Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Flash Forward (USA) di Scott Lobdell

Aperto da Azrael, 12 Giugno 2019, 13:10:17

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Mister C

:mmm:

Fatemi capire:  Wally è
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

:mmm:

:lolle:

db

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 16 Agosto 2019, 23:36:48

Boh, il senso di questa mini...

le cover di Shaner :wub:

(l'idea di roy ammazzavampiri di questo numero però sembra simpatica)

Mister C

Citazione di: db il 19 Agosto 2019, 12:50:06
Citazione di: Man of Steel il 16 Agosto 2019, 23:36:48

Boh, il senso di questa mini...

le cover di Shaner :wub:

(l'idea di roy ammazzavampiri di questo numero però sembra simpatica)
Sì, è vero! :asd:

Azrael

FLASH FORWARD #4
written by SCOTT LOBDELL
art by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
cover by EVAN "DOC" SHANER
variant cover by INHYUK LEE
On Wally West's journey into the depths of the Multiverse, he's run across vampires and hellhounds and his own ghosts from the past...but nothing has prepared him for this next stop on his journey. In this issue, the mysterious world that is causing the Dark Multiverse to bleed into our own will be revealed, and you will not believe what connection it has to the Fastest Man Alive...
ON SALE 12.18.19
$3.99 US |4 OF 6|32 PAGES
FC|DC
This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Man of Steel

È qualcosa di nuovo e differente, parla di Wally quindi ha il mio interesse.
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Kenshiro

Uhm, leggiucchiato per caso, e...è interessante.
Mi spiace per Lobdell che dovrà fare un lavorone per ripristinare il buon nome di Wally.
Non muore mai ciò che in eterno può aspettare,
E dopo strane ere anche la morte muore.

eX Gon Freecss

Azrael

Flash Forward #1
Written by Scott Lobdell
Art by Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, and Luis Guerrero
Letters by Troy Peteri
Published by DC
Review by Justin Partridge
'Rama Rating: 5 out of 10

Redemption arcs get multiversal in the debut Flash Forward #1. Very much aimed at getting Wally West back into action after his downfall in Heroes in Crisis, writer Scott Lobdell is certainly trying here. Divided between Wally's new normal as an inmate at Blackgate Prison and as the new avatar of Tempus Fuginaut, Flash Forward posits a story in which this former Flash is forced to be a hero again, despite his sullen insistence against it. Unfortunately, though the hook is soundly strange, Lobdell can't really reconcile the two tones in this debut, opting instead to focus more on the wounded, down-and-out Wally and his bloody misdeeds (complete with a fair amount of visual cues), and less on the fun, world-hopping hook.

That macabre focus also extends to the artwork in this debut too. Rendered in highly detailed and splashy '90s-inspired pages by Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, and Luis Guerrero, the pages really come alive when something "big" is happening, such as the Tempus Fuginaut's introduction as well as Wally facing down Tarpit and Girder in a brutal prison fight. But once Wally is alone with his thoughts and numerous (ahem) flashbacks to the events in Heroes in Crisis, that sketchiness and rawly inked anatomy works against the debut, making it looked rushed and tonally jarring. While I am all for getting Wally West back into play, I wish his re-debut could have been a little tighter than Flash Forward #1 ended up being.

For those of you that skipped Heroes in Crisis, you'll be caught up to speed whether you like it or not, as Wally West is more than willing to talk about it throughout the opening moments of Flash Forward. After a delightfully weird and over-too-soon cold open that establishes the stakes of this limited series, we are thrown into the thick of West's self-loathing thanks to Lobdell. Adjusting to life in Blackgate Prison, Wally is a man defeated. We know that thanks to Lobdell's near constant self-effacing narration, containing lines like: "Dreams? I don't deserve them."

Lobdell then doubles down on this gloominess, edging his navigation through Blackgate with flashbacks to Sanctuary, facing Wally with icons from his past (like ex-wife Linda Park), and powerful visual cues like Wally laying on his bunk with a potter's field of dead heroes visualized under him. It's a bit on the nose, but even more disappointingly, it bogs down the real fun of Wally's incoming partnership with Tempus Fuginaut. While I understand we need to understand just how low Wally has sank in the time since Heroes in Crisis, I'm not sure we needed to know it just to this extent.

