Aperto da Azrael, 10 Febbraio 2012, 18:25:15

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Thanos

Deadpool

Ecco, Terra 2 già mi potrebbe interessare di più  :sisi:

Lois Lane

Citazione di: Azrael il 30 Aprile 2012, 21:34:20
Preview: Earth Two #1

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

fico

Azrael

Citazione di: Clark Kent il 01 Maggio 2012, 13:10:38
Citazione di: Azrael il 30 Aprile 2012, 21:34:20
Preview: Earth Two #1

fico

Più che fico  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Bucky Barnes

Interessante :sisi:
peccato che non ci sia il Dick di Terra 2.
Conosciuto precedentemente come Doctor Mid-Nite

Azrael

It looks like second time is the charm — at least, it is when it comes to DC and Earth 2 #1. And if you think that it's a little too early for yet another new universe in the wake of The New 52, you might be pleasantly surprised by James Robinson's remix of the DC mythos. Familiar yet unencumbered by years of continuity, there's a specific tone and direction that this series takes that I'd say, just on first blush, actually feels like a stronger launch than Geoff Johns' Justice League.

Robinson starts off smart by establishing that, on Earth 2, everyone knew who the Big Damn Heroes of the DC Universe were — Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman — and shows us what makes them the best of the best. Superman, unlike his current New 52 incarnation, is defined by his reverence for life, and even Wonder Woman's violent, Wolverine-esque characterization is later tempered by an almost daughterly love for her Amazon pantheon. It's that sort of deeper world underneath the surface that lets Robinson have his cake and eat it, too, in a way that I think The New 52 has avoided to a self-conscious and even self-destructive extent — it alludes to a deeper history of the DCU, a bigger world than we know, one that we'll all uncover and discover together.

It also doesn't hurt that Nicola Scott is on art. She's got that dynamic Jim Lee composition and sleekness to her characters, but she also has that clean line of Ivan Reis and even a hint of that George Perez pop to the expressions and sheer scale of action on the page. Despite a stint on Wonder Woman, Scott's been an overlooked artist for awhile, but she's definitely earning some wider recognition here. Perhaps most interesting is the tone Scott's work takes, especially with colorist Alex Sinclair — even an extinction-level conflict with Apokolips is tinged with a swollen red, but at the same time, the clean heroes represent an optimism and hope that says maybe Earth will survive without a scratch. While that doesn't exactly wind up being the case, Sinclair's blue skies at the end of the book foster a sense of a new beginning, of a new age of true DC heroism. It's been missed.

Perhaps James Robinson's greatest trick in Earth 2 is that he manages to engage readers even as he spends most of the issue playing with characters that we likely won't see again. Like DC's best epics — think Kingdom Come or JSA — Robinson and Scott's Earth 2 is about living up to legacies... but it isn't solely defined by them. There's a new pantheon being born on Earth 2, a new history, a new generation of hero. This may be the relaunch we were all waiting for.

9 out of 10

Da Newsarama

Azrael

Earth 2 #1 kicks off the story of DC's parallel earth, and things couldn't be more different.
DC's 'Second Wave' launches with the first issue of EARTH 2. This will be a Spoiler free review.

The Good
The level of shock value in this book is tremendous, but EARTH 2 #1 is much more than just "shocking;" it's good. It is serious, and sad and poignant in parts. The pacing is heightened because it's war-time, but Robinson doesn't sacrifice dialogue to get everything he wants into this issue. The book opens with a narrator at the very start, but his identity is not revealed until the final few pages of the issue. This is war, and everything points to that. The language, the level of self sacrifice, the perseverance -- this is the story of the big three going to war together, with the knowledge that each of them has lost absolutely everything in their lives worth fighting for. In between punches we see their internal dialogue reveal their struggle -- they are in tremendous pain, and it is heartbreaking. Everything sets the tone of "all out war" in these first few pages.

If you read the first issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE back in September, and have been following the series then you will notice some similarities in plot points in this first issue of EARTH 2. Like the JL book by Johns and Lee, EARTH 2 also launches five years in the past and the focus of the issue is on one fateful day -- the day the Apokolips War ended. All I will say is that war does not end without some casualties.

The art in this issue is absolutely beautiful. When artist Nicola Scott teamed up with Gail Simone for WONDER WOMAN, I absolutely fell in love with her work; so it's certainly a pleasure to see her illustrate the big three here. Scott captures the movement, agility and sheer raw emotion of these characters in each of her panels. When we see apocalyptic war portrayed in comics, the panels often feel rather cluttered. To demonstrate that there is a lot of stuff going on, the artists need to pack a lot of "stuff" into the tiny panels. This usually results in the book appearing rather cluttered and all over the place -- but not here. Scott maintains the focus of each of her central characters (be it Diana, Superman or Batman) in each action packed scene.

