News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Detective Comics (USA) di Tony Daniel

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 10:17:34

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Ikki di Phoenix

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

Lois Lane

sporchino il tratto di Benes  :hmm: di solito è più pulito. E sta facendo il verso a Capullo ma in modo un po' raffazzonato. Non mi piace granchè

Silver Surfer

Ma Benes è il nuovo disegnatore regolare o fa solo questo numero?
Comunque io lo trovo sempre un clone di Lee, poi per adeguarsi allo stile batmaniano avrà ripreso alcune influenze da Capullo. Anche a me in questo caso non fa impazzire.
If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy.

Sawyer88

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Silver Surfer il 01 Giugno 2012, 09:38:38
Ma Benes è il nuovo disegnatore regolare o fa solo questo numero?
Comunque io lo trovo sempre un clone di Lee, poi per adeguarsi allo stile batmaniano avrà ripreso alcune influenze da Capullo. Anche a me in questo caso non fa impazzire.

no Daniel tornerà anche a disegnare..... si è preso una piccola pausa per
I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

Dean Winchester

Occhi nella Notte

Io che ho sempre parlato bene di Benes, ora dico che non mi piace...  :ph34r:

Solo quando l'ultimo campo sara' sporcato,
l'ultimo fiume inquinato, l'ultimo animale avvelenato e l'ultimo albero abbattuto
che gli uomini capiranno che non possono mangiare i soldi.

I Miei Articoli  http://www.dcleaguers.it/author/occhi-nella-notte<br />
Collezione Tavole Originali  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=46736<br />
COMPRO http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/mercatino/%28vendo%29-parte-della-mia-collezione/msg1438045/#msg1438045

Azrael

With "Night of the Owls" having retreated back to the pages of "Batman," it's time for "Detective Comics" to kick off a new storyline. In this case, though, writer Tony S. Daniel is joined for issues #10-12 by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter on art (presumably to let Daniel start drawing September's issue and beyond). So far, I'm not sold on this pairing.

Under Benes' pencils, "Detective Comics" and Bruce Wayne in particular takes on a much more sinister tone than I think Daniel would have wanted. When Bruce goes to visit Charlotte in the hospital early on, we get the line, "Here... I brought beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman." A cheesy but innocent enough line from Daniel, to be sure. Benes draws Bruce as looking at Charlotte with narrowed eyes and lips, though, like he's barely able to force these words out. This isn't a drawing of a boyfriend, or someone who even cares on a friendly level. Bruce Wayne looks like he's about to kill Charlotte in cold blood.

The strange thing is that this isn't an isolated incident. All through this scene, Bruce looks to be a combination of ticked off and murderous; I'd never been so glad to get the stereotypical scene where someone looks away and when they return their attention to the room, Bruce has left (to go change into his Batman outfit). Add in sketchy drawings of a legion of evil Batmen that look only half-rendered for the big pages 2-3 splash, and we end up with an unattractive comic. I don't think that Benes and Daniel's styles as artist and writer work well together, unfortunately.

The story itself feels a little overly complicated (Fake Batmen! Mr. Toxic! A Hadron Collider!) and while this is admittedly the first chapter in a multi-issue story, it comes across like Daniel throwing too many things at the reader too quickly. Later issues might smooth the story out a bit, but for the moment I keep getting the feeling that this is a story that might have worked a little better if Daniel had paced out all of these reveals into later down the line.

The Two-Face back-up story continues here, and Daniel's script feels very non-threatening and by-the-book. There's nothing particularly out of the ordinary about Daniel's take on Two-Face, but there's also nothing wrong about it either. I am a big fan of Szymon Kudranski's art, and this issue is no exception. For a story cloaked almost entirely in darkness, he does a good job of playing with outlines of people within the shadows. John Kalisz's colors mesh well with Kudranski's creations here, too; they're a strong match for one another.

"Detective Comics" on the whole has been a series that's gone up and down in quality since the relaunch, and this is unfortunately one of the weaker installments. With this issue originally being solicited as Daniel drawing the main story, I'm hoping that the art problems here merely had to do with deadlines, and that it'll come together a bit more in #11-12. For now, though, it's a rough first chapter to a new story.

1,5 su 5

Da CBR
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Dean Winchester

1,5? Non sanno più dare voti questi :lolle:

Azrael

DETECTIVE COMICS #0
Written by GREGG HURWITZ
Art by TONY DANIEL and RICHARD FRIEND
Backup story art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and RICHARD FRIEND
1:25 B&W Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and RICHARD FRIEND
On sale SEPTEMBER 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
• Discover how young Bruce Wayne learned to wield the martial arts, and how a major villain was introduced into his life.
This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Sawyer88

Letto il #10! Bah, ai disegni preferivo Tony ma anche Benes non è così malaccio; la storia non è che mi abbia preso più di tanto, anzi.
Mi sento di confermare il calo della qualità di questa testata dopo il primo arc; questo numero in particolare credo sia il più brutto dei 10 usciti.

Comunque imho non è un numero da 1,5/5 ma da 2,5/5! 

Azrael

DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1 SPOTLIGHT: DAY ONE

The Joker has gone missing from Arkham Asylum, but not even Batman can comprehend the grisly evidence the notorious madman left behind. Something strange and terrible is happening in Gotham City, and it all seems to revolve around a new villain known as Dollmaker. 

The relaunch of DC's flagship title for the first time ever, DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1: FACES OF DEATH comes to you from acclaimed writer and artist Tony S. Daniel. In addition to compiling issues #1-7, this hardcover collection also includes an exciting array of bonus features in the back of the book. Keep checking back to THE SOURCE every day this week for a sneak peek at some of these supplemental materials, including some of Daniel's sketches and layouts.

DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1: FACES OF DEATH is available in bookstores everywhere now.

Azrael

DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1 SPOTLIGHT: DAY TWO

The Joker has gone missing from Arkham Asylum, but not even Batman can comprehend the grisly evidence the notorious madman left behind. Something strange and terrible is happening in Gotham City, and it all seems to revolve around a new villain known as Dollmaker. 

The relaunch of DC's flagship title for the first time ever, DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1: FACES OF DEATH comes to you from acclaimed writer and artist Tony S. Daniel. In addition to compiling issues #1-7, this hardcover collection also includes an exciting array of bonus features in the back of the book. Keep checking back to THE SOURCE every day this week for a sneak peek at some of these supplemental materials, including some of Daniel's sketches and layouts.

DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1: FACES OF DEATH is available in bookstores everywhere now.

Azrael

DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1 SPOTLIGHT: DAY THREE

The relaunch of DC's flagship title for the first time ever, DETECTIVE COMICS, VOL. 1: FACES OF DEATH comes to you from acclaimed writer and artist Tony S. Daniel. In addition to compiling issues #1-7, this hardcover collection also includes an exciting array of bonus features in the back of the book. Below, check out a sneak peek at some of these supplemental materials.