Furthermore, cutting from a prison fight to "interludes" about the Mobius Chair and multiversal breakdown leads to some real tonal whiplash that I am not sure Flash Forward can sustain for five more issues. It's as if Lobdell wants to have his cake and eat it, too — he wants to tell a gritty story about a fallen hero rising again to good, but he also wants to tell this crazy story about the Dark Multiverse and how Wally can protect us from it. Too bad he can't mesh both into one in Flash Forward #1.

But thankfully the artwork of Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, and Luis Guerrero bring a little bit of spark to Flash Forward #1. Though themselves bogged down by the callbacks to Heroes in Crisis, that aforementioned bunk scene is preceded by a "bro-ish" flashback to Roy Harper and Wally in the Sanctuary kitchens, Booth and team handle the jump between the mundane and cosmic much better than the script. Starting with the immensely detailed and Kirby Krackle infused introduction to the Fuginaut, Booth and company plant down a flag for "bigness" pretty early.

Unfortunately, they have to downshift a bit going into the Blackgate scenes. These have a real tension to them, even though Booth's take on Wally looks more like Cletus Kasaday than the ginger-headed speedster, thanks to the way Booth portrays Wally as almost spindly compared to bigger, more outwardly aggressive foils like Double-Down, Grider, and Tarpit. That said, these latter two feature prominently in a real belter of an action scene in which their inhibitor collars are knocked away and the full, massive extent of their powers are unleashed on the still wafer-thin Wally - while I would have loved to have seen a bit more time in space from the artists, scenes like this show that Flash Forward might look sharp for the long haul.

That said, Flash Forward #1 is a comic book at war with itself. On the one hand, it aims to be a heart-wrenching tale of a man coming back from horrors. On the other, it's a high-stakes romp through the 52 worlds in order to save it from destruction. But at least it looks fun, right? Here is hoping that the more Flash Forward moves forward that it will find itself along with Wally West's soul.

Azrael

Man of Steel

Letto #1
Damn...tante belle sorprese, non me lo aspettavo! :look:
Io ho...intenzione di seguire tutta la continuity del pg, ma è dura, regas...
Maledico Didio e King per aver messo Wally in questa posizione, specialmente dopo DCU Rebirth, non ho parole per rendere l'idea, perchè questa è...la cosa più sbagliata che uno potesse fare, davvero...
Frega niente se Wally abbia

Dai, forse non sarà solo una grande tortura... :nono:
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Catcher

Sto recuperando Williamson,  da quando posso leggere questa?

Azrael

Citazione di: Catcher il 20 Settembre 2019, 11:00:40
Sto recuperando Williamson,  da quando posso leggere questa?

Dopo la conclusione di Heroes in Crisis, con Flash piu' o meno dopo il #64.

Catcher

dan94

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 20 Settembre 2019, 10:53:52
Letto #1
Maledico Didio e King per aver messo Wally in questa posizione, specialmente dopo DCU Rebirth, non ho parole per rendere l'idea, perchè questa è...la cosa più sbagliata che uno potesse fare, davvero...

Sono pienamente d'accordo e spero che riescano a risollevare il mio pg preferito.
Mi accontento anche di poco, tipo che tolgono il Wally falso che non ha proprio senso e confonde i nuovi lettori

Azrael

Flash Forward #1 (Published by DC; Review by Kat Calamia; 'Rama Rating: 3 out of 10):

Wally West is a man of two worlds. The very concept that made Wally such an intriguing character in DC's "Rebirth" is the detriment of Flash Forward #1 . The issue opens up with a sprawling segment of exposition about the multiverse, and then transitions into Wally wallowing about the events of Heroes in Crisis. It all feels very repetitive to what we've already seen explored in Tom King's event, and didn't give me enough to get excited for his potential redemption story. On visuals, Brett Booth is no stranger to Wally West with his work on Titans, but his pencils are too stylized for my liking. It's an acquired taste. At the start of "Rebirth," Wally West was one of the most promising characters of the universe, but his arc suffers as DC continues to stall to solve the mysteries of their new world.

HCPunk

Citazione di: dan94 il 20 Settembre 2019, 20:43:52
Citazione di: Man of Steel il 20 Settembre 2019, 10:53:52
Letto #1

Sono pienamente d'accordo e spero che riescano a risollevare il mio pg preferito.
Mi accontento anche di poco, tipo che tolgono il Wally falso che non ha proprio senso e confonde i nuovi lettori

Il black Wally? Ci hanno provato (Johns) ma...  :nono:
Sostieni DC LEAGUERS

"Non so da dove esce l'idea che gli angeli siano beati...a me fanno cacare sotto."