The Bad
Some of the dialogue is a little bit flowery. I think the most unconvincing was the scene with Batman and Helena. I don't know if I was really convinced that he sounded like Batman. I do, however, think that Robinson had a great grasp on the rest of the characters in this issue.

The Verdict
I thought it was interesting to see this story launch five years into the past, just like the JUSTICE LEAGUE series did. It's interesting to see how much more mature these characters are compared to the way they are, act and work together in the New 52 JUSTICE LEAGUE. I enjoyed this book a lot. In fact, I liked it better than the relaunch of the JUSTICE LEAGUE series we saw last September. I loved Nicola Scott on this book, and really liked Robinson's work here. I think it's a solid start to a new series that takes characters we haven't seen in the current DCU, and breathes new life into them (Alan Scott, Jay Garrick). The next part I will put in the Spoiler box, so you have been warned.

4 su 5

Da CVine

Green Hankey

Figata clamorosa il numero 1.

Pieno di colpi di scena e in generale
è stata gestita meglio qui che nella JL.

La serie è ambientata

Non mi aspettavo la

come pure

Interessante

Dopo quindi 2/3 di
, Robinson inizia lentamente la costruzione di quello che sarà il cast principale di ET, ovvero

Davvero un grande inizio  :wub:

Complimenti a Robinson e ad una splendida Nicola Scott  :w00t:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Deadpool

Momento momento

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Deadpool il 02 Maggio 2012, 23:29:54
Momento momento

:zuzu:
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Deadpool

Citazione di: Metta World Hankey il 02 Maggio 2012, 23:30:58
Citazione di: Deadpool il 02 Maggio 2012, 23:29:54
Momento momento

:zuzu:
Genialata ATOMICA  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Buddy Baker

Letto il primo numero, non ancora sono sicuro che mi piaccia l'idea che su Earth 2
ma immagino mi debba semplicemente abituare all'idea.

Per il resto Robinson si conferma un ottimo scrittore e sono curioso di vedere dove andrà a parare questa serie

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Azrael

"Earth 2" is a phrase at DC Comics that holds a great deal of import, something that James Robinson and Nicola Scott certainly knew when they began to tackle this comic. Back in the day it was the parallel world where the older Justice Society of America characters still lived, characters that are no longer around in the re-launched DC Universe. "Earth 2" #1 steps forward to try and fill that gap with a new parallel world where the Justice Society characters are alive and well... only in this case, like most of DC Comics now, it's a re-launch of those characters too.

"Earth 2" opens with a "five years earlier" jump into the past, in what at first looks to simply be a world where Geoff Johns's and Jim Lee's "Justice League" #1-6 went horribly wrong for the heroes with only Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman left to fight off the hordes of Apokolips. Robinson plays out that confusion well, waiting until almost a quarter of the way through before we meet Batman's daughter Huntress and we get the first inkling that no, this is a very different world indeed.

What you might not expect even more, though, is that "Earth 2" #1 is set almost entirely in the past. It's around the two-thirds mark that we finally see the battle against Apokolips come to an end and it's only then that we can start meeting the first cast members of "Earth 2." With seven pages introducing three main characters (and two of them only get one page each), it's the one big weak point of "Earth 2." Robinson spends so much time explaining what happened to the familiar heroes of the main DC Universe that there's barely any time to learn about the characters that we're going to read about in "Earth 2" #2 and beyond.

I am delighted to see more art from Scott, whose absence from a monthly series at DC had been noted at the start of the re-launch. Some of that time was clearly spent on drawing the Earth/Apokolips war scenes, with dozens of parademons and mass destruction on almost every page. Once the dust settles, though, Scott gives us a clean-cut, iconic look for her characters. It's rather fitting for the "Earth 2" cast, and it serves as a nice contrast to what we have in the first two-thirds of the comic. Scott's art has been missed on a monthly basis by many (including myself), and it's great to see her back.

"Earth 2" isn't off to a bad start, but it does make me wish that we'd had a little less of the history lesson (for characters doomed from the start, no less) and more of the main characters of the title. It's good enough to read a second issue, but hopefully the pace will pick up a bit more there.

3,5 su 5

Da CBR

Mr. Seven

Earth 2 #1:
Primo numero interessante per la trama, molto meno per i dialoghi di Robinson (un po' l'ombra di com'era un tempo), men che meno per Scott, che sì non dispiace, ma ricorda (senza raggiurnene gli stessi risultati) un po' troppo Reis per i miei gusti.
M'è piaciuto l'assunto di base, diciamo:

- Oh, al diavolo, non mi interessa una vecchiaia serena. Non è mai stato il nostro stile. Vogliamo essere ricordati nel fiore degli anni. Sei pronto?
- Io sono pronto. Tu?

http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/mercatino/%28ct%29-vendoscambio-marvel-dc-vertigo-panini-planeta-magic-press/

Azrael