright for me. The art was, again "alright," but I had big problems with the face we saw numerous pages with the exact same panel set up.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this issue. I think there's some good set up here for the Third Army story line and this is a great place to jump on, but overall, it's a mixed bag of nuts. If you've been wanting to jump on GLC, this is a good place to do so.

3/5

CVine