Aperto da Azrael, 10 Febbraio 2012, 18:25:15

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Lois Lane

Martian Manhunter

Citazione di: Clark Kent il 10 Settembre 2012, 17:24:53
9su10 e 1su5  :lolle:

favoloso  :lolle:
Andiamo bene :lolle: :lolle: :lolle: :lolle: :lolle: :lolle: :lolle:

Come sempre, l'unico vero giudizio è quello proveniente da se stessi.

Azrael

EARTH 2 #7
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Who is Hawkgirl? The secret is revealed!
• Mr. Terrific makes his first appearance on Earth 2 since he left our world!
• Don't miss the aftermath of "THE GRUNDY APOCALYPSE!"
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

PREVIEW: EARTH 2 #5

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Lois Lane

Azrael

Alan Scott must choose between two of of his great loves, which will it be?
The Good
So far throughout this series we've seen Hawkgirl, The Flash, and the Green Lantern meet and interact while still remaining slightly weary of one another.So far, we have been given a small look at the background of these characters. Now, we finally get to see these characters together playing on the same team and working toward a common goal.

One of the things that really stood out to me was the very subtle way that Alan Scott takes the initiative as the leader of the team. It's something Robinson has certainly been setting readers up for; listing Scott's accomplishments, citing his work ethic and giving us evidence of his sort of "type A" personality. Everything we've seen the last four issues of this series has been setting us up for this very moment: when Scott takes charge as the leader of the new team. Robinson doesn't do this in an in-your-face sort of way; he does it nonchalantly and with a lot of finesse. Scott takes charge not because he is Green Lantern, but hecause of his personality and the character we've seen in previous issues. It makes sense that he should be the leader; the one to command this new group of "wonders." However, Scott is also met with a challenge. Fighting for the protection of the planet is something that means a lot to him, but so is his love for Sam, his fiance who died in a train accident. It will be interesting to see the decision he (Alan Scott) ultimately makes.

These characters, while very different, work really well together. This issue serves as a great introduction to this new team. Nicola Scott's art is also fantastic in this issue; she's really perfect for the book.

The Bad
Can we talk about the Atom's costume? It's just a really goofy looking costume and I just could not take him seriously.

The Verdict
I won't say this was Robinson's best issue. I think it was really great, but not his best. While the pacing was good, and the way he managed to balance the two ongoing stories was good, I didn't feel like I cared much about Terry Sloan's character. I just don't find him interesting in this issue. I really liked the introduction to Amir Khan, however, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing how this Council plays into the politics on Earth 2. Readers also get a little bit more information about Hawkgirl. Since the start of this series, her character hasn't really been the focal point of the book; so it was nice to see Robinson slip in a bit of information about her character in this issue as well as establish a prior relationship between her character and the Atom. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this team come together, and I think this is a great start to the creation of a new team.

4/5

CVine

Green Hankey

bellissimo ed intenso numero  :w00t:

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Thanos

Molto molto bello questo numero, davvero coinvolgente. Alan un grandissimo personaggio.

Buddy Baker

Sta serie continua a non dirmi nulla, mi sa che a breve la mollerò

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Azrael

"Earth 2" #5 is a thick book. I wasn't even four pages into an initial flip-through and was thoroughly impressed by the vast amount of information James Robinson, Nicola Scott, Trevor Scott, Alex Sinclair and Dezi Sienty delivered. Despite an astonishing amount of word balloons (30 balloons in a nine-panel double-page spread), Sienty's letters work nicely with Nicola Scott's layouts to avoid catastrophic overlap of critical information. It certainly helps that Scott produces insanely detailed art. In the double-page spread that covers the second and third pages of this comic book, Scott leaves no doubt as to how big the room is, how many people are in there and what the overall function of that facility might be. That facility is a monitor room and Scott provides enough clarity for the monitors to actually function as connections to other parts of this issue. Scott's knack for detail is matched by her ability to draw up a great range of expressions and body types.

Colorist Alex Sinclair teams nicely with Scott and Sienty to make this world just seem different, especially as it falls under the touch of the Grey. The heroes are both realistically colored (Hawkgirl and Atom) and ridiculously bright (Green Lantern and Flash), which provides a nice balance to the story. Furthermore, Sinclair contributes some grand comic book effects to the characters, including an impressive melding of Kirby Krackle and atomic orbit around Atom's fists as he's powered up.

Following the hiccup of last month's "Earth 2" #0, James Robinson is able to resume the flow of his grander story with a passion. In addition to giving a little more background and substance to the four new "Wonders" (Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Flash, and Atom) the writer adds in concepts familiar in name like Commander Dodds and his Sandmen and Sentinel. Both of these notions are tied to the World Council, which gains some structure in this issue over the course of the narrative. Robinson avoids making this issue a gigantic exposition dump and there are an alarming amount of concepts given life in "Earth 2" #5. Robinson focuses on the four super-powered characters more extensively, including further hints of the relationship between Hawkgirl and Atom, and gives Atom a similar feistiness to his Golden Age namesake, Al Pratt. With Pratt as an abrasive personality, the other three are given a change to round into form a tiny bit more. This world is constantly growing, not just issue-to-issue, but page to page and even panel-to-panel. Robinson even goes back to bring in the developments of the zero issue, raising the stakes on all involved.

"Earth 2" is a title that seemed to suffer a bit from Zero Month as it interrupted the flow of James Robinson's story, but with that now in the past, Robinson's narrative resumes, pitting Green Lantern against Grundy and forging relationships among the other Wonders in this title. The greatest benefit to the zero issue is that the creative team got a reprieve, so this issue offers up sparkling visual consistency throughout the book. "Earth 2" #5 wound up an unexpected success, and the teases Robinson provides in this issue serve to further enhance the world.

4/5

CBR

Azrael

EARTH 2 #8
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by YILDIRAY CINAR
Cover by YILDIRAY CINAR and ART THIBERT
1:25 B&W Variant cover by YILDIRAY CINAR and ART THIBERT
On sale JANUARY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The alien war criminal Steppenwolf returns! It's been five years since he lead the forces of Apokolips against Earth — learn what he's been up to since then!
• Plus: What is the dark secret behind the last Amazon of Earth 2?

Corto Maltese

Spero tanto che questa serie arrivi in Italia. Robinson sulla JSA per me è una garanzia :sisi:
"Sarebbe bello vivere in una favola."

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Corto Maltese il 17 Ottobre 2012, 14:25:01
Spero tanto che questa serie arrivi in Italia. Robinson sulla JSA per me è una garanzia :sisi:

L'importante è che non ti aspetti una serie sulla JSA a cui sei abituato  :up:

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Thanos

Citazione di: Corto Maltese il 17 Ottobre 2012, 14:25:01

arriverà sicuramente. Praticamente la RW sta proponendo tutto quello che sta facendo la dc per cui io penso che non ci saranno problemi

Corto Maltese

@Buddy: non me l'aspetto infatti, mi fido di Robinson e basta :lol:

@Strange: lo spero tanto :)
"Sarebbe bello vivere in una favola."