Aquaman (USA) di Geoff Johns & Ivan Reis

Aperto da Azrael, 30 Agosto 2011, 12:03:14

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

KAL

Citazione di: Darko il 22 Giugno 2012, 19:28:45
Citazione di: Clark Kent il 22 Giugno 2012, 18:25:34
Citazione di: Darko il 22 Giugno 2012, 18:15:07
Mamma mia Ivan Reis. Ma quanto è bravo?
A mio gusto personale, una cosa esagerata!

E' stupendo. Ha un tratto che dona carisma, epicità e dinamicità  al supereroismo in modo assolutamente perfetto.

E' proprio adatto al genere! E lo fa senza mai e poi mai cadere in un tratto macchiettistico o sopra le righe. E' fine e pulito sempre.

Il mio sogno è di vederlo su Superman (chiaramente) e sulla JLA.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Comincio, e non arrabbiatevi, a preferirlo anche ad alan devis, e. Ho detto tutto

"I have taken way their confusion and replaced it with obediance. I have taken away their fear of themselves and given them a fear of Darkseid. I have liberated them from the chaos of indecision. I have given them one straight path! One purpose! One goal: TO DIE FOR DARKSEID!"

Lois Lane

Citazione di: KAL il 02 Luglio 2012, 22:08:42
Citazione di: Darko il 22 Giugno 2012, 19:28:45
Citazione di: Clark Kent il 22 Giugno 2012, 18:25:34
Citazione di: Darko il 22 Giugno 2012, 18:15:07
Mamma mia Ivan Reis. Ma quanto è bravo?
A mio gusto personale, una cosa esagerata!

E' stupendo. Ha un tratto che dona carisma, epicità e dinamicità  al supereroismo in modo assolutamente perfetto.

E' proprio adatto al genere! E lo fa senza mai e poi mai cadere in un tratto macchiettistico o sopra le righe. E' fine e pulito sempre.

Il mio sogno è di vederlo su Superman (chiaramente) e sulla JLA.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Comincio, e non arrabbiatevi, a preferirlo anche ad alan devis, e. Ho detto tutto
l'unico che potrebbe arrabbiarsi sarei io, tranquillo  :lolle:

io non ancora ma ci siamo quasi  :lol:

Azrael

What do the Others have that the Justice League doesn't?

I don't know, but watching Geoff Johns write this new team and his take on the world's greatest superheroes is like night and day. Maybe it's because of his longtime collaboration with Ivan Reis; maybe it's the freedom to do anything with these characters — up to and including killing them. But either way, Aquaman #10 feels like the kind of rollicking, widescreen action that Justice League should have been... even if the characters are a little less than classic.

Johns continues his reintroduction of Aquaman's first superhero team with the Operative, a vigilante who seems to be equal parts Batman and the Killer from Mark Millar's Wanted. Ultra-cool, brimming with hard-earned confidence and a plan for everything, — not to mention a decent twist — Johns knows how to get readers going, drumming up excitement and speculation on who these unknown heroes are.

Ultimately, though, that enthusiasm comes at a cost — namely, the Others actually steal the show from their orange-shirted compadre. Whereas the Operative has some crackle to his dialogue, Aquaman and his archnemesis Black Manta sound disappointingly old hat: "What do you want, Manta?" Arthur shouts. "What I always want," Manta replies. Johns does give some explanation as to why these two are at each others' throats with such passion, but it lacks the resonance that the rest of this eclectic super-team provides.

But one guy who needs to make no apologies is Ivan Reis. This book is gorgeous, bringing that Bryan Hitch widescreen scale but also keeping some of that cartoony expressiveness. Reis really amps up the danger this issue, particularly when Manta fires a harpoon at an unsuspecting hero, or when we see Aquaman scar Manta's face for the very first time with a very painful-looking piece of machinery. Reis also just knows how to make a striking image pop, particularly when Black Manta pays some of Aquaman's supporting cast a visit, or with the Wanted-style choreography he brings to the Operative's introduction.

There's something about this team — both the heroes and the artists — that brings the best out of Geoff Johns, an accomplished writer who I feel is still on a quest to keep changing and evolving his style. That said, this book isn't perfect, as the focus on these new characters takes away from the already struggling Arthur Curry. But if Johns can tie in these cool new toys with some genuine new insight about the King of the Seas, he might be able to have his cake and eat it, too.

8 su 10

Da Newsarama
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Red Robin

8 su 10.
Insomma... un successo di pubblico e critica. Hanno restituito al re di Atlantide il suo vero trono, quello sugli scaffali di ogni appassionato di fumetti.

Azrael

AQUAMAN #13
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
On sale OCTOBER 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The finale of "The Others."
• Aquaman pushed to the breaking point!
• Who is Black Manta working for?

nicoman

Ma che gli è preso con queste cover a Reis  :blink:

"I hear words but I cannot understand them.
The roar of the fire inside my brain...bloats out everything.
Suddenly I remember a former name. Someone named Jack Moore. Was that me? He never got into figths. Hated violence.
Now violence seems so right. So natural.
For a moment I lose flight. The crazy power diminishes.
I realize I mustn't think. Just act.
Just Kill."

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:IL MIO MERCATINO: cerco graphic novel, vendo new 52. Passate!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Lois Lane

Questa mi piace...solo i colori sono strani

nicoman

I colori sono stranissimi e non nego che forse sono proprio quelli che mi portano fuori strada, però mi da un senso generale di stranezza. Per esempio il braccio sinistro di Aquaman mi sembra abbastanza bruttino. Vabbè, comunque l'importante saranno i disegni dento e la storia!

Suddenly I remember a former name. Someone named Jack Moore. Was that me? He never got into figths. Hated violence.
Just Kill."

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:IL MIO MERCATINO: cerco graphic novel, vendo new 52. Passate!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Lois Lane

su FB Reis dice che è una cover non ancora finita  :sisi:

nicoman

Ah si? Non mi era ancora mai capitato nel mio primo anno fumettistico di sentire una cosa simile, però credo che sia positivo: ci possiamo aspettare un miglioramento finale. Voi che dite?

Just Kill."

Darko

Effettivamente i colori mi spiazzano. Penso che la colorazione influisca molto sul disegno... Comunque vediamo la versione finale. Questa non mi fa impazzire, mettiamola così. ;)

ps: mi linkereste la pagina FB di Reis, per favore? :)

You and me, Jeannie.
You and me in a blaze of glory.

Ex but still James Howlett

Azrael

Citazione di: Darko il 11 Luglio 2012, 01:27:02
Effettivamente i colori mi spiazzano. Penso che la colorazione influisca molto sul disegno... Comunque vediamo la versione finale. Questa non mi fa impazzire, mettiamola così. ;)

Ivan Reis  ^_^

Angel Lupo

Il braccio di Aquaman è inguardabile.

Darko

Citazione di: Azrael il 11 Luglio 2012, 03:28:02
Citazione di: Darko il 11 Luglio 2012, 01:27:02

Ivan Reis  ^_^

Grazie :) Addirittura non ha ancora 5000 amici :D

You and me, Jeannie.
You and me in a blaze of glory.

Ex but still James Howlett

Sawyer88

Ragazzi il #10 è un numero assurdo graficamente parlando, c'è una splash page da urlo!  :wub:

Serie comunque veramente veramente bella! DA AVERE! :ahsisi:

Credo che oltre gli albetti USA prenderò anche i tp tra un anno! Per forza!  :up: