Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Earth 2 (USA) di J.Robinson

Aperto da Azrael, 10 Febbraio 2012, 18:25:15

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Guardiano della Notte

Sta incuriosendo anche me...
ma, domandone:

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.
ALL OF EXISTENCE SHALL BE MINE!

Bruce Wayne

Anche secondo me, come dice x-joey, ce n'è una unica per tutto il Multiverso.

Selina Kyle

Per x-joey: secondo me la sincronia è voluta, nel senso che

Una mela al giorno...

Buddy Baker

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Green Lantern

dovete considerare che se così fosse però, allora

Comunque

Bruce Wayne

Dipende che tipo di interpretazione mantengono per i Nuovi Dei.

Se usano quella di Morrison, approfondita in Crisi Finale, non sarebbe così strano che questi dei fossero unici per tutto il multiverso, essendo la manifestazione fisica di idee platoniche.

Clod

Citazione di: Selina Kyle il 04 Maggio 2012, 16:33:34
Per x-joey: secondo me la sincronia è voluta, nel senso che

è vero, l'ho notata pure io questa cosa; anche perchè

We are called Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak. Our lifespan was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced. Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed. Weaknesses like... emotions, pain. You will become like us. You will be upgraded.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Guardiano della Notte

Mah... i disegni sono ottimi, l'abbozzo di trama non è male, però

ALL OF EXISTENCE SHALL BE MINE!

Thanos

Leggendo Crisi Infinita ho capito molto di più anche di questa serie...

A questo punto spero spunti fuori il dottor Fate in questo universo... :gnagna:

Azrael

The original belief behind a second Earth within the DC Universe was to explain how characters from the main DC titles could exist beside older, outdated versions of themselves. For example, in Earth-2, Superman's name was Kal-L, The Flash was Jay Garrick and Green Lantern was Alan Scott, except he got his powers from a ring of magic rather than one made of willpower by little blue men. So how does James Robinson's version stack up? To be honest, I'm intrigued. James Robinson turns in a decent story that does well to differentiate itself from the original DC universe.

From the onset, James Robinson immerses the readers in action. The first 21 pages are pure energy, but they also go far to introduce the three main characters, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. Robinson's version of these characters is a lot brighter than the Earth One versions. Superman is the confident leader he should be, Wonder Woman is a powerful and intelligent tactician and Batman is a less brooding, yet just as calculating version of himself. I liked all the characters, and thought Robinson's work in this issue really made them intriguing. The way the three work together kept me engaged in the story and I was genuinely curious to see how it would play out.

The final seven pages, however, detract from the beginning of the comic. Suddenly, Robinson switches to Alan Scott and Jay Garrick, yet both of these characters are shadows of their former selves. Here, Scott is now a media tycoon and Garrick is a shiftless loser. I wish Robinson had saved this type of character introduction for the second issue because it feels out of place here. The momentum comes to a dead stop, and then we're given a quick yet unsuccessful origin of Scott and Garrick's lives, both of which basically occur on a single page. The way the first part of the comic works to establish its characters is almost the opposite of how it attempts to do the same thing in the end. Robinson's execution in the beginning is not as fluid as his execution in the end. Whereas Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are all seamlessly intertwined with each other, Scott and Garrick feel like tacked-on additions to the story. Unfortunately, I think the last third of the book will diminish just how good this comic could have been.

As for the art, I was a bit thrown at first by Ivan Reis's cover, as Superman's costume looks different in the actual comic. But this bothered me only for a minute, because Nicola Scott's art is pretty good. The character lines are sharp and smooth, and for the amount of detail Scott has to draw, she succeeds in jamming the panels with imagery while not making them too cluttered. Like Reis, Scott's pages, while full, never loose their clean composition. Trevor Scott's inks help with this as each character is articulated wonderfully. Even background characters are highly detailed — as Wonder Woman talks with Mercury in the foreground of one panel, you can see Kal-L fighting a group of Parademons in the background. That fight may be in the distance, but the art team still makes it look powerful.

This is also due to Alan Sinclair's colors. Superman's blues never looked more engaging, and even Batman's dark colors seem to shine in Sinclair's hands. Basically, the heroes look like heroes. The art is really the best part of the comic as even the scenes lacking action — like those found at the end of the issue — still appear as visually engaging, particularly the final page.

I'm still on board with Earth 2, but I'm not sure Robinson can keep the momentum going if he has to work so hard on revamping characters for new readers. We're given a new Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the beginning of the issue, and their origins are woven seamlessly into the story. Garrick and Scott, however, feel out of place here, and now that I see towards whom Robinson is shifting his focus, I wonder if he'll be able to tell as good a story with such uninteresting characters.

6 out of 10

Da Newsarama

Azrael

"EARTH 2" #4 COVER INTRODUCES HAWKGIRL

Last week saw the debut of James Robinson and Nicola Scott's highly-anticipated "Earth 2," part of DC Comics' Second Wave of New 52 titles. In it, three of the titular other-dimensional Earth's biggest and most iconic heroes -- Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman -- fell in battle with Apokalips, while Robin and Supergirl -- the daughter of Batman and cousin of Superman -- disappeared through what appeared to be some sort of boom tube. While readers know the super-powered sidekicks were transported to Earth Prime where they took up the identities of Power Girl and the Huntress, citizens of Earth 2 believe them all dead and will soon witness the debut of a number of new heroes in the wake of their tragic loss.

The covers to "Earth 2" #2 and #3 have revealed two of these heroes already in Jay Garrick's Flash and Alan Scott's Green Lantern. While many fans were expecting the third hero to be Al Pratt's Atom (Pratt was in the first issue, as were Scott and Garrick), in CBR's exclusive debut of Ivan Reis and Joe Prado's cover for "Earth 2" #4, the world is introduced to a character whose New 52 Earth Prime counterpart has yet to surface: Hawkgirl.

"I'm excited for readers to see this new Earth 2 version of Hawkgirl," Robinson told CBR. "As the co-creator of the original Kendra Saunders, I've taken pains to keep the essence of her personality while adding a more two-fisted quality to her as well. I'm also enjoying developing another aspect to her, in that with the absence of Batman, she must also step up and become the great detective of Earth 2. I hope readers will enjoy watching her find her place in this new world as a part of this new team of heroes."

"Earth 2" #4 featuring the debut of Hawkgirl hits stores in July.

Da CBR

Lois Lane

Bucky Barnes

Conosciuto precedentemente come Doctor Mid-Nite

Lois Lane

non mi piace. Passare dalle mazze e armi "barbare" a due pistole alla Jason Todd mi perplime. E il casco è bruttissimo.