Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Aquaman (USA) di Geoff Johns & Ivan Reis

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 12:03:14

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Ikki di Phoenix

Citazione di: nicoman il 09 Luglio 2012, 15:39:55
Ma che gli è preso con queste cover a Reis  :blink:

la cover è brutta, secondo me gliel'hanno commissionata all'ultimo momento e ha dovuto fare di corsa, qui non c'è NIENTE di Reis, forse solo i volti.

"Il fuoco... Un ardore fiammeggiante quale non avevo mai sentito prima di allora, un odio spropositato e dirompente mi sovrastava. Nel mio animo sembrava fluire un magma  incandescente, come se il mio cuore avesse preso a eruttare lava come un vulcano improvvisamente ridestatosi dopo anni di silenzio. Quella folgore, quella brace che sembrava sopita dentro di me aveva ripreso a bruciare, inarrestabile. Sentiii tutta la forza delle stelle esplodermi in petto.  Una smania irrefrenabile di uccidere mi assaliva. Dovevo saziarla."

nicoman

Guarda la fortuna e la speranza stanno nel fatto che sembra che Reis abbia detto sulla sua pagina Fb che si tratta di una cover incompleta.

"I hear words but I cannot understand them.
The roar of the fire inside my brain...bloats out everything.
Suddenly I remember a former name. Someone named Jack Moore. Was that me? He never got into figths. Hated violence.
Now violence seems so right. So natural.
For a moment I lose flight. The crazy power diminishes.
I realize I mustn't think. Just act.
Just Kill."

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:IL MIO MERCATINO: cerco graphic novel, vendo new 52. Passate!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Azrael

Preview: AQUAMAN #11

Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Red Robin

KAL

Reis è il miglior disegnatore di questa generazione.

"I have taken way their confusion and replaced it with obediance. I have taken away their fear of themselves and given them a fear of Darkseid. I have liberated them from the chaos of indecision. I have given them one straight path! One purpose! One goal: TO DIE FOR DARKSEID!"

Lois Lane

Deadpool

Ho letto i primi #5 numeri e mi sento in grado di dire che aquaman di johns è una delle migliori serie del reboot (se non la migliore) va di diritto paragonata ad Action Comics di Morry e a Batman di Snyder  :sisi:.

Mai avrei pensato che un personaggio come questo avrebbe scaturito in me tanta eccitazione e voglia di proseguire le letture, un universo sottomarino pieno di insidie e misteri tutto da scoprire, e si sà in questo johns ha una marcia in più. Il suo aquaman al momento sta toccando velatamente punti che solo il sommo Morrison aveva osato toccare con il personaggio nella sua ormai celebre JLA.

Veramente molto soddisfatto fino ad ora  :lol:

KAL

Citazione di: Deadpool il 20 Luglio 2012, 09:30:57
Ho letto i primi #5 numeri e mi sento in grado di dire che aquaman di johns è una delle migliori serie del reboot (se non la migliore) va di diritto paragonata ad Action Comics di Morry e a Batman di Snyder  :sisi:.

Mai avrei pensato che un personaggio come questo avrebbe scaturito in me tanta eccitazione e voglia di proseguire le letture, un universo sottomarino pieno di insidie e misteri tutto da scoprire, e si sà in questo johns ha una marcia in più. Il suo aquaman al momento sta toccando velatamente punti che solo il sommo Morrison aveva osato toccare con il personaggio nella sua ormai celebre JLA.

Veramente molto soddisfatto fino ad ora  :lol:

io ci avevo scommesso a occhi chiusi.

"I have taken way their confusion and replaced it with obediance. I have taken away their fear of themselves and given them a fear of Darkseid. I have liberated them from the chaos of indecision. I have given them one straight path! One purpose! One goal: TO DIE FOR DARKSEID!"

Lois Lane

Citazione di: Deadpool il 20 Luglio 2012, 09:30:57
Ho letto i primi #5 numeri e mi sento in grado di dire che aquaman di johns è una delle migliori serie del reboot (se non la migliore) va di diritto paragonata ad Action Comics di Morry e a Batman di Snyder  :sisi:.

Veramente molto soddisfatto fino ad ora  :lol:
Quando a Johns interessa un personaggio ci butta dentro una fantasia e una passione sconcertanti  :sisi:

Sawyer88

Le tavole di Reis sono qualcosa di imbarazzante  :wub:

Darko

You and me, Jeannie.
You and me in a blaze of glory.

Ex but still James Howlett

Azrael

The secrets behind the relics is revealed. Why is Black Manta trying to collect them?
The Good
As always, brilliant artwork by Ivan Reis. He's great at setting up a scene with these beautiful splash pages. Right off the bat, we get to see the Dead King's tomb, and the amount of detail in these opening pages is outstanding. That's what I love about Reis' art. He does a great job with establishing shots, mainly in splash page format.

The Dead King part of this story, and his tomb, was something I really enjoyed. It adds a lot to the mythos of Aquaman and Atlantis, and it was undoubtedly the best part of this issue.

While this may not have been my favorite issue to this run thus far, I'm incredibly excited to see this story continue. Things are about to get crazy, thanks to the reveal at the end of this issue.

The Bad
This issue is essentially two amazing scenes, which bookend a very dull issue. Lots of character bios discussed through dialogue and power descriptions through dialogue as well. It felt like most of the issue was just trying to catch up the reader with what was already going on.

The middle part of this issue felt a lot longer than it should have been. It really broke up the issue, and it wasn't as interesting as the start or the finish of this issue. Plus, I just don't like Vostok. I don't find him interesting. The same goes for the Operative.

The Verdict
Well, this is the worst of the Aquaman series so far, but that being said, the worst issue of this Aquaman run is still better than 95% of the books on the shelf. While I loved the art and the Dead King part of this story, the middle of this book dragged and was a bit uninteresting for me. However, this is info you need to continue reading this book because it's heading in an exciting direction.

Since Johns took over this book, I've come to expect a lot from this series, and every issue, except this one, has been dynamite for me. While I liked it though, it just wasn't on the same level as the 10 issues before it.

While I was a bit let down, I do recommend this issue.

3/5

CVine

Arthur Curry

Citazione di: Azrael il 20 Luglio 2012, 01:06:52
Preview: AQUAMAN #11

mamma mia!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

"È fede, Alata. Non devi aspettarti di capirla. Devi solo averla."

Vecchio nick: Meldon75
(conosciuto anche col nome di Capitan Camallo)

Sawyer88

Numero #11 in leggero calo ma che comunque resta godibilissimo! Ho finito gli aggettivi per Reis!  :sisi:

Azrael

Artist Pete Woods Joins AQUAMAN for Guest Issue

In the aftermath of "The Others," who lives and who dies? And what is the fate of the Atlantean relics? In stores on November 28, AQUAMAN #14 continues the acclaimed underwater adventures of Arthur Curry and introduces the treacherous Ocean Master!

And if you need even more reasons to be excited for AQUAMAN #14, joining New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns for a special guest issue is LEGION LOST and SUPERMAN: THE BLACK RING artist Pete Woods!

"Pete Woods is strapping on the scuba tanks, grabbing a speargun and jumping in the deep end!" said series editor Pat McCallum to THE SOURCE. "We couldn't be happier to have him aboard — his art is berserk, and he's bringing that awesome energy to the DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 debut of Ocean Master! We couldn't be more excited!"

Below, take an exclusive first look at the Ocean Master and AQUAMAN #14 by checking out Ivan Reis and Joe Prado's cover for the issue.