Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Batman (USA) di Tom King

Aperto da Man of Steel, 26 Marzo 2016, 19:26:44

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Hermit

Citazione di: Captain Boomerang il 18 Febbraio 2017, 11:59:31
Citazione di: Hermit il 18 Febbraio 2017, 10:08:56
Mamma mia che cover! e l'ho anche ordinata quella!

Hai ordinata la lenticular? dove? :)
Ho ordinato la regular di Fabok del #21 e la lenticular del #22, da ecomics

Hermit

Letto il #17
Wow che numero! è finito in un batter d'occhio, ma mamma mia che tensione!

Man of Steel

BATMAN #23
Written by TOM KING • Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and DANNY MIKI • Variant cover by TIM SALE
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Please note that BATMAN #22 was solicited outside the Previews Order Form. It is available for advance reorder under item codes NOV169205—NOV169207.
"AFTERMATH"! In the wake of Bane's attack, Batman must face the destruction left behind and follow through on his promises to Gotham Girl and Catwoman by making the most crushing sacrifices yet.
On sale MAY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
We're all searching for enlightenment.
But what is light?
Different for everyone. But everyone looking.

See what we want to see.
No matter how small...or big we are.

Azrael

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Azrael

Batman #17
Written by Tom King
Art by David Finch, Danny Miki and Jordie Bellaire
Lettering by John Workman
Published by DC Comics
Review by Justin Partridge
'Rama Rating: 9 out of 10

Tom King's oddly operatic run continues in the theatrical Batman #17. Shaken by the shocking ending of the last issue, Bruce is now on the defensive, sequestering his headstrong wards in Superman's Fortress of Solitude. But while the Robins and former Robins are safe, Bruce's flank is exposed, as the rest of his allies are soon facing down a pair of Bane's over-the-top henchmen.

Though King's overall plotting has been mercurial since the start, the second act of his Bane saga has taken a more indie approach, employing heightened dialogue and a neat shell game plot. This issue also shows a nice bit of range from returning artist David Finch, along with inker Danny Miki, and colorist Jordie Bellaire.

Moving away from the fast-paced action of their first arc, the team delivers a more grounded take on Gotham and its inhabitants, peppered with nicely flamboyant sound effects and flair in their panel staging. While Batman has ran hot and cold here as of late, #17 goes street level, strange, and stands as a great example of the title's latest upward trend.

"It's him or me. No one else."

Batman has four days to stop Bane from getting to the Psycho-Pirate and, of course, the Bat has a plan. Employing another nice bit of plotting slight of hand reminiscent of the Santa Prisca gambit in "I Am Suicide," Bruce takes a complicated route to get Gotham Girl back in front of the Pirate in order to get her mind right. In order to do this, King gets Alfred in on the mission, continuing both his dryly funny take on Bruce's faithful butler and positioning him as an active participant in the defense. But as we know, being a moving piece on the Bat's chessboard isn't always the safest job.

While Dick and the rest of the active Bat Family are safely in status and under Superman's watchful eye, Gordon, Selina, Bronze Tiger, and Duke are unprotected and leads to the issue's stylish and harrowing ending, which we will get into a bit later. Though King's prosaic structuring hampered "I Am Suicide," the way he's tackling this story has honed the urgency of it and turned Bane into a legit threat without ever really featuring him on panel. Batman stories usually just coast on telling readers that Batman's backed into a corner or that he's engaged in some grand game, but King actually shows that in this issue and that, along with his cheeky plotting and strong characterization, puts his run back on solid ground.

As for the art, I have a confession to make; even when he's very good, like in the first bits of New Avengers, David Finch has always just been okay to me. His work on Batman thus far has been decent enough, sometimes even great with the laser focused inks of Danny Miki and the rich color spectrum of Jordie Bellaire behind him. But in #17, Finch showed me a level of style that I was frankly taken aback by. Starting with cold, almost sterile sets like the Fortress of Solitude and the super-max Joker vault in Arkham, the team starts quiet and then gradually ramp up the tension as the story is detailed in delicately hung panels that seem suspended in a void that easily guides the eye across them.

But it is the cry of an hawk that gives Batman #17 a thunder bolt of style. As Bane and his forces slowly dismantle Batman's defense, a bold yellow "CAW" pierces through multiple action sequences building to a wordless showdown between the Bat and Bane, lit by the harsh red-orange light of a flare and all the while the bird screaming through the panels. Though the scene wouldn't be anywhere nearly as powerful without the fine inks of Miki and the garish colors of Bellaire, its a nice showing from Finch and one that reveals an often un-flexed muscle in his visual output.

At times the "Rebirth" era of Batman has felt more like an odd Legend of the Dark Knight-like freakout instead of the main Bat solo title, but Batman #17 has finally struck a nicely entertaining balance between the two. Tom King may not take the most direct route with his plots, but always finds a new angle for superhero storytelling stocked with strong evocative characters. David Finch, Danny Miki, and Jordie Bellaire provide another strong showing after their return to the title, but #17 shows another side to Finch that I hope continues throughout this arc. Though it may not be the easiest title to get into at times Batman #17 puts the series back into the win column with a stylishly tense installment.

Azrael

Dean Winchester

Azrael

Nigma

La preview di questo numero è bellissima e intensa. Bel lavoro davvero

Man of Steel

King su twitter:
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Coming in Batman 21. Art by Jason Fabok.

Madooo che hype!!!  :batman:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Batman Forever

"TO ME MY X-MEN..."

Man of Steel

Già! Inoltre Bats sta facendo anche un test del DNA! :dsi:
But what is light?

See what we want to see.

Batman Forever

Citazione di: Man of Steel il 24 Febbraio 2017, 19:52:19
Già! Inoltre Bats sta facendo anche un test del DNA! :dsi:
mamma io non vedo l'ora chissà che ne uscirà fuori...

"TO ME MY X-MEN..."

Leonard13

Hype a mille,spero solo che le aspettative vengano ripagate,insomma non chiedo la rivelazione finale di tutto il Dc Rebirth,ma qualche bomba la possono pure sganciare.

Comunque,riguardo le copertine con Zoom e Bats Flashpoint,secondo voi comporteranno un "risveglio di ricordi" di Barry e Bruce (sopratutto il primo)?
"Le Meraviglie sono qui per restare. E ce ne sono sempre di più. Citizen V, la Trottola, Blue Diamond... Se volessi, potrei continuare ad aspettare, ma questo fermerebbe solo me, non loro. E la cosa che vidi quando fui su quel palazzo e quell'onda iniziò a infrangersi intorno a me è che non saranno loro ad adattarsi a noi. Ormai il mondo è diverso. Le regole sono cambiate. Per sempre. E nessuno ha idea di cosa ci riserverà il futuro. Però la sai una cosa? Scoprirlo sarà un gran divertimento!"
Marvels,Kurt Busiek.

"Stai cominciando a capire, Clark, questa è la fine, per tutti e due. Avremmo potuto cambiare il mondo, e ora guardaci. Io sono diventato un problema politico, e tu... tu sei una barzelletta. Voglio che ricordi, Clark, negli anni che verranno, nei tuoi momenti più intimi, voglio che ricordi la mia mano, attorno alla tua gola, voglio che ricordi... l'unico uomo che ti ha battuto."
Il Ritono Del Cavaliere Oscuro,Frank Miller.

"E io...gli ho mostrato,che un uomo senza speranza è un uomo senza paura."
Devil Rinascita,Frank Miller.

Jacopo

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

Mi prometto di postare questa immagine ogni volta che esce una nuova notizia.