Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

HCPunk

Da quanto ho capito, allora non è proprio collegata a Event Leviathan (di cui non mi sono spoilerato nulla)
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Kenshiro

Citazione di: HCPunk il 11 Settembre 2019, 07:23:28
Da quanto ho capito, allora non è proprio collegata a Event Leviathan (di cui non mi sono spoilerato nulla)
L'unico collegamento è che Frankie non ha più un datore di lavoro per via di EL. :lolle:
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

HCPunk

Citazione di: Gon Freecs il 11 Settembre 2019, 07:54:46
L'unico collegamento è che Frankie non ha più un datore di lavoro per via di EL. :lolle:

Perfetto così posso seguirla in anticipo senza aspettare  :sisi:
E anche tu so farai lo stesso vista la tua ansia di leggerla  :lolle:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."

Azrael

HCPunk

Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

Arkin Torsen

Ho l'impressione che possa essere la serie giusta per Orlando. Il problema è che non mi interessano i personaggi. Vediamo.
La miglior vendetta è vivere bene, e stronzate del genere (John Constantine)

Kenshiro

Citazione di: HCPunk il 11 Settembre 2019, 07:57:35

Potrei andare di TP se fosse meritevole.

eX Gon Freecss

HCPunk

Citazione di: Gon Freecs il 11 Settembre 2019, 16:58:53
Citazione di: HCPunk il 11 Settembre 2019, 07:57:35

Potrei andare di TP se fosse meritevole.

Beh, 9.5  :dsi:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

Kenshiro

Si, ma dato da chi? Topo Gigio? :lol:
Preferisco leggermi una preview.

eX Gon Freecss

Azrael

Gotham City Monsters #1
Written by Steve Orlando
Art by Amancay Nahuelpan, Trish Mulvilhill
Lettering by Tom Napolitano
Published by DC
Review by C.K. Stewart
'Rama Rating: 8 out of 10

Gotham City Monsters #1 reminds me of 2002's Queen of the Damned, the cult classic Anne Rice adaptation that features the vampire Lestat as an international superstar front-man of a hard rock band. There's an undercurrent of delightful weirdness that weaves through every bit of the debut issue — the kind of delightful weirdness that can make or break this kind of modern monster tale, from the gleeful tongue-in-cheek script and action of The Mummy (Rick and Evie forever) to the more recent and ill-fated Tom Cruise adaptation of the same name, whose weird waffling between overwrought emotional drama and Russell Crowe's fantastic, scenery-chewing Jeckyll and Hyde brought a swift end to Universal Studios' Dark Universe dreams.

In this week's debut issue, the Gotham City Monsters team aims to do what Universal Studios couldn't: deliver a world where Earth's supernatural-est heroes come together to face down a threat only they could take on. In Monstertown, a forgotten Gotham neighborhood left to its own devices while Bane rules the city proper, former vampire king Andrew Bennett discovers his vampire brethren have formed a cult celebrating a new master — a Martian menace that only Frankenstein himself may be able to stop.

Writer Steve Orlando's enthusiasm for the concept is clear throughout, though the script this week is at times slow-moving; there's five different disparate origin stories to cram into a single issue, tied together by narration that has a hint of scenery-chewing dramatic flair. The moments that are good are great: Frankenstein and Bennett in particular are standouts, not just because they're the primary focus, but because of the way artist Amancay Nahuelpan and colorist Trish Mulvilhill lean into some extremely specific character designs that I can really only describe as being extremely horny for monsters. Bennett, shirtless, in abs and all black with his tousled hair, screams for some Hozier to blast in the background, while Frankenstein, who should absolutely be voiced by Brendan Fraser in an animated Gotham City Monsters movie, looks like he snuck off the set of an early-aughts My Chemical Romance video.

I say this with fondness and frankly delight — there's something about these designs and Orlando's almost Shelley-esque literary dialogue that imbues Gotham City Monsters #1 with enough glee and charm to carry you through the slower moments to the dramatic final pages, introducing the big bad and hinting at the gang getting together in very short order. This series hits on the particular kind of weirdness the likes of Fables or Once Upon a Time or Sleepy Hollow hit on, media that capitalizes on the novelty of bringing all those things you love to the present day in weird and exciting ways. It helps that this miniseries is to a degree divorced from the "main" DC Universe. Nahuelpan and Mulvilhill bring some liveliness to the house style through the design choices and eye-popping moments of high visual drama (the second to last page rules extremely hard), which keeps the issue from feeling too Dracula Untold or I, Frankenstein (the movie, not the comic). Keep an eye on this one — Gotham City Monsters has the potential to be one of the best comics events of the fall.

HCPunk

Letto #1

Ok non è da 9.5.. :nono:
Però non è male, in questo primo numero si presentano in fretta i personaggi e si corre, visti i 6 numeri totali.

C'è anche un bell'intreccio tra loro e la storia di fondo, seppur "classica" come
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
ci sta.
Ma la cosa che mi ha incuriosito è il ritorno di
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
e subito mi viene in mente Seven Soldiers.
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

Azrael

Gotham City Monsters #1 (Published by DC; Review by Forrest C. Helvie; 'Rama Rating: 4 out of 10):

The idea of bringing together a handful of DC's underutilized monsters in Monstertown sounds promising, but the overly dour and self-serious tone Steve Orlando and Amancay Nahuelpan take sucks the life out of this premise faster than any vampire could. Overwrought dialogue and narration leads to a feeling of the characters trying too hard to be taken seriously, and character development leans too heavily on whether readers are aware of the shared DC universe for this to be an effective introduction to the cast and why we should care about them. And while the art was serviceable, there was a lack of dynamic pacing and layouts to create a sense of mystery and excitement that might have helped cement the intended tone. Gotham City Monsters already felt like a long shot title just based on concept alone, but without the execution to back it up, these horror heroes might be (un)dead on arrival.

HCPunk

Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

Azrael

GOTHAM CITY MONSTERS #4
written by STEVE ORLANDO
art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
cover by HOWARD PORTER
Melmoth has come to Gotham City, and he's ready to use the dark forces of the city to carry out his final attack on the Multiverse at large. While he figured his old servant Frankenstein would be rallying his monstrous friends to give him trouble, Melmoth didn't bargain on the Bat family taking notice. (Don't they have enough to do with Bane and all that other stuff?) But take notice Batwoman has, and she's looking to add some extra kick to the efforts of Killer Croc, Lady Clayface, and the rest. It may not be enough, however, when Melmoth puts one of their own— Andrew Bennett, a.k.a. I, Vampire—under his evil spell.
ON SALE 12.11.19
$3.99 US |4 OF 6|32 PAGES
FC|DC