News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Supreme - di Alan Moore

Aperto da Murnau, 03 Settembre 2009, 20:31:15

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

V

qualcuno che ha fb( a me si blocca) può chiedere delucidazioni sulla pagina della renoir comics?

Io oso fare tutto ciò che è degno di un uomo. Chi osa di più non lo è

Green Hankey

pure io sto avendo problemi con schifolibro (ogni aggiornamento peggiora sto cazzo di sito)

I've got new kidneys. I don't like the colour.

V

novità?
sono spaventato a morte che non lo pubblichino :cry:

Murnau

Le novità le avrai tra minimo 2-3 mesi; fino ad allora, chiederle significa solo intasare il topic di spam. ;)
Vendo vari Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.
                                                                                                                                    Il cielo sopra Berlino, 1987

Buddy Baker

Scusate, me lo sono sognato io o in America oggi è uscito un nuovo numero, il 63?

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Green Hankey

Citazione di: Buddy Baker il 04 Aprile 2012, 18:54:19
Scusate, me lo sono sognato io o in America oggi è uscito un nuovo numero, il 63?

si... è stato scritto da Erik Larsen (il creatore di Savage Dragon), basandosi su una sceneggiatura di Alan Moore perduta

Buddy Baker

Che delusione, pensavo fosse al100% del Bardo

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Murnau

Citazione di: Metta World Hankey il 04 Aprile 2012, 19:01:27
Citazione di: Buddy Baker il 04 Aprile 2012, 18:54:19

si... è stato scritto da Erik Larsen (il creatore di Savage Dragon), basandosi su una sceneggiatura di Alan Moore perduta
No, a quello che so è scritto da Moore. E' il numero successivo, che prosegue da dove finisce Moore, ad essere scritto da Larsen.

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.

Green Hankey

sapevo che la storia era di Moore e i dialoghi di Larsen, ma forse potrei sbagliarmi.....

nel numero c'è scritto come hai detto tu, ma ho come l'impressione che l'apporto di Larsen sia stato maggiore  :ahsisi:

Murnau

Citazione di: Metta World Hankey il 04 Aprile 2012, 19:48:43
sapevo che la storia era di Moore e i dialoghi di Larsen, ma forse potrei sbagliarmi.....
No, Larsen parte dal numero successivo.

Che non è andato perduto, Liefeld ha sempre detto che gli episodi di Moore erano due; Larsen però ha avuto difficoltà a visualizzare lo script di Moore e secondo me ora s'è inventato la storia della sceneggiatura smarrita.

La notte, 1961

Green Hankey

Azrael

Alan Moore, Erik Larsen and Cory Hamscher join forces to bring Moore's final Supreme story to life. Touted as "the ultimate jumping on point," will the issue live up to that hype?
Holy cow, Supreme is back! What has he been up to since his last appearance? Will this truly be the "ultimate jumping on point"?

The Good
I read Supreme in the early days but eventually it fell off my reading list. Even the attachment of Alan Moore wasn't enough to keep the book on my radar back in the day. With the resurgence of titles from Liefeld's Extreme Studios, it's fitting to see the return of one of the most powerful characters from that universe.

There is an overall fun vibe in the issue. We see the set up for Supreme and his enemies. There seems to be a lot of tongue in cheek humor and references and you dont' get the feeling that the comic is trying too hard to take itself seriously. This is a good thing because often comics written that way almost have a stuffy feel when you're simply trying to enjoy the story.

Larsen and Hamscher do a great job on the art with Steve Oliff's colors making it a vibrant read. Despite not being completely sure what was going on at times, I found myself getting pulled into the story and art.

There is some definite build up happening here and we clearly get the impression that next issue is going to contain a huge dose of action.

The Bad
Because I haven't read the last few issues fifteen years ago, I did feel a little confused. The book's solicit claims it's the "ultimate jumping on point." With the villain, New Dax, I wasn't sure who he was. It was upon looking at the pages here at Comic Vine that I noted Darius Dax was an old enemy of Supreme and we're seeing several variations on the character.

The Verdict
Supreme is back after a long break and Alan Moore's story will finally be told. Despite the claim that this is the perfect (or ultimate) jumping on point, there was still a lot to take in as a reader who hasn't read the last few runs of the character. Getting past the slight moments of confusion, there is a lot of fun to witness in this comic. Moore's story is setting up some big action and the art team of Larsen, Hamscher and Oliff enhance that vibe with art that is so great to look at.I'll admit I was between a 3 and a 4 for the rating but it's the energy and feel of the book that won me over. Reading this issue definitely makes me wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self to actually read the series but now I'll be on task to try to track them down to get the bigger picture. I can't wait to see what happens next.

4 su 5

Da CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

V

Azrael

When Image announced Alan Moore's final script for "Supreme" was going to see print at long last, drawn by Erik Larsen and Cory Hamscher, I had to wonder if I'd fallen into an alternate universe. Since Moore's excellent run on "Supreme" back in the '90s dealt with (among many other things) alternate universes, that's not an out-of-the-question reaction. Published as "Supreme" #41-56 and "Supreme: The Return" #1-6, the series had not ended as much as merely halted; having one more issue felt too good to be true.

"Supreme" #63 doesn't so much wrap things up but offers a springboard for whoever comes next (in this case, Larsen adding writer to his "Supreme" duties with #64), but it's a doozy. Moore brings his run of "Supreme" full circle; a call-back to his universe-redefining moment in "Supreme" #41, a collision between all the alternate Darius Daxes and Supreme and a glimpse into how something that can be so wonderful for a hero can be so horrible in the hands of a villain.

It's funny that "Supreme" #63 was written over a decade ago, because if you didn't know better you'd think that Moore was re-introducing us to the world of "Supreme" deliberately here. Supreme's new girlfriend Diana Dane is our tour guide to the supporting cast and concepts of the series even as it feels like we're being reunited with an old, forgotten friend. If this had been published merely as "Supreme: The Return" #7 it would have been great, but as "Supreme" #63, it's much more poignant. (I'm sure I'm not the only person now hoping more than ever for some high-quality collections of Moore's "Supreme" run, plus his connected work on "Youngblood" and the like. While there were some volumes years ago from another company, they're not up to the publishing standard one would want.)

I'm used to seeing Larsen pencil and ink his own work, so his collaboration with Hamscher was a pleasant surprise. The general spiky nature of Larsen's pencils is still clearly on display, but I feel that Hamscher softens them just a tad. That keeps the art more in line with what Moore had built back in the day with artists like Chris Sprouse and Rick Veitch; this slightly gentler look for Larsen promises to serve well in the months to come. All in all, it helps make me feel like "Supreme" is in good hands.

"Supreme" #63 is a pleasant epilogue to Moore's "Supreme" run, even as it serves up an excellent cliffhanger for Larsen to move forward. The sky was always the limit in "Supreme," and I feel like it's even more so in its final pages. Where is Larsen going to take "Supreme?" Thanks to Moore, the answer is clearly, "Wherever he can possibly imagine." This is an excellent way to depart a series, even as it provides a final chapter that I didn't realize I had been missing. Good stuff.

4 su 5

Da CBR
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Murnau

Beh, una delle due storie di Moore è pur sempre meglio di nulla.

La notte, 